Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I have a cyst in my left Overy that size is 62.5mm. Please tell me how should it remove.
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies are risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post-partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths.
As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through, there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
- Be aware: Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
- Enjoy foreplay: Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
- Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions: Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
- Don't go for multiple partners: Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
- Don't use sex toys: Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
- Don't try risky positions and maneuvers: Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
- Don't keep yourself ahead of her: It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not only negatively affect her mental health, but her physical health as well.
- Do not mix drugs with intimacy: Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the result of using intoxicating substance use during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi doctor my wife has a regular period up to last month. Probable starting date was 26-feb-2015. In march she felt some symptoms but there's no bleeding. It is 1 April. She tested for pregnancy but the result was negative. So what the reason. What should we do now. Thanks
Hi, my sis suffers from stomach ache, during monthly periods and she have more white discharge problem as well. How can we help her?
Celiac disease is a condition in which the small intestine becomes sensitive and reactive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food. Gluten is a kind of a protein found in wheat or barley. In reality, if either of the partners is suffering from celiac disease then you are prone to fertility related issues.
Impact of Celiac disease
As compared to men, this disease is more common among women in general. Women suffering from the disease are generally more prone to infertility and other genealogical problems like preterm births and miscarriages. In the case of men, the disease causes the infertility problems including sperm abnormalities such as low count, abnormal shape, reduced function and such others. Additionally, men with the untreated celiac disease might also have reduced levels to testosterone.
Infertility and Celiac disease
Infertility is one of the lesser known effects of the celiac disease, which is relatively uncommon amongst people. The disease causes infertility by affecting the menstrual cycle among women either in a direct or indirect manner. Some of the infertility related problems caused due the disease are listed below.
- Delayed occurrence of menstruation
- Early menopause
- Secondary amenorrhea (a medical condition associated with sudden cessation of menstruation for 6 months or more)
- Hormonal disruptions and abnormal changes
Celiac disease is usually diagnosed by its own set of underlying symptoms such as chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), iron-deficiency anemia, and such others. Additionally, the condition can be diagnosed if a person is having repeated miscarriages or inability to conceive for unidentified causes.
What can you do about it?
If you experience symptoms of Celiac disease, consult your doctor at the earliest and follow the treatments and preventative measures suggested. Additionally, you can also consult a dietician who will help you to move on to a low grain or no grain diet that would help you further to avoid the disease.
I have missed mc on 6th march and I have test the pregnancy on 16th and 18th march but the result was negative. I have tested it with prega newsand Velosit. What should I do? Should I wait for the next test?
I hv a periodcycle of 34 to 36 days. My last periods were on 19 june .plzz tell around how many days of my last period I ovulate? Wht would have been my ovulation days for this month.
Hi doctor my sister have a hard piece (gilti) in her breast and she have a lots pain in her breast or arm also. She have take pain killer but have no relaxation. Can it be a serious problem?
Hello doc, planning for pregnancy at end of may and periods are due on 10th of may. But want to delay then for religious purpose. Should I take medicine?
1] Chia seeds help in weight loss –
Chia seeds help in weight loss by increasing metabolism. Chia seeds when taken as a pre workout snack will help in increasing your stamina to burn out more calories and stretch your workout timings. Chia seeds are full of fiber and help by satisfying your hunger. Making you feel full. Chia seeds can be very helpful in ladies with pcod and pcos problem. Chia seeds help against bloating.
2] Chia seeds help in diabetes –
Chia seeds have a tendency to absorb a lot of water and swell up, this helps in slowing down the digestion process and hence slow release of sugar in the blood. This helps a type 2 diabetic person to manage his blood sugar levels well. This will help in keeping you full for longer and hence avoid overeating.
3] Chia seeds help in maintaining teeth and bone health –
Chia seeds are super sources of calcium and all the other minerals that are important for bone and teeth health. Chia seeds actually contain more calcium than dairy products. For people who do not consume dairies, chia seed comes as a blessing in disguise.
4] Chia seeds improve heart health –
Several studies are being conducted on effects of chia seeds on heart health. A study at cleveland suggested that chia seeds improve blood pressure levels in type ii diabetics. The study also suggested that chia seeds have a positive effect on other markers of heart health. It improves the hdl cholesterol (good cholesterol), and decreases the bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels in blood of a type ii diabetic.
There are certain studies that have not been very conclusive of benefits of chia seeds on heart health. Chia seeds are good source of fiber, omega 3 and protein and they definitely are the best choice of food for your heart’s health.
5] Chia seeds are good source of protein
We all know that proteins are the building blocks of our bodies and proteins have such important functions that are crucial for life processes. Chia seeds are protein by 14 % of their weight.
This helps chia seeds to be counted as a super food for weight loss. It not only reduces appetite and makes you feel fuller for longer, but it also suppresses hunger. Wow! these features are just what a weight watcher desires.
Chia seeds hence make a super snack especially in the evenings when one tends to feel hungry and over eat snacks.
6] Chia seeds are full of antioxidants –
The department of food and nutrition of purdue university in indiana conducted a study on chia seeds in 2008 and found than chia seeds contain a very good amount of antioxidants.
Chia seeds contain following antioxidants:-
- Quercitin – quercitin has endurance increasing properties. It gives an instant boost of energy for physical training. It also helps in fighting fatigue during workout, thus increasing the stamina.
- Chlorogenic acid – chlorogenic acid may be helpful in slowing the post prandial release of glucose in the blood stream. It keeps the liver and the gall bladder healthy by regularising the flow of bile and not allowing it to stagnate. Chlorogenic acid may also be helpful in preventing and curbing the growth of certain brain tumours
- Caffeic acid – caffeic acid may be of help in preventing colitis, cardiovascular diseases, inflammation and also certain cancers. It also increases immunity.
Chia seeds are a good source of omega 3 –
Chia seeds are advertised as good source of omega 3 fatty acids, but it is important to know the underlying facts. It is true that chia seeds contain more omegas 3 than salmon fish. But amongst the different types of omega 3 fatty acids, chia seeds provide ala (alpha linolenic acid). Ala has to be converted to its active form to be of use to us. However humans are inefficient in converting these acids in to active form. And hence their consumption would hardly make any difference or benefit us. If you are looking to supplement omega 3 in your diet, you could rather choose flax seeds.