Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Charwad
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita CharwadYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old female married for the past 6 months. I would like to know the best best sex protection methods and also hygiene follow up and is there any anti bacterial wash day we can use to clean our parts before indulging as we are not comfortable with condoms we are pretty used to pull out method. I wanna know the hygiene measures nd sanitizers dat can be used.
Psoriasis is a complex immune?mediated disease and is a common disorder that affects men and women equally.
Although it can begin at any age, the peak times for disease onset are young adulthood (ages 20 to 30 years) and late middle age (ages 50 to 69 years).
There are multiple clinical subtypes of psoriasis. Plaque psoriasis, the most common presentation of psoriasis, most commonly presents with sharply defined erythematous plaques with overlying silvery scales. The scalp, extensor elbows, knees, and back are common locations for plaque psoriasis lesions.
Psoriatic arthritis occurs in about 30 percent of patients with psoriasis, and precedes the skin manifestations in approximately 15 percent of patients.
A diagnosis of psoriasis can be made by history and physical examination in the vast majority of cases. Occasionally, a skin biopsy is needed to rule out other conditions.
Numerous topical and systemic therapies are available for the treatment of psoriasis. Treatment modalities are chosen on the basis of disease severity, relevant comorbidities, patient preference (including cost and convenience), efficacy and evaluation of individual patient response.
I am 32, I take tab citizen for running nose from long time approx 4 years . Not daily weekly once like that. I think or feel Due to this reason may be start my hairloss . 3 months back remove hair on my head. Since I am not lost my hair. Now start loss my hair 5 to 10 hairs per day. This is the any problem are not. And please suggest best mild shampoo, hair care instructions, best black henna, best daily food to grow my hair. Thanking you sir.
I have a prblm about my penis. Its medium bt nt an verage penis nd I want to growth tht penis. So plzz help me.
Sir. Erectile dysfunction since long, can't do Sex without taking sildenafil citrate and that too lasts for a 2 to 3 minutes.
Hello doctor, There was a blood donation camp took place in our company and even I wanted to donate my blood, during test they found that I have iron deficiency so I am not eligible to donate blood. The normal reading it found to be 13 whereas they were in need of more than 13. So, please help me out with the diet plans to increase the iron content in my blood which will be helpful for me to donate blood next time.
How to improve your eating habits
You are what you eat, and this rings true for everyone. What you eat impacts your health the most, much more than any other thing. What you eat also depends on your environment and the people you share your life with. However, cultivating healthy eating habits does not require a lot of effort. Making small changes to your daily habits and lifestyle is the only way to improve your eating habits permanently- diets only provide temporary help.
Here are some changes to make to improve your eating habits:
- Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- If you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- Don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- Don't delay or skip meals.
- Cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- Have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- Eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- Eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- Use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- Know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
After brushing my tongue, I began to notice streaks of bleed when spitting in the sink. I located the source and it was right on top just a little towards the back. Its very easy to see the area when sticking my tongue out and looking in the mirror. The bleeding very, very minor, almost like a pin and would likely not be noticeable without rinsing. The odd part is, the bleeding almost immediately subsides, but always come from the exact same spot. When its not bleeding, there's absolutely no indication of a lesion or bump on the tongue whatsoever. It looks perfectly normal, even upon very close lighted inspection. There appears to be no subsurface bumps either. It feels and looks perfectly smooth like the surrounding areas. Is this something to be concerned about and worthy of a special appointment or is this something fairly typical? I brush my tongue in the morning with the standard toothbrush and have never had this, nor sourness from it as a result. I'm a 25y/o male. Thanks!
Good evening sir I request stomach pain and after eating warming place suggestion how to stop please help me sir.
I am 68 year old male. I suffering from Hyper Acidity since lasttwo years. Is there any permanent solutions for this? And also I am not getting sleep till late night. Please suggest me the permanent solutions. Ramesh Kulkarni.
I remain constipated (no full evacuation). I take all precautions (eat fiber, take good amount of water etc). My metabolism/digestion seems to be slow/, keep feeling heaviness in lower part of the abdomen. I am male about 69 year old, but active.
My age is 74. No major problem like diabetes etc. My weight is around 65 kgs. Height is 5 7" I look very slim and boney I wd like to add a little more weight. Any advise any suggestions?
Can the heart block be solved properly without operation, if its possible please reply, its urgent for my grand father,
In most cases, men who suffer a slight loss of penis sensation can take a few good penis care tips to heart and gradually restore their penis sensitivity. But what about those who are suffering from severe sensation loss? For those men, the idea of surgery to restore penis sensation is not far-fetched. In fact, they might choose to eagerly go under the knife if it means they again get to feel the pleasures their body was designed to feel.
On the other hand, any surgery is risky, but especially one that requires a surgeon to work on the penis and surrounding area. Here's what a man needs to know about penis surgery for sensation restoration, as well as other ways that might be worth trying first.
