Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 26 yr, old,my height 5'6" weight 85. I am, suffering pcos and irregular period, weight gain. please suggest a daily diet. For control it.
I am 27 years old. I got married 1 & half yrs back. I don't have any child yet. As the days are passing on, I am loosing sex anxiety towards my wife where as I get excited immediately when with other woman. I have got checked my sperms count as well. Please suggest how to get a baby before I completely lose sex anxiety towards my wife? Whether I shall perform any tests either for me or for my wife?
Hi doctor, my sister had PCOD problem. Her age was 16. Please give me your suggestions and advices to what we have to do and which type of treatment we have to take.
The medicines that we see today, including the heavy antibiotics and the normal syrups, never existed century ago. However, people since inception have been taking a different form of medications for illness and other health problems. The power of herbal medicines cannot be overlooked at point time – prior to all the modern medicines, these herbal medicines even cured deadly diseases.
Once again, pharmacy is going into the herbal era to explore and bring out the human health benefits. This is because of the ease of use and yes, the affordability and the power to heal almost every human health disorder.
Unfortunately, we lack medicinal plant information and that is why never think of having some quick doctors (medicinal plants) at home. Indeed, everyone seems to be pleased and delighted with the importance of medicinal plants; are you intrigued to have a small healing garden of your own? I mean its fun and benefit for generations. People have always been inquiring about:
- Are herbal remedies safe?
- Which are the best healing plants?
- Is growing medicinal plants a great and beneficial hobby?
This excerpt deals with the most common medicinal plants and their uses – moreover, you would get to know about the list of medicinal plants which can easily been grown at home. For your knowledge and better understand, you can easily relate the information with medicinal plant pictures over the internet and grasp the idea in a better way.
In case of emergencies your little medicinal herbal garden would always stand besides you – for example, my mother was lucky enough to have aloe vera at home garden because I got burnt by the heater and during the cold nights there was no one to take me to doctor. Well, now you must check out the simplest yet effective medicinal plants that must be there in the garden:
1) Aloe Vera:
It can be gown under normal conditions because it just needs moist soil and sun exposure. The big leaves contain sap, which works amazingly against:
The intake of aloe vera juice can heal:
2) Marsh Mallow:
You must have an idea; it is the same plant from which edible marshmallows are obtained. The roots of this plant are extremely beneficial as they treat:
- Insect bites
- bruises and wounds
- Aching muscles
- Skin inflammations
Internally you can treat:
- Stomach acids
- Urine problems
3) Pot Marigold:
The best thing about this plant is it can be grown under normal climatic conditions. It is commonly known for its great benefits for the skin – however, it is amazingly for external uses like:
- Insect bites
- Sore eyes
- Wounds and stings
It also works best for:
- Infections (chronic)
- Varicose veins
4) Chinese yam:
This type of yam can be eaten to cure tonic effects in spleen and stomach. In addition, it helps in treating lungs and kidneys. You can also treat:
- Dry coughs
- Poor digestion
- Helps in weight loss
- Problematic urination
- Snake and Scorpio bites
5) Tea tree:
You must have heard about tea green a lot, especially for treatment against loss of hair and headaches. It contains amazing benefits like antibacterial, anti fungal and works best as antiseptic. In addition, it treats:
6) Lemon balm:
The leaves of this plant have mint like smell and provides nourishing image. It has big summer flowers, which can be rubbed against the skin for:
- Animal bites
- Mosquito bites
The nectar that is used with water in form of juice is beneficial for:
It is mostly known for its strong antiseptic nature. It is wonderful when it comes to the treatment of:
- Stomach gas
You must have used basil lot many times in food but have you ever tried it to heal flatulence? It has the power to treat:
- Lack of appetite
- Stomach gas
You must have had used sage in your food – interestingly, it has the capacity to treat:
10) Fenugreek seeds:
These are very nourishing and carry great nutritional value – they can treat:
- Labor pain
- Digestion issues
- Drain ducts
- Diabetes (initial)
- Blood cholesterol levels (low)
- Refresh breathe
It contains allantoin, which helps in a replacement of body cells naturally. In addition, it can treat:
- bronchial issues
- broken bones (weak bones)
- severe burns
- cuts and acne
12) Turkey Rhubarb
It works well for the digestion problems and maintains balance in the digestive system. This herb is very gentle and treats:
- Menstrual problem
- Bladder problem
This herb is known for its natural ability to promote health and prolong the life. The roots can used to treat:
- Nervous disorders (relaxation of nervous system
- Increase the metabolism rate
- Improved blood pressure levels
- Improve diet
- Improve immunity
- increased hormone secretion
Peppermint is known as the world most powerful and oldest herb that can treat human health effectively. It is enriched with Vitamins like A and C – contains manganese and iron. The leaves can be used to treat:
- Upset stomach
- Treat fever
15) Milk Thistle:
It improves the liver function effectively – also it treats:
My wife's got last period 11th February. This month period didn't start. We have a baby of 9 month. At this stage we're not ready for another baby. What should we do? What is medicine name should she take for avoid this pregnancy?
