Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Radiologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shripad S. Nandurkar
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Treatment of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Shripad S. NandurkarYour feedback matters!
Please suggest. What does desiccated disc (L5-S1 ) mean? Is it serious? And what supplements should I take?
Breast cancer begins when the cells that are present in the breast start to go out of control. These cells generally form a tumor which can be seen on mammogram or one can feel it as a lump. The tumor is threatening if the cells can grow into the tissues that surround it or spread to other areas of the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in ladies. Here are a few methods with which you can prevent breast cancer-
- Keep your weight in check: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for everyone although, it is easy to tune it out since it is said so often. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active: Women who are physically active for almost or at least 30 minutes a day have a lower danger of breast cancer. Normal activity is additionally one of the ideal approaches to keep weight under control.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables and Avoid Too Much Alcohol: A balanced and healthy diet can bring down the danger of breast cancer. Attempt to eat a considerable measure of fruits and vegetables and keep liquor at moderate levels or lower. While moderate drinking can be useful for the heart in most grown-ups, even low levels of intake can build the danger of breast cancer. If you do not drink, don't feel you have to begin. In case you drink modestly, there is less risk.
- Try not to Smoke: Smokers and non-smokers alike know how undesirable smoking is. It brings down a person’s quality of life and expands the danger of heart and lung diseases, stroke, and no less than 15 types of cancer, including breast cancer. It additionally causes bad breath, awful teeth, and wrinkles.
- Breastfeed, If Possible: Breastfeeding for almost one year or more brings down the danger of breast cancer. It additionally has extraordinary medical advantages for the baby as well, especially in terms of immunity.
- Keep away from Birth Control Pills: Contraceptive pills have both dangers and advantages. In many cases, the more young a lady is, the lower the danger is. While ladies are taking birth control pills, they have more chances of falling prey to breast cancer as per various medical studies. This danger leaves rapidly in the wake of stopping the pill. The danger of stroke and heart attack is increased while on the pill, especially if the woman smokes. Long term use can likewise have essential advantages, such as bringing down the danger of ovarian cancer, colon tumor and uterine cancer and undesirable pregnancy. In case you are exceptionally worried about breast cancer, staying away from birth control pills is also an alternative to lower the risk.
My husband aged 29 is diagnosed with prolapsed intervertebral disc. Below is the extract from MRI REPORT: "Straightening of lumbar spine is seen. Visualized vertebral bodies appear normal in height, alignment and marrow signal intensity for age, with subtle focal fatty changes seen at places. Modic type II end plate changes with partial disc dessication changes in lower lumbar region manifesting as subtle loss of hyperintense signal on T2W images with mildly reduced intervertebral disc space at L5/S1 level. Broad based posterior and forminal disc bulge with posterocentral, right paramedian, foramina disc protrusion, annular tear is seen at L5/S1 level causing thecal sac indentation and mild focal canal stenosis with compression on bilateral exiting nerve roots (right > left). AP canal diameter is 10 mm. Now, the pain in his right leg is fine. But there is a continuous pinching in his lower back which pains while walking or sitting for more than 10 min. Can you tell me the best permanent treatments other than surgery as it has been 2 months he is resting at home. Though there is remarkable improvement but we want something permanent and more effective. Current medication involve neurobion forte, CCM, Lyrika 75 and warm heat belt therapy.
STROKE- Popularly known as "Brain Attack". It occurs due to sudden impairment of blood supply to a part of brain leading to acute neurological insult.
Stroke is an emergency. Know the signs of a stroke and Remember FAST.
F- Face Drooping - Ask the person to smile. See for any deviation/asymmetry of mouth. If YES..
A - Arm Weakness Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward? If YES..
S- Speech Difficulty Ask the person to speak, look for any slurring of speech. If YES..
T- Time is money , Call Ambulance/Rush to the hospital.
Other signs/ symptoms -
Sudden onset of numbness or weakness of the leg / arm.
