Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Smita Jaymalhar ShindeYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor usually the pain in my knee and other joints of body my age is 19 please ask how I do for this.
Hi sir I am satveer. I working in It industry last ten years. I have back pain problem last 2 years. I doing regular yoga n gym. What positions can help me.
I am 53 years old (female) My weight is 87 KGS. I have knee pain. What should I do. Please suggest. Thanks. H. Vijaya chamundeeswari.
I'm suffering a back pain in last two months I try some spray's but pain not fully reduced per day I bend minimum 50 times bcoz it's my job natural any one suggest what I can do.
I am 20 years old female. I have pain in my hands from many days and frequent muscle cramps occur when I walk up the stairs. And also I feel low energy. Are these symptoms due to vitamin deficiency in body?
Dr. Har waqt sar me dard rehta hai aur kamar me kafi dawai bhi khai. Ek saal pehle dengue fever bhi ho gaya tha phir aaram tha par dard abi bhi hai please advised de kiya karna hai.
I have knee pain when I was sitting or standing it was paining very much I was suffering with sever pain.
I am 34 years and I am suffering from gout with severe pains in joints and heals in joints and my uric acid levels is 7.8 I am using medicines medicines any problem.
I am 23 year old boy. Sir I have a problem of leg upper side pain since last 30 to 40 days I was taken some tablets of pain but it doesn't work. So I want tht you help me take out from this pain.
Sir, I met with an accident and I am having ligament tear both acl & mcl please advise what should be done?
I am 34 years old male. Often I have pain in my arm (around shoulder joint) just after waking up and it lasts for 2-3 days. It feels like some muscle has been twisted or stretched. I think is it because of my sleeping habits as I sleep on side but one of colleague told me that sometime it is due to some issues with heart. Please advice.
My father has a problem with knee and leg pain for a 2 month and he is a diabetic patient. Please help me to resolve my father pain problem.
I am 22 year bold boy some times I have back pain I use so many pain killer and also use moov I like to go martial arts so how can relief my pain for going martial arts?
I am 16 years old and I have got backache from 2 months. It starts when I constantly sit for 1-2 hours.
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.