Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shushant Handa
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shushant HandaYour feedback matters!
Doctor I having problems of diabetes so doctor tell me the solutions off what can I do daily basis from what can you eat or not not.
What is the perfect diet plan for me. I am a 19 year old guy with 58 kg weight and 156 cm height. I feels lack of calcium in my body so please suggest me some foods which contain calcium.
Tablet sulisent (Canagliflozin) should be taken totally empty stomach first thing in the morning or before breakfast. Before breakfast we normally eat some light things and take some Amla ,lemon juices.
I am a diabetic patient .please write do's ans do not also suggest what can I eat. Can.should I take bitter guard juice daily alao can I take carrot juice as fruit juices are harmful.
My legs are paining so much and its getting much paine in my foot, and I'm also a diabetic patient, in nights I used to move my legs for my pain its unbearable, how to overcome with this pain.
Hi! My dad is 63 years old. So this problem started last August, when we noticed that he is having some speech issue. It was like as if he is eating something and talking, when actually his mouth was completely empty. Then the frequency of this slurring increased in some weeks/months (can not recall). When we met our doctor, he advised to get an MRI done. On getting the MRI he concluded that it is because of diabetes and blood pressure that some muscles of the tongue are weak. Since november, my dad is controlling diabetes and blood pressure and has also lost 10 kgs (he was overweight, with strict diet and exercise he has lost 10 kgs and now weighs 80 kgs) So, the slurring problem increased and now its not slurring but lisping. We also noticed that his tongue is not able to touch the roof of the mouth. And there is always some burning sensation on some part of the tongue. We met a few renowned doctors but nothing was concluded. We met a neurologist, who recommended the following tests. MRI, diffused and contrast RNT THYROID ECHO ULTRASOUND OF THE NECK. All the above tests were normal. On meeting our neurologist the last time, he has given the following conclusions. He said - His tongue muscles are weak, And blood supply to the blood is not appropriate. And has given us some medicines. Although on his prescription he has written the following. D/d Multi infarct state e bulbar palsy Bulbar palsy onset AHC He has also written follow up to see for evolution/ evaluation of AHC disease. As you can see what he said and what he wrote was completely different. My question is I did my research on Ahc and bulbar palsy, yes it is very scary but some symptoms are not matching with the symptoms of Ahc and bulbar palsy. He also said - there is no test to conclude this disease, if nothing happens after having the given medicines. We will conclude that he is suffering from Ahc and bulbar palsy. Symptoms that differ His walking is perfect - daily walks for more than 7 kms His muscles are strong No problem with swallowing Please help me out in this.
Is tender coconut good for diabetic patient? Which vegetables and fruits should be avoided in diabetes.
Thyroid is one of an essential endocrine gland which secretes hormones, which are essential for regulating various body functions. A change in the level of thyroid hormones can affect body metabolism and cause many changes including weight, mood, temperature regulation, etc.
Features of Hypothyroidism:
• Caused by reduced amounts of thyroid hormone in circulation.
• Iodine deficiency and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (an autoimmune disorder) are the main causes of hypothyroidism.
• Symptoms include extreme fatigue, constipation, depression, intolerance to cold, puffiness of the face, weight gain, hoarseness of voice, increased cholesterol level, muscle aches, joint pains, and menstrual issues, are some of the common symptoms.
Homeopathy provides remedies which treat not just the above symptoms but the person as a whole.
Sepia Officinalis: Used when the patient presents with the following symptoms.
- Weak, slightly yellow appearance
- Tendency to faint, especially when in cold temperatures
- Extreme intolerance to cold, even in warm surroundings
- Increased irritability
- Hair loss
- Increased menstrual flow that occurs ahead of schedule
- Increased desire for pickles and acidic foodstuff
Calcarea Carbonica: This popular medicine is useful when patients present with the following symptoms.
- Fat, flabby, fair person
- Increased intolerance to cold
- Excessive sweating, especially in the head
- Aversion to fatty foods
- Peculiar food habits including craving for eggs, chalk, pencils, lime,
- Increased menstruation that is also prolonged and is associated with feet turning cold
Lycopodium Clavatum: Useful in patients who present with these symptoms:
- Physically weakened
- Increased irritability
- Excessive hair fall
- Face is pale yellow with blue circles around the eyes
- Craving for foods that are hot and sweet
- Acidity that is worse in the evenings
- Gastric issues including excessive flatulence
- Constipation with painful, hard, incomplete stooling
Graphites: Presenting symptoms where Graphites are mainly used include:
- Intolerance to cold
- Depressed emotionally, timid, indecisive, weeping, listening to music
- Bloated, gassy abdomen
- Chronic constipation with hard, painful stooling process
- Good appetite but lose weight quickly
- Tendency to eat at regular intervals
- Excessive warmth and need to stay in a cool environment
- Anxiety about present
- Excessive palpitations
Lachesis Mutus: These patient present with the following symptoms:
- Feeling extremely hot, so inability to wear tight clothes
- Generally sad with no inclination to do any work
- Tendency to stay aloof and alone
- Excessive talkativeness
- Women around menopausal age
These are commonly used remedies; however, a detailed discussion with your homoeopath is essential to zero in on the remedy that will work best for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.