What does penis sensation restoration entail?
One of the most common penis sensation restoration surgeries works on the principle of preventing friction, chafing and any other potentially damaging touch against the penis. To do this, the surgeon works to create a flap of tissue that covers the head of the penis, much like an artificial foreskin. By keeping this most sensitive area of the penis protected and safe from any outside elements, it allows the area to heal the nerve endings that have been damaged. The result is often that a man can eventually feel penis sensation in the area, often enough that he can once again engage in satisfying sensual play, whether with himself or a partner.
The problem is that surgery like this requires cutting, and that's something that can lead to even more loss of sensation. The areas where the skin is removed from will likely be numb for a while, and might even suffer some permanent nerve damage. Besides that, every cut and stitch creates another wound that must heal - and that heightens the risk of infection. A man who winds up with an infection after the surgery could see his penis sensitivity decrease even more.
So what's a man to do about penis sensation restoration?
- Rather than go under the knife, a man can look to other ways that aren't as invasive. Cardiovascular health matters a great deal, as it takes copious blood flow to make a penis as erect and sensitive as it should be. Paying attention to diet and exercise is a great way to start. It's also important to look at overall health, as things like smoking, diabetes and other health concerns can quickly diminish penis sensitivity.
- Besides this, it's important to make sure the penis is always protected from potential nerve damage. Avoid anything that might lead to soreness, bruising or other issues that could lead to damage. For instance, always wear an appropriate cup or jock strap during sports, wear the proper underwear, use the best cleansers for sensitive skin and otherwise look for ways to enhance and protect penis skin.
- Finally, a man who has serious issues with penis sensation can talk to the doctor about potential creams and medications that might help enhance the sensation they do have. Though medications do not work for everyone and are often considered a last resort before surgery, it might be worth taking a pill every day to avoid going under the knife.
- Another good option for preserving penis sensitivity is the daily use of a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème with Shea butter and vitamin E, both of which can keep the skin soft and thus enhance sensitivity. Also look for L-carnitine, which fights against peripheral nerve damage, and can help protect a man's sensitive penis skin from further problems. Finally, L-arginine is great for better blood flow, which can help boost the sensitivity of those nerve endings.
The human body can do some really strange things. Some of those things are so strange, in fact, that most people have never heard of them. Take, for instance, sleep sex. When it comes to rare penis problems, this is definitely one of those at the top of the list. Men who are interested in their penis health and good penis care - both when awake and when asleep - should know about even the more obscure penis problems they might encounter.
So what is sleep sex?
It isn't unusual for a man to get a little frisky in his sleep. Most men are aware of nocturnal emissions, which happen often when a guy is younger and tend to decrease in frequency as he becomes older and better able to control his sensual urges. A man might even reach down and play a little bit during his sleep, especially if he's in the throes of an erotic dream.
But sleep sex is quite different. Men who suffer from sexsomnia, as it is often called, will engage in full masturbation sessions while they are asleep. Similar to sleepwalking, a man will often go through the motions he usually does for masturbation, including finding the lube in a drawer and using it, or even sitting or standing up to do the deed. As soon as he reaches release, he might lie right back down and continue sleeping, with no memory of the session when he wakes up.
Sometimes, a man will actually have sex with a partner while he is asleep. Though this is much rarer, it certainly does happen. If this happens, it's with the sex partner right there in bed with the person, or at least in the same home - however, there are some rare reports of men who have sex with people who are not their partner, and they are never aware of what they are doing. Obviously, this leads to some serious consequences.
How does sleep sex happen?
- Just like sleepwalking, sleep sex happens without any input from the person who is engaging in the activity. They are fully asleep, with no knowledge of what is happening and often no memory of it when they wake up.
- Scientists aren't entirely sure what causes it, but they have identified some triggers that make it more likely for someone to engage in sleep sex, or any sort of sleep activities, such as sleepwalking. Alcohol tends to be a triggering factor, as well as long-term sleep deprivation. However, the most common reason is sleep disruption: a person's sleep is interrupted, but not enough to wake them up fully. The result is a dream-like state where they aren't fully awake but aren't in a deep sleep, either.
- Fortunately, there are ways to combat sleep sex and other related issues. Since sleep apnea is one of the top reasons for sleep disruption, the use of a CPAP machine at night can help keep someone in bed and away from episodes of sleep sex. Some anti-anxiety drugs have also proven very helpful in keeping sleep sex at bay. And for some, cognitive behavioral therapy might have some effect.
- When a man is getting it on in his sleep, he might not pay attention to the best practices for penis care, such as using adequate lube for masturbation. That's why he can benefit from a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). This crème should contain Shea butter and vitamin E, the better to soothe sore and overworked skin. It should also contain L-carnitine, which helps fight the signs of peripheral nerve damage that can lead a man to a loss of penis sensation, especially after a rough session of masturbation during a long night.