Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita S Dev
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita S DevYour feedback matters!
Women’s anatomy is different from men’s anatomy and so are the problems that they face. Women’s anatomy is special, complicated, and unique, they face several gynaecological problems at different stages. Getting to know your body, possible health problems, their causes, and preventive measures will help you stay away from such health issues.
Causes of gynaecological problems in today’s life:
Today, most women are career focussed and work extensively. The enormous work pressure is a leading cause of many of the gynaecological disorders. A recent study shows that 68% of working women suffer lifestyle diseases like obesity, depression, diabetes, hypertension and backache. Most of them skip meals and often eat junk and processed food. Environment pollution, lack of sleep, less sunlight exposure, lack of exercise, poor nutrition, anxiety, insecurity, excessive intake of alcohol and drug are among the other causes of these diseases. The lifestyle changes and lack of awareness have resulted in problems like breast cancer, infertility, menstrual disorders, high-risk pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
Some common gynaecological problems:
- Breast Cancer: One of the leading cause of untimely death in women is breast cancer. Many women irrespective of the race and region are getting affected by breast cancer. Women over forty years are more prone to this cancer. Early diagnosis and general lifestyle changes result in increased survival rate. As a preventive measure for breast cancer, women over 40 years should opt for a mammogram scan once in 2 years. Self-examination of breasts is recommended as well.
- Menstrual Disorders: Menstrual disorders include Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia, Irregular bleeding, Dysmenorrhoea, etc. Common causes for menstrual disorders are stress, hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, diet, lack of physical activities, etc. When the menstrual cycle is absent, it is called Amenorrhea, and when the secretion of menstrual fluid is more than the average, it is called Menorrhagia.
- Infertility: The inability to conceive a baby is called infertility and the problem seems to be on the rise every year. The major causes of infertility in women are inadequate levels of hormones and problems with ovulation. Many treatments are available to improve the chances of conception. Hormone treatments, drugs to increase fertility, and surgical procedures to name a few. However, regular exercises, balanced diet, and stress-free life are natural ways that may offer a huge relief from this problem.
- High-risk pregnancy: When in a pregnancy there are too many complications than the normal pregnancy it is called a High-risk pregnancy. Late marriage, lifestyle disorders, conceiving after 35years may cause a high-risk pregnancy. In a high-risk pregnancy bleeding during the 3rd trimester, RH incompatibility, abnormalities of reproductive tract may happen.
Preventive measures against the gynaecological problems:
Other than the medicinal and clinical support there are some precautions by which a woman can take away the gynaecological problems from herself.
- Healthy Diet: Lots of fresh fruits and green vegetables along with a well-balanced diet is imperative for a disease-free life. Avoid junk foods, aerated drinks, and fatty foods. Don’t skip the meal and eat in proper time.
- Physical activity every day: Indulge in any kind of physical activity or sport. From swimming to running to yoga and aerobics, choose the one you love and get going, every day. Being active is the key to keep lifestyle diseases away.
My wife suffers lot of pain since 7 months on the first and second day of period the pain is so huge she takes meftal spas 2 Times a day. Could you suggest me any treatment for my wife.
I am 31 year old women and married for 3 years. I am facing a problem with my periods from last one year. They are getting delayed and sometimes I need to take medicine to get my periods. I am planning for a baby since last august, but I am not able to conceive. I want to know is it a pre-menopause I am going through or some other serious issue?
Will having sex on 4th day of periods causes pregnancy? Short cycle is 30 longest is 45 and this time it it 33.PLease tell.
She have period problem. She is in very pained .in one month period coming in every five days. Please do something. And talk with me soon. Please.Thank you.
I am pregnant of 10-11 week .I have done blood test as suggested after my gynee, all reports are normal excluding TSH TEST which results .20 and normal condition is .30-4.8 is there thing to worry about this test please help me.
I am suffering from pcos want to get pregnant but can't. I am taking medicine since one year went to many doctors but no result. I mean trying hard to loose weight also. Please help me. My taking ovashield and sustain Sr in medicine.
Did you know your health could depend on how clean your fridge is? The person's fridge can be the marker of his good health or his bad health. Most of the times, people neglect cleaning their fridge or just randomly stock up their fridge without organizing the food in correct compartments. An unclean refrigerator can contribute to spoilage of food and drinks due to an unhygienic environment.
The following measures can make you healthy:
- Temperature Control: Make sure you control the temperature of your refrigerator from time to time according to the storage requirements of the foods. Lack of temperature control can make your fridge a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses. Milk products and meat have certain storage requirements therefore, temperature control is recommended to prevent spoilage and allows you to use food in the proportion required and store the rest.
- Organization of Foods: Storing the foods in correct compartments can actually keep them fresh for a long time. It is wise to organize the storage of your foods in a way so that the ones which are highly perishable are kept in the coldest area. Keep milk products, vegetables and poultry in separate places to avoid food spills. Make sure you store the foods in proper containers so that they don't drip and mix with other food.
- Prevent Growth of Bacteria: Cleaning your fridge is of vital importance to prevent the growth of bacteria or any other virus. An unclean refrigerator can induce growth of parasites thereby increasing the risk of food poisoning and other problems. Fermentation or frequent curdling of milk products can be a sign of an unclean fridge. Make sure you clean your fridge regularly to avoid contamination of your food.
- Get Rid of Expired or Rotten Food: Cleaning the refrigerator on a regular basis can help you get rid of expired foods and rotten vegetables. It often happens that food gets spoilt inside the fridge due to lack of temperature control, improper storage or simply because it was left inside for a long time. It is best to check the contents of your fridge routinely and get rid of any food which gives out a stink or has changed color in ordered to keep the other foods in good condition.
The above points will ensure you eat more healthy and in turn, will result in a better overall health!
Related Tip: "Why Cleaning Your Fridge Will Make You Healthy"