Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Charwad
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita CharwadYour feedback matters!
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.
When I eat breakfast time I feel vomit I doesn't eat too much properly and food can't able to digest I'm doing exercise but my weight not gain.
Sir, last year in my one testicle swelling occurred. After that my testicle got swollen. After decreasing swelling in my testicle. The size of that testicle is something large in comparison to second testicle. What to do. Is it any disease. Pls reply. I'm very worried abo ut that.
My son 16 years old is diaognised with jaundice. Kindly give tips regarding his diet and other dos donts please.
I am suffering from a block in the nose. Which I have been suffering from childhood. It always remains blocked. I have to take air from my mouth.
I had an unsafe sex with one of my female friends. 2009 to 2012. Then in 2016 I checked my STD in which all tests came negative.(only hsv1positive) I have never had oral sex. Okey but I accept that I have hsv 1. When I was reading about HSV on Google, I read too much about HPV. Since the last three months since I have read about HPV, I feel like I have an hpv. After that, my condition was very bad. I showed my skin specialist doctor, so my doctor said that After such a long time period, you do not need to worry anymore. But I do not believe in my doctor because the fear of HPV has penetrated in my body, it is not coming out either. So now my question is If I want to find out about HPV then how do I know because HPV does not even have a special test for men. 2009 to 2017 almost 9 years have passed but there is no sign of any kind in my body. I still have the possibility of being HPV?
I can not sleep properly these days and I don't know why. Depression maybe Please suggest me something for that ?
Diet during Acidity: –
Breakfast may consist of fresh fruit.
Lunch may consist of light-starchy vegetables like beet, carrot, cauliflower. Desserts and fruits may be added to this.
Home Remedies for Acidity:-
Raisins: - It has excess alkalinity, is helpful in maintaining the acid balance of the body.
Spinach: - Helpful in cleaning blood and preserving the alkalinity of the blood.
Tomatoes: - Increase alkalinity of the blood.
Avoid:- Tea, Coffee, Sugar, White flour, all products made with sugar and white flour, all refined foods, fried foods, pickles, alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco and carbonated beverages.