Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti S JamadagniYour feedback matters!
Our baby is diagnosed with complete AVSD at 13 weeks. Is this curable or the only option is to terminate the baby. Please help.
First month completed of pregnancy my wife's vomiting are not stopping. Whichever she eats it comes out. Is this normal in these days or she has to take medicine.
On May the 24th she had her periods. OnJune the 14 th she started white discharge which continued for a month. She went to a gynecologist who gave something medicines and it stopped only for few days and then again started. Then stopped and she was all fine. Now before a week when she was intimate with her husband she bled so much that her bed sheet was all wet. Now she's afraid if it's cervical cancer. She's married for over 10 years now and has one child. Please please help us and guide. To let you know her periods are on time till now and this child was born through cesarean. Thanks you Regards.
Hi, 40 days ago my wife was delivered with (Cesarean) a beautiful baby girl. The problem is she suffered fully body itching on stomach as well as back and hand's during pregnancy. Now that's turned into black shades on above-mentioned places. Please suggest me to the medic for removing that black shades permanently. And need to know about which time to safe to doing sex in future for us.
I am 18 years old female. Height 5 .6.weight 60. I recently came to know that I have pcod. I am taking medicines from a month. Doctor said not to take sugar. But I love chocolates. I am not able to control my self without eating them. why shouldn't I eat chocolates n sugar. What should I eat n shoudnt eat. What r the problems with pcod. Will I face any prob during pregnancy. please give me clarity about all this.
Dear doctor, I have taken i-pill first time. For how many days my upcoming periods can be delay? Please give me your vice advice. thinking you.
Hi sir we had sex before 3 months from the starting month that girl has no problem with periods however this month period got stopped could you pls help me out with this how to conclude that she is pregnant ?
Ginger or adrak, a staple spice of Indian household today, originated in the south-east Asia more than 5000 years ago. Back then, it was considered a medicine for all ailments. It contains a compound known as 'gingerol' that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Ginger has been used to combat the common cold in addition to being a taste enhancer in food and tea. But little do we know about the gamut of health benefits that it provides.
Here are some amazing health benefits of this wonder spice:
1. Boosts immunity
It cleans the body's sewage system thereby preventing the accumulation of toxins. Cut ginger into small pieces and put into a bowl of water and then boil for 8-10 minutes. Drink this herbal solution for 3-4 times a day, relieving you of the irritating coughs in addition to boosting your immunity. If you do not like the taste of it, stir some honey or lemon into it.
2. Helps in weight loss
Ginger also helps in promoting weight loss. It activates the body's metabolism and hence leads to burning of fat. Heat a cup of water till it boils, now add a small piece of ginger and keep it covered for five minutes. You can add lemon juice to taste. Drink this before breakfast for reaping maximum benefits.
3. Regulates blood pressure
Ginger acts similar to blood pressure controlling pills. It blocks the flow of calcium into heart cells which lowers blood pressure. Drink ginger tea before breakfast instead of popping the prescription pill.
4. Helps clear acne
The ginger extract helps in purification of blood. Extract ginger juice and store it in a refrigerator. Mix 2 tablespoon of ginger juice along with 2 tablespoons of honey and consume every morning on an empty stomach. This helps you get rid of a pimple, acne, and other skin disorders.
5. Lowers cholesterol
Consuming 2-3 grams of dry ginger every day has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels. Consuming ginger activates an enzyme that increases body's use of cholesterol. It also protects a diabetic person's organs such as liver and kidneys.
6. Aids in digestion
A good stomach is the sign of good health. A common problem among the mass is indigestion. Ginger is helpful in battling indigestion. Peel and cut the ginger into small pieces. Soak these in honey in a bottle and keep in sunlight for 10 days. Consume 2-4 pieces every morning.
7. Cures nausea
Chewing raw ginger is effective in treating nausea. Wash and peel ginger before cutting into small pieces. Chew these pieces throughout the day. You can also grab some snacks containing ginger.
8. Eases muscle pain
Heavy weight lifting at the gym often leads to muscle pain the following days. The anti-inflammatory property, attributed to sesquiterpenes such as zingiberene present in ginger, helps in reducing exercise-induced muscle pain if taken consistently over a period of time. One teaspoon of dried ginger or 2 teaspoons of chopped ginger can be added to meals daily.
9. Relieves joint pain
The anti-inflammatory property of the ginger helps in fighting osteoarthritis- a condition of joint pain and stiffness. Applying ginger oil topically on the joints lowers the pain and also eliminates the necessity to pop pain killers.
It should be noted here that ginger should not be given to children under the age of 2 years. For children over 2 years, you should consult your doctor to determine the right dose. Adults should not consume more than 4 grams per day.
With so much to offer, ginger can safely be tagged as a superfood that you should make a part of your daily diet.
Masturbation, which has always been a taboo subject, is slowly gaining attention as an issue that can be discussed openly.
