Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhada DeoskarYour feedback matters!
Hlo doctor, I want to know my ovulation day last periods cycle length is 33 days. Then when my fertility starts and which is my ovulation day. Pls, suggest dis is very important to me.
I have done sex with a married woman during her mc time without condom and ours fluids have been exchanged. Then aids is possible or not? And also both are healthy or infection free.
My wife missed her periods this month means her last period was on 15/03/16. And now she is pregnant. So my? Is. Is it safe to have sex for her.
Am I fat ? Am i underweight..? What's normal weight ?
These are a few questions that always keep crossing our mind and for a few it causes lot of stress. There is an easy way to measure your body fat sitting at home by simply following two simple steps that will help you find out if you are underweight, or in normal limits- or overweight.
The Body Mass Index is a measure of the body weight relative to height that is associated with body fat and health risk. The equation is: BMI = body weight in kilograms/height in meters squared.
For an example if your height is 5ft- 4" ( 164 cm) and weight is 58 kgs.
BMI = 58/ 1.64x 1.64= 21.5kg/m2
Normal BMI range is used globally is varied from the one used for Indians. According to WHO:
Less than 18.5 - Under weight
18.5-24.9 - Normal
25.0- 29.9- Overweight
30.0 and above- Obese
The following are common definitions of BMI thresholds (used for Indians):.
BMI limit for Indians is:
Less than 18.4 - Underweight,
18.5 - 22.9 - Normal
23 - 24.9 - Overweight
More than 25 - Obese
Another measure used to analyze your body fat is known as waist circumference.
Here by using a measuring tape you need to measure you waist circumference right in the center.
Waist circumference is 90 cm for Indian men and 80 cm for Indian women.
Waist- to- Hip Ratio:
Another simplest measure used to calculate fatness of the body is known as waist- to- hip ratio, a relationship between waist circumference and hip circumference. This can be easily done at home. Once you have known you waist circumference, find out your hip circumference. Divide your waist circumference by hip circumference; this would give you waist- to- hip- ratio.
Normal range for women- waist to hip ratio is 0.8 or less, if higher than 1.0 - it indicates you are overweight. Similarly for men if ratio is 0.9 or less then it is considered as safe, if higher than 1.0 it indicates you are overweight.
So know your weight and take best measures to keep it in limits.
If you have a higher BMI, waist circumference or a waist- to- hip ratio, it is best that you consult a nutrition expert to understand your dietary habits and recommend a suitable diet plan as per your needs. You can also visit the obesity clinic at Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon.
My friend is suffering from pain during her menstruation. Their is no alternative left than to take painkiller .She did sonography to diagnose but nothing comes out. What is the actual reason for it? How it can be completely cured?
Our bodies are around 60% water, give or take.
It is commonly recommended to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day (the 8*8 rule).
Although there is little science behind this specific rule, staying hydrated is important.
Water Helps to Maximize Physical Performance
If we do not stay hydrated, physical performance can suffer.
This is particularly important during intense exercise or high heat.
Dehydration can have a noticeable effect if you lose as little as 2% of your body's water content. However, it is not uncommon for athletes to lose up to 6-10% of their water weight via sweat .
This can lead to altered body temperature control, reduced motivation, increased fatigue and make exercise feel much more difficult, both physically and mentally .
Optimal hydration has been shown to prevent this from happening, and may even reduce the oxidative stress that occurs during high-intensity exercise. This is not surprising when you consider that muscle is about 80% water .
So, if you exercise intensely and tend to sweat, then staying hydrated can help you perform at your absolute best.
Is there any chances of normal delivery if Baby's head is not engaged. Today I am 39 weeks pregnant. I am 23 years old. This is my first pregnancy. I am not having any health issues. Baby head came down at 7th month itself. I am so worried. Please help me.
I have unprotected sex last to last week my cycle date is 23 of every month this month still I have not got periods please suggest me I ate, lots of papaya and boil eggs but no use.
Hi I am 28. I was standing near my son who is having dental x-ray. After 5 days my pregnancy test came positive. Please tell me does x-ray can do anything harm to my baby.
