Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhangi PatilYour feedback matters!
My friend is suffering from geographical tongue. He has to suffered a lot. Now what should he do to minimize the bad effect.
The pain in my lower jaw is pulsating and I am feeling a bad taste and that part of my jaw has turned black.
I am suffering from sensitivity in teeth, used many toothpastes but I had no positive effect. What should I do?
I'm smoking cigarette. But before 15 days I stop smoking. My tongue seel area paining when I am taking anything inside my mouth. Something cough also coming.
Abhi 1 month pehle mera operation hua hai pet ka lekin ghar aane ke baad mere muh mai challe pad gaye hai or vitamin B ki Kami ho gayi hai or kabhi kabhi omit bhi ho reha hai challo ki vajah se mai kuch bhi kha nehi paa rahi hu please help me mujhe muh ke challo ke liye or vitamin B ki kami ke liye aachi se aachi davai ya salah dene ki kripa kare please meri umer 50 year hai or Mai ek housewife hu.
I am a 15 years old boy. My teeth are not aligned correctly. Putting a clip will help me? Please advise.
I am 30 years old. From few days I am facing toothache problem. For the same I consult to dentist she told me cavity problem is there & she removed cavity from my one teeth. From the very next days I feel a lot of pain in my other teeths also. Now from last 3 days I am taking pain killers for that. Please suggest me what to do. Little bit cold & cough is also there.
I am chewing tobacco products like pan Masala from last 4-5 years. Due to this my mouth is not opening properly. I can put only one finger inside my mouth. Is this problem can b solved and of it is then how much money will I be charged for complete treatment.
Mild Pain in the area where neck and jaw joins below the ear. Had cold and throat pain two days back. Now no throat pain. Only pain in that area. Kindly suggest any home remedies.
Dear Doctor, I am 21 years old,i am suffering for long days from bad odour from my mouth during speaking.Even though i am brushing properly and flossing the mouth after eating.I am still suffering from bad odour from my mouth.Still now i doesnt take any treatment.Please provide me a solution.
hello. I am 25years old, for past a month my two teeth's are bleeding, not always but yes now its frequent, with three. Actually if I am not wrong my gums are bleeding. I am not able to trust which doctor (dentist) should I consult. I am residing in Gurgaon. Kindly suggest me a doctor with less charges (consultation fees) or else suggest me medicine to intake. Thank you.
Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male and have problem when I brush my teeth, My gums bleed, can you please suggest me any medicine or checkups?
SO START GIVING SUVARNA PRASHAN TO YOUR KIDS TODAY! To now more details you can also contact us.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.