Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam NairYour feedback matters!
My teeth became yellow, and weak. I use many home remedy but noon useful. Please tell me what I do for white teeth. Please doctor.
I get frequent aphthous ulcer. What can be the reasons for this please help me is it very severe can it be fatal?
I am chewing tobacco for past 2 years I want to stop it because it damages my teeth but I can't is there any way to stop this habit.
I do take lot of care of about the oral hygiene by brushing and mouthwash. But still I experience bad breath. What I can do to avoid it?
I extracted my tooth a couple of days back. The dentist primarily went for a root canal treatment a week ago and found it not worthwhile and extracted my tooth. During those 5 days I have been taking antibiotic tablets. Is it necessary to have more after extraction.
Hi, I am a 29 years old female and have mouth ulcer for last 2 weeks. What should I do? Please Suggest.
Unlike other teeth which erupt at specific period of time, the wisdom teeth, in normal adults, erupt anytime from late teenage years to adulthood. The refined food habits in the recent times have reduced the need for a third molar. Also, our jaw sizes have reduced with evolution, and oftentimes, there is less space for these to erupt completely, causing their impaction. The chances of infection developing within the tooth and in the surrounding tissues is very high, requiring removal. Before you go ahead with removal, know the following four things.
- Get a buddy: In addition to the effects of anesthesia, there also would be moderate pain and discomfort, depending on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always best to have someone accompany you for the visit. This also helps you reach home safely without having to drive.
- Numb tongue and lips: The wisdom tooth removal is done under a local anesthesia where the entire quadrant is numbed before the procedure. Therefore, the chances of chewing on the tongue and the lip are quite high. Be careful to consciously avoid this as there are a lot of people who do not feel pain, but continue to chew on the tongue or lip and end up with injuries.
- Pain Management: Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, the pain will slowly set in, and will depend on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always advisable to take a pain killer before the anesthetic effect wears off, usually 30 to 40 minutes after the extraction process is over.
- Diet: For the first couple of days, stay on a completely soft diet with nothing spicy, hard, or hot to eat. One of the best things to have after an extraction is an ice cream, which can be continued for a couple of days after the extraction. Yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, mashed vegetables and well-cooked rice are all good food choices.
- Smoking: If you have had an extraction, avoid smoking for at least a week. The negative pressure created during smoking can dislodge the clot that is formed in the tooth socket. This can lead to a complication called dry socket, which can be very painful. Avoid smoking at all costs, especially with wisdom tooth extractions.
- Postoperative follow-up: Based on the complexity of the extraction, a postoperative follow-up would be required. Be prompt in following up with your dentist for suture removal, check on socket healing and postoperative irrigation of the surgical site. Resume routine oral hygiene practices as recommended by the doctor.
Wisdom tooth removal requires a little extra caution as compared to a normal extraction, the ideal thing to do is to follow your dentist’s advice.
My tooth braked into two pieces due to cavity .it has become full black in colour .it has spread to another teeth also little bit. What is solution for it doctor .please help.
Hi doctors, my dad was a smoker, so that his teeth is not in good color, is there any way to make my dads teeth whiten, now he quits smoking. Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
I consult good dentist and cleaned my teeth. He said I have some stomach problems thats why bad breath is coming can you pls say some tips to recover from it.
Hello sir, I have gum bleeding problem, so mujhe bataiya ki mai kya karoon ki isse nijat paa sakon sir/mam.
SO START GIVING SUVARNA PRASHAN TO YOUR KIDS TODAY! To now more details you can also contact us.
Hello sir I have some problem in my teeth in front of my teeth I have broken the teeth on my childhood so I want to keep an artificial teel? Is it possible.
One of the easiest steps to do to help your teeth keep clean. When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line. Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles. Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up and down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding. To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up an down motion. Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria, which might cause bad breath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.