Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shushant HandaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering front regular constipation and gas problem. I am patient of blood sugar since 2010. Kindly suggest me how do I get out of this issues.
Are dates can be consumed by patients having Diabetes mellitus type 2 and if yes then in how much quantity?
I am suffering from the problem of uric acid when it increases my hand becomes double in size and I feels so much pain in my hand. So what should I do to completely solve this problem and which types of food I should avoid.
My mother is having Hypothyroidism for about 12 years. She is taking Thyronorm 75mcg. Does taking this medicine cause any problems in future?
I have the problem in my all joint. Then I go to the hospital they are said me the problem is uric acid. What is uric acid?
hello sir. My hba1c 7.5. I daily 10 am take roti like jowar and wheat. 1 or 2. afternoon 1.30 pm. Lunch rice full. 9.30 pm. jowar roti 2. Small quantity curd rice. Occasionally take 90 ml alcohol. please say.?
I have a problem of thyroid and I have gone up my weight 72 - 73 kg, and I want loose weight. I am 28 years old And I feel very weakness and I always feel tired so pleas help me.
I am 64 years of age. There is no major disease. Tests reveal I am diabetic, have intruding out piles, weak eyesight and feel very worn out and tired. Please advice home treatment.
I am a 48 years old person I am suffer from uriq acid disease what is remedy for uric acid and locel docter says to me the kidney is not running in body that acid is oasse a damage part of body in storage the what is your opinion ?
Medicines taken by me ZORILM 0.5 mg for sugar two tablets daily. COSART H for B.P daily one tablet cartigen FB for Cholesterol daily one tablet GABADON 300 mg (Gabapentin) daily one Pantop 40 daily one. Supradyn daily one tab and long daily one tablet kindly advise sir.
I have leg pain under the knees not in joints for both legs. Recently i am gone for a complete medical checkup everything is perfectly ok but my uric acid range above normal ie 7.2 normal is 6. What kind of medicine can I use. Please help.
I am 35 age having diabetise last 2 year. Please tell me which treatment is good homopathy or alopathy ?
I am a 23 year old female. I have gained a lot of weight. My height is 154cm and my weight is 90 kgs. I have thyroid. I take thyroxine 75mg regularly. Yet there is no sign of reduction in my weight. What should I do?
At present 3 out of the 5 people are suffering from diabetes and it is the 7th leading cause of death worldwide. Moreover, it is no more restricted just to adults and affects children as well. Diabetes is a metabolic disease resulting in increase in the level of glucose in the body. Glucose is a source of energy for the cells making up the muscles and other tissues in the body. But if the level of glucose goes up, it shows the sign of danger. Diabetes is of 2 types:
- Type 1: Body fails to produce insulin.
- Type 2: Body fails to produce enough insulin which is required by the body.
There are no definite signs of diabetes. It simply varies from person to person. In many of the cases it goes unnoticed. Such signs are as follows:
- Sudden weight loss: You might experience a sudden weight loss of 5 to 10 kgs within a month. This happens when sugar metabolism ceases very quickly. Insufficient insulin prevents the body from taking in glucose in the body cells from the blood to use as energy. In such a scenario the body starts burning fat and muscle for energy. This results in weight loss.
- Intense hunger: The cells in your body might not get enough energy either due to absence or improper functioning of insulin in your blood. This makes you hungry quite often.
- Excessive urination and thirst: Due to diabetes, the glucose level in the body goes up. The kidneys are overloaded with the burden of working overtime for filtering and absorbing the excess glucose in your body. The excess sugar, which the kidney cannot store is excreted out of your body. This makes you urinate frequently. Due to frequent urination the body gets dehydrated which makes you feel thirsty more often.
- Blurred vision: Due to the high level of glucose in your body tissues gets pulled away from the lens of the eyes. This results in vision issues. If not treated on time, it may even lead to blindness.
- Increased fatigue: The cells in your body might not get enough energy either due to absence or improper functioning of insulin in your blood. This makes you restless more often and you may even feel too weak to do your regular activities.
If you notice any of these signs, get the level of sugar in your checked and take the required remedies. It is good to get it treated as early as possible rather than facing immense trouble in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.