Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shubra Agarwal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubra AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and have problem of hairfall. How can I prevent that. I have already tried different types of hair oils and shampoos but to no use.
I'm 22 years (female). I have thyroid. Suffering from hair fall and skin related problems. What to do?
I want to get rid of my lip pigmentation. My lips used to be light but now they aren't the same. They have become darker specially the upper lip. Please help.
I am loosing my hair day by day please help me to get back my hair please tell me what is the problem and how to get hair back and explain me sir.
Hair graying is an inevitable process that you cannot escape. It will strike you at some point in your lifetime. Graying hair was once believed to be a sign of aging process. But not anymore! In the last decade or two, there has been a U-turn in this trend. You will often come across young people, including teenagers, with gray hair. The pigment that mainly contributes to the natural hair color is Melanin. The absence of melanin is what triggers hair graying. Stress, certain medical conditions, genetics, and a host of other factors may interfere with the melanin production resulting in premature hair graying. As serious as the situation may sound, the following tips and remedies can go a long way to alleviate and slow down the premature graying of hair.
- Follow a healthy hair care routine: No matter how busy you are, you cannot afford to neglect your hair. The basic hair care routines can work wonders to arrest and slow down the premature hair graying. Indulge in a hot oil hair massage at least twice a week. Curry leaves not only promote hair growth but also prevent hair graying. You can boil few curry leaves in coconut oil and filter the mixture. Massage your hair and scalp with the healthy oil mixture (warm the mixture before use), keep it for 30-45 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Delete stress from your life: Stress, anxiety and depression can trigger a hormonal imbalance. As a result, there may be a significant decrease in melanin production with premature hair graying being an obvious consequence. There can be only one solution to the problem- keep yourself stress-free. In addition to this, make sure that you complete your full quota of sleep (at least 6-8). Nothing works more like a sound sleep to beat the stress.
- A healthy diet: Ensure that your diet is nutritionally balanced and enriched. Green leafy vegetables, berries, walnuts, meat, mushrooms (Reishi), oysters, almonds, eggs, walnuts, salmon, tuna, dairy products (cheese, butter) can go a long way to slow down the premature graying.
- For chocolate lovers, there is a reason to celebrate. Research suggest chocolates (a rich source of zinc) can elevate the production of melanin, thereby preventing your hair to gray untimely.
- Smoking can spell doom for your hair and is best left untouched.
- Indian Gooseberry or Amla, a rich source of Vitamin C is excellent for your hair. You can have the amla raw, drink its juice. Further, you may also use Amla powder in hair packs to slow down the graying process.
- Some people also benefit from homeopathy and homeopathic medicines such as Acid Phos, Lycopodium Clavatum, Lycopodium, and Phosphoricum Acidum, to name a few.