Hi sir, I got married. Today and Now I am going to have my first sex with my partner. Should I use condom or not. She says not to use condom. As it is our first sex. I told her that she may be pregnant without the use condom. She is saying me to give I pill. As she do not want to become pregnant now Sir what is the safe way should I use condom or not Or should I give her medicine if the sperm goes inside. Because she is saying not to use condom. For the first time Sir what should I do.
Im 18 year old my boyfriend is also 18 year old if we want abortion where should we go and how many hours will abortion take if its before 10 weeks i.e through pills?
Yesterday I had sex with my girlfriend. She is 21 years of age. We had unprotected sex. We are very tensed that she will going to be pregnant or not. And within how many days we come to know that she is pregnant or not. Pls tell me minimum how many days we come to know about this. Today she find vaginal spotting (bleeding. Even though the period is due after two weeks. What does it mean. Pls help.
According to many fitness experts, swimming can be an effective and rigorous fitness workout for people of all age, and everyone should try to hit the pool every day. While this is a regular regime for some, many are into a misconception that swimming is like child’s play. There are also those who think that swimming is not an effective form of weight loss. But the reality is that swimming is one of the best cardio exercises, and you must include it in your regular fitness regime.
And, in case you are running out of reasons to indulge in swimming, here are a few important points to convince you.
- Swimming is good for heart health: Swimming is known to provide an unparalleled conditioning of cardiovascular health if you can practice it with an untainted consistency. Even though other kinds of exercise such as running or cycling can be more effective to boost the levels of metabolism, you should include swimming in cross-training routine. Pushing yourself to swim regularly will improve the overall fitness.
- Helps in balancing the structure of muscles: Swimming aids in building longer and leaner muscles which complement the denser muscles produced from weight training. These newly formed muscles also aid in speeding up the metabolism process for keeping the calorie for burning longer.
- Swimming is an excellent form of cross-training: Swimming helps in improving the cardiovascular capacity and increase muscle strength. But the reason why swimming is famous among fitness enthusiasts is that swimming offers the much-needed break from the high impact workouts such as weight-lifting, running and basketball. It allows athletes a respite from the regular intensive routine and helps the body to heal properly without compromising the daily fitness sessions.
- Swimming helps in improving the overall flexibility of the muscles: Hitting the pool gradually relaxes the major muscle groups in the body and increase flexibility along with stretching it. If you indulge in lactic acid building workouts such as weight-lifting, cycling and running, swimming for half an hour assists in flushing out the toxins and spare the muscles from becoming tight and sore the following day.
- Assists in strengthening the core: One of the most prominent reasons why you should hit the pool regularly is that it helps in improving the core body strength. This is due to utilisation of the major muscle groups at the same time. Even though about 70 percent of the body’s effort rises from the upper portion, moves such as fin and kickboard can offer an excellent lower body workout.
To sum up, these benefits are definite to compel anyone to consider swimming on a regular basis and improve the quality of life without hurting the muscles. And in no time, you would start enjoying it too!" If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
If i-pill is taken today after the sex, and within 24 hours again sex is enjoyed, is there a need to take i-pill again? Suppose it is taken again I. E. I-pill consumed twice in less than 36 hours is there any side effects or can it delay menstrual cycle?
If you are not new to Ayurveda and its treatments, then you are sure to know about Triphala; for the concoction has been used in Ayurveda since a very long time. Widely known for its laxative abilities, Triphala offers highly effective remedies and have several medical benefits. If you are curious to know about them, read on for a few facts.
What is Triphala?
The name is etymologically derived from two Sanskrit words 'tri' meaning three and 'phala' signifying fruits. Thus, Triphala is a combination of three fruits which are powdered and ground together. These three fruits are:
- Embellica officinalis, more commonly referred to as Indian gooseberry or amla.
- Terminalia chebula or haritaki in Sanskrit is a fruit with nut-like appearance. It is also known as harad.
- Terminalia bellirica is known as bibhitaki in various languages and vibhidaka in Sanskrit. Many people also refer to the fruit as baheda.
What are its uses?