In fact, there are several myths associated with masturbation which have been long held. Let's debunk these myths first. The following ideas about masturbation are not only untrue, they are also misleading.
Myth #1: It causes weaknesses
Myth #2: It causes loss of energy
Myth #3: It leads to Impotence
Myth #4: It may induce problem in future sex life or causes guilt
Myth #5: It can cause Nightfall
So what is the truth?
People are beginning to understand that masturbation is not simply a superficial form of pleasuring the self, but an activity that can provide some benefits in terms of health and fitness as well.
Not only that, masturbation also helps men and especially women, learn more about their own sexual behavior, preferences, and desires. It helps them become more comfortable with their body and in tune with their own inner minds.
Here is how masturbation can lead to well-being
1. Masturbation as a process of stress relief: Pleasing oneself after a hectic and taxing day at work can reduce a lot of stress. The activity releases endorphins into the blood which helps to improve one's overall mood and helps the individual to relax. In the 21st century, this is indeed a great advantage where people are constantly under pressure from various areas of life.
2. Masturbation to strengthen the body: In case of women, masturbation makes the muscles of the pelvic floor stronger. Along with this, it decreases the likelihood of developing yeast infections in the vagina or surrounding areas. This improves bladder control and also improves sexual experiences. For men, masturbation helps to develop better resistance to prostate gland infections. It also helps to improve the health of the prostate. It also gives a boost to the immune system.
3. Masturbation also helps with PreMenstrual Syndrome: Most women go through a wide variety of PMS symptoms such as intense stomach cramping, mood fluctuation, anxiety, tension, and pain in the legs and the back. Masturbation has been found to ease these problems to a great extent.
4. Masturbation demystifies the concepts of sex and sexuality: In Indian society, discussing sex and sexuality is seen as taboo. Discussing these issues openly is regarded as immoral. This causes many people, especially young people, to have unclear ideas about their own bodies and bodily desires. This causes a lot of stress and anxiety in their minds. Masturbation helps them to come to terms with these issues by exploring their own bodies in a new way. This helps to promote well being by dismantling primitive ideas about sex and sexuality.
Related Tip: 8 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Masturbation
I am 62 yrs old, my wife 58 yrs old. My wife's uterus was removed five years back, as her periods did not stop (at age 52), on the suggestion of her doctor the uterus was removed. Till then (5 yrs back) we were having sex at least once a week. Now we are unable to have sex as my wife is afraid because the uterus is removed. A few months back we had sex once, but since my penis was small and did not become stiff we did not enjoy sex. In the meantime I used to masturbate a lot (at least 3 times a week). What should I do to make my penis become stiff and satisfy my wife. Is it good to have sex when the uterus is removed. Please reply. Thanks.
Hello doc , I had mifepristone 200 mg 2 pills on 18th and misoprostol 200 mp 2pills on 20th orally and 2pills vaginal and I puked after 15 mins if misoprostol ,i had heavy cramps and nauseous feeling ,bt very lil bleeding , now its 21st can I start the process again or should I go for d and c . Shes just 4 weeks and 4 days .now its 22nd and she is bleeding sometimes bt not heavily ,will there be any complications if it is an incomplete abortion.
My wife is afraid of having inter course, she is not allowing me near for that. Rest every thing is ok. Is there a way to do without her knowledge. Tried convincing for last three years, and took her for doctor consultation, it didn't work.
I am 21 years female. My periods will b irregular oftenly. Once I show to doctor n take tablets to fr periods it happens but once I complete the course n stop taking tablets my periods continue regularly only fr 2 to 3 months. And again it stops. What may b the reason. What should I do? Please suggest.
1. Acne or pimples (too many)
2. Blotchy (spotted or patches) skin
3. Dark spots on the skin commonly referred to liver spots
4. Overheating of the body & excessive sweating
5. Abdominal bloating pain or discomfort
6. Excessive abdominal fat or pot belly
7. A roll around the upper abdomen trouble digesting fatty foods 8. If your have gallbladder removed / operated
9. Acid reflux / heartburn / gerd
10. Unexplained weight gain & inability to lose weight even with calorie restriction
It can be mostly managed with some supplements.
My friend is not having periods before this she have it till 15th of every month this month it is 18 nd she is saying that she is going over weight.
I had unprotected sex with my husband on Nov 17th and I took postpone 72 on 18th. Then I got withdrawal bleeding Nov 24th to 26th. But my last periods date Nov 7th to 13th. Then I got periods on Dec 20th to 23th. This Jan I didn't get periods till now. When will I get my periods? Is any chance of pregnancy?
Diabetes often referred as diabetes mellitus is a metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar) either because insulin production is inadequate or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. There are three types of diabetes:
1. Type 1 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin. People usually develop type 1 before their 40 th year often in early adulthood or teenage years. It is nearly 10% of total diabetes
2. Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin for proper function, approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes of this type
3. Gestational diabetes: This type affects females during pregnancy, uncontrolled or undiagnosed gestational diabetes can raise the risk of complications during child birth