I had an unprotected sex with my wife on 4th day of her period. After a week I feel a little pain in my right testicle .I can't justify the pain it's just strain like feeling some times. Please help me out. Is this happening due to that unsafe intercourse or something else? Thank you in advance.
Rishis therefore organised the wisdom, which became the science of life, into three
Bodies of knowledge. Ayurveda deals mainly with the physical body, yoga deals
Mainly with the spirit, and tantra is mainly concerned with the mind. All three
Disciplines share the same philosophy; differing emphases cause their
Manifestations to differ. Ayurveda is most concerned with life's physical bases, and
Concentrates on inducing right relationship of body with mind ans spirit. Yoga
Controls body and mind to enable them to hormonize with spirit. Tantra uses the
Mind to seek to balance the demands of body and spirit.
I am 30 year old and got the abortion done on 8 Feb 2017. And bleed for 13 days again got surgical procedure done on 22 Feb 2017. It's 27 now and I am still bleeding with no energy Kindly help.
As many doctors suggest to avoid Albandazole during pregnancy, then what medicine should be used to treat infection. My wife is 7 months pregnant. She is feeling itchiness and smelling in her vagina also having small amount of yellow water discharge which creating infection (may be yeast infection). Kindly suggest medicine and treatment for this infection.
Japan had the biggest mortality turn around post the world War 2 era. But, it has consistently topped the global charts in terms of living a longer and healthy life as compared to people of other countries. Although there is no one reason for this, scientists believe that there is a host of factors which has helped Japan to achieve this feat.
- Vegetable intake: The Japanese, unlike the countries in the West, consume a lot of fresh vegetables, seaweed means, fermented soy, rice, and fish. It ensures adequate phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals. The eating habit surely adds the extra mileage as far as mortality is concerned.
- Different style of cooking: Typically, the preparation of Japanese cuisine involves a lot of steaming, fermenting, slow-cooking, pan-grilling and stir-frying. Apart from this, the Japanese prepare small dishes and have the habit of drinking a bowl of soup before every meal. When a small amount of all vegetables along with rice and fish is consumed daily, the body gets enough fibre.
- The tea culture: The tea drinking culture of Japan goes a long way in fighting diseases owing to its anti-bacterial properties. While coffee doesn’t harm our body, tea varieties such as matcha are far more useful for the body.
- Fresh Food: Japan is one of the few countries where people consume serious fresh food. Japanese are one of the fortunate ones who eat their food hours after production. The vast amount of arable land and not so big population helps the demand and supply to be in the balance. The fresh food helps the body to produce more energy and be active throughout the day.
- Smaller plates: Portion control and etiquette are a big part of the Japanese culture. They eat from small pots, use chopsticks, garnish their food lightly, serve food in small dishes etc. Japanese never eat until they are too full to walk. Typically, Japanese eat till they are 8 percent full. This helps in easy digestion and more agility.
- More body activity: Japanese love to commute in public transport. They get up, go to their nearest station, wait for the train, stand in the train and walk to their workplace from the station. Although there are an ample number of cars in the country using it is considered to be a luxury. Japanese also get a wake-up call for exercise every morning. This results in an increased level of energy, more focus at the workplace and better athleticism.
- Healthcare: Japanese have got a full proof healthcare from the year 1960. They visit their doctors more than a dozen times a year. This is 4 times as compared to their US counterpart. What’s fascinating is the fact that it costs the Japanese Government only 8 percent of the GDP. It goes without saying that Japanese get to know about any probable diseases that they might have well before any damage could happen. If you wish to discuss on any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hello doc i am planning for baby, last month on my 3rd of period I used ovaa-should, gynovite syrup but no response, so I have changed the gynecologist she gave me the tabs of T. Clofert/sphere (not understanding) 50 mg on use 3rd of period and T.Valest 2 mg tabs on use 8 day of period, my doubt is will be any side effects first I used other tabs now I'm using this, and after using this when I should start the intercourse my period is started on 20th of feb and today is my third day, and I'm using folic tabs from Jan. When is the right time to take this tabs will this tabs will be use of conceive please help me out. Thank you.
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus related problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.