The powder of Triphala is used for the treatment of many health issues which may range from high blood sugar to weight loss. Moreover, its anti-inflammatory properties help in the treatment of arthritis. It is also endowed with antioxidants which can delay aging. The good news is that the long list of benefits of Triphala doesn't end right here. Some of the commendable advantages of using Triphala include:
- Get rid of dark circles: Our daily lifestyle has left us with panda eyes which deteriorates our appearance. You can use Triphala powder as an eyewash and bid farewell to your dark circles as well as puffiness under the eyes. For this purpose, all you have to do is add a little amount of this powder into some water and wash the eyes thoroughly with it.
- A brilliant ingredient for rejuvenating skin: If you are looking to have baby soft and supple skin, then you can use Triphala powder which helps in softening, moisturizing and smoothening the skin. This is due to the presence of various antioxidant compounds that fights not only pigmentation but also acne-causing bacteria.
- A great stimulator of hair growth: If you have been suffering from thinning of hair or hair fall, then Triphala can help you as well. You may apply Triphala water directly on the hair directly. The emollient properties of Triphala water help in locking the moisture and offer relief, if you are suffering from alopecia.
- Effective in reducing digestive issues: Triphala works as a brilliant laxative which can be used in stimulating bowel movements. If you have been suffering from bowel or digestive problems, then you can have a teaspoon of Triphala early morning. It will help in treating bloating, diarrhea and other issues of the stomach.
So, if you are suffering from any of the issues, you can purchase this simple yet effective medicine from your local Ayurveda store.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I did abortion in 14 weeks due to absence of heart beat of my baby. Before 2 month ago I did use heart beat was 148. And right overy cyst 2.54 cm.but in 14 weeks when I did use heart beat absent cyst also absent. Doctor told genetic problem. I took medicine gestofit200 mg Sr daily 2tab and took Lupihcg5000iu inj 4 weeks. But my question is why it happened and next when I will take pregnancy. Now what to do.
I have extreme pain during periods. What should I do to get relief during that time? I take cyclopam but it doesn't subside the pain.
माहवारी (मासिक धर्म) के सभी दोषों को दूर करना
1. किशमिश: पुरानी किशमिश को 3 ग्राम की मात्रा में लेकर इसे लगभग 200 मिलीलीटर पानी में रात को भिगोकर रख दें। सुबह इसे उबालकर रख लें। जब यह एक चौथाई की मात्रा में रह जाए तो इसे छानकर सेवन करने से मासिक-धर्म के सभी दोष नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
2. तिल: काले तिल 5 ग्राम को गुड़ में मिलाकर माहवारी (मासिक) शुरू होने से 4 दिन पहले सेवन करना चाहिए। जब मासिक धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसे बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे माहवारी सम्बंधी सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं। लगभग 8 चम्मच तिल, एक गिलास पानी में गुड़ या 10 कालीमिर्च (इच्छानुसार) पीसकर गर्म कर लें। आधा पानी बच जाने पर 2 बार रोजाना पीयें, यह मासिक- धर्म आने के 15 मिनट पहले से मासिकस्राव तक सेवन करें। ऐसा करने से मासिक-धर्म खुलकर आता है। 14 से 28 मिलीलीटर बीजों का काढ़ा एक ग्राम मिर्च के चूर्ण के साथ दिन में तीन बार देने से मासिक-धर्म खुलकर आता है। तिल, जौ और शर्करा का चूर्ण शहद में मिलाकर खिलाने से प्रसूता स्त्रियों की योनि से खून का बहना बंद हो जाता है।
3. ज्वार: ज्वार के भुट्टे को जलाकर इसकी राख को छान लें। इस राख को 3 ग्राम की मात्रा में पानी से सुबह के समय खाली पेट मासिक-धर्म चालू होने से लगभग एक सप्ताह पहले देना चाहिए। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म
के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
4. चौलाई: चौलाई की जड़ को छाया में सुखाकर बारीक पीस लें। इसे लगभग 5 ग्राम मात्रा में सुबह के समय खाली पेट मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग 7 दिनों पहले सेवन करें। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार
नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
5. असगंध: असगंध और खाण्ड को बराबर मात्रा में लेकर बारीक पीस लें, फिर इसे 10 ग्राम लेकर पानी से खाली पेट मासिक धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग 7 दिन पहले सेवन करें। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
6. रेवन्दचीनी: रेवन्दचीनी 3 ग्राम की मात्रा में सुबह के समय खाली पेट माहवारी (मासिक धर्म) शुरू होने से लगभग 7 दिन पहले सेवन करें। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
7. कपूरचूरा: आधा ग्राम कपूरचूरा में मैदा मिलाकर 4 गोलियां बनाकर रख लें। प्रतिदिन सुबह खाली पेट एक गोली का सेवन माहवारी शुरू होने से लगभग 4 दिन पहले स्त्री को सेवन करना चाहिए। मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने के बाद इसका सेवन नहीं करना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
8. राई: मासिक-धर्म में दर्द होता हो या स्राव कम होता हो तो गुनगुने पानी में राई के चूर्ण को मिलाकर, स्त्री को कमर तक डूबे पानी में बैठाने से लाभ होता है। 9. मूली: मूली के बीजों का चूर्ण सुबह-शाम जल के साथ 3-3 ग्राम सेवन करने से ऋतुस्राव (माहवारी) का अवरोध नष्ट
10. अडूसा (वासा): अड़ूसा के पत्ते ऋतुस्त्राव (मासिकस्राव) को नियंत्रित करते हैं। रजोरोध (मासिकस्राव अवरोध) में वासा पत्र 10 ग्राम, मूली व गाजर के बीज प्रत्येक 6 ग्राम, तीनों को 500 मिलीलीटर पानी में पका लें। चतुर्थाश शेष रहने पर यह काढ़ा कुछ दिनों तक सेवन करने से लाभ होता है।
11. कलौंजी: 2-3 महीने तक भी मासिक-धर्म के न होने पर और पेट में भी दर्द रहने पर एक कप गर्म पानी में आधा चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल और 2 चम्मच शहद मिलाकर सुबह-शाम को खाना खाने के बाद सोते समय 30 दिनों तक पियें। नोट: इस प्रयोग के दौरान आलू और बैगन नहीं खाना चाहिए।
12. विदारीकन्द: विदारीकन्द का चूर्ण 1 चम्मच और मिश्री 1 चम्मच दोनों को पीसकर 1 चम्मच घी के साथ मिलाकर रोजाना सुबह-शाम सेवन करने से मासिक-धर्म में अधिक खून आना बंद होता है। विदारीकन्द के 1 चम्मच चूर्ण को घी और चीनी के साथ मिलाकर चटाने से मासिक-धर्म में अधिक खून आना बंद हो जाता है।
13. उलटकंबल: उलटकंबल की जड़ की छाल का गर्म चिकना रस 2 ग्राम की मात्रा में कुछ समय तक रोज देने से हर तरह के कष्ट से होने वाले मासिक-धर्म में लाभ मिलता है।
उलटकंबल की जड़ की छाल को 6 ग्राम लेकर 1 ग्राम कालीमिर्च के साथ पीसकर रख लें। इसे मासिक धर्म से 7 दिनों पहले से और जब तक मासिक-धर्म होता रहता है तब तक पानी के साथ लेने से मासिक-धर्म नियमित होता है। इससे बांझपन दूर होता है और गर्भाशय को शक्ति प्राप्त होती है।
अनियमित मासिक-धर्म के साथ ही, गर्भाशय, जांघ और कमर में दर्द हो तो उलटकंबल की जड़ का रस 4 ग्राम निकालकर चीनी के साथ सेवन करने से 2 दिन में ही लाभ मिलता है।
My daughter 17 yr old undergone surgery of ovarian cyst more than two months ago se is having menstrual period continously for the last 21 days she is having dinofirst twice a day, primolut n, tranostat. Please advise.
Here is Post Prophylaxis of Hiv Drugs
Oh Hi! I’m Dr. Vinod Rena today we are going to talk about PEP drugs.
What is PEP? It is posted prophylaxis of HIV drugs if a patient had sexual intercourse with some prostitute, with some sex worker, some unknown lady, some transsexual or with some homosexual and if in this case the condom gets busted then the patient is exposed to the death content of HIV. We can nowadays start the medication within 72 hours of the direct contact and we can save the life of the patient. These drugs are called PEP or prophylactic HIV drugs which can be taken within 72 hours of the direct contact. HIV drugs and which can be started within 72 hours of the direct contact.
These drugs contain 3 to 4 anti-HIV drugs and moreover, we shall give more drugs for example if there is liver toxicity we can give drugs to stop it. If there is some problem with the liver we can give drugs to stop that and moreover we can work on the immune system. We can give pre and probiotics if we are starting these drugs on time definitely we are going to protect this patient from HIV.
If you want to connect me you can log on lybrate.com/Dr. Vinod Rena or you can visit my clinic in Sabhderjung Enclave or you can just write me or you can have an online consultation on the platform of Lybrate. Thanks.