Sudden confusion/ trouble seeing in one or both eyes, trouble walking, Chakker, loss of balance, severe headache / Loss of speech.
Be Aware, This can be STROKE.
Act FAST, Save LIFE and disability. Up to 80% of strokes are preventable
A set of cartilage discs present between the vertebrae, ensures that the spinal column can withstand the weight of the upper body. If these discs tear or get injured, the condition is commonly known as slipped disc. In medical terms the same condition is known as prolapsed intervertebral disc. Here is a look at the causes, symptoms and treatment for this painful condition.
Causes for Prolapsed Disc
Intervertebral cartilage discs undergo normal wear and tear with age. However, there are other underlying causes for a slipped disc.
- Sitting for prolonged period of time may lead to the disorder
- Repeatedly lifting weight in such a manner that all the pressure is exerted on the vertebrae may also lead to a prolapsed intervertebral disc. Example – Exercising with incorrect posture
- Alcohol consumption and smoking
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise
- Accidental trauma to the spinal region
- Diet not consisting of all the essential nutrition
- Family history of the same condition
Tweaking one’s lifestyle is generally enough to ensure that people are not affected by the condition.
Symptoms of prolapsed intervertebral disc
- Patients claim to feel pain radiating from their spinal region to the calves of their feet. This sciatic nerve may get compressed due to the disorder, leading to such a pain.
- Tingling sensation in the lower and upper back regions. This sensation may also spread to the arms and legs.
- Patients complain of a weakness or numbness in the buttock area, feet and legs.
Treatment for prolapsed intervertebral disc
- Limited activity is advised after diagnosis, but complete bed rest is not recommended.
- Ice packs should be applied at first. After the pain resides, heat should be applied on the region.
- Physical therapy and certain exercises are prescribed by the physician
- Anti inflammatory drugs can help control the condition and relieve some of the pain.
- Surgery is considered only if the condition does not subside after 4-6 weeks. However, such a surgery is risky and may cause permanent nerve damage.
If you feel that you are at risk of prolapsed intervertebral disc, consult a physician immediately. Follow the recommendations of the doctor, so that you do not have to go through the pain associated with the condition.
Dear sir /madam My recent whole spine MRI shows cervical discs are black colour less fluid which dehydrated and my ulnar nerve getting compression with numbness in little & ring finger Kindly suggest the best medicine for my problem Thanking in advance.
Hello, I have disk slip problem. I am taking the medicine of Evion Lc, gemcal, myosone plus, neurobion forte but I have a problem in liver and my period time is less. When I taken this medicine. please advice me for Some medicine. My age is 34.
I have slip discs problem since 4 month and serious pain in left leg. Now can not able to walk 500 mtr. Please suggest me what can I do?
In the CT chest scan they found ground glass opacities in lower libs of the both lungs. And the possibility are INFECTIVE ETIOLOGY/PNEUMONIA/pulmonary HEMORRHAGE. Is it leads to lung cancer?
The cancer which forms in the cells of the breasts is breast cancer. It is one of the most common forms of cancer to affect women after skin cancer. Support for breast cancer awareness and proper funding for research on the issue has ensured that proper awareness is created for getting it diagnosed properly and then carry out the treatment in an appropriate manner. Fortunately, due to the fact that people all around have become aware of how cancer occurs, what are symptoms which they should be aware of and then for the doctors, what should be the ideal way for exact diagnosis, so that they can treat patients and help them recover, survival rates have increased dramatically and thus number of deaths associated with it is on the decline.
Types of breast cancer
There are different types of Breast Cancer, some are more common than others. Some of the most common types are detailed below:
- Invasive ductal carcinoma: This type of breast cancer starts in a duct of the breast and grows into the tissue surrounding it. It is one of the most common forms of breast cancer. Around 80% of invasive breast cancers are invasive ductal carcinoma.
- Invasive lobular carcinoma: Invasive lobular carcinoma begins in the milk producing glands of the breast and spreads all around with time.
Now let’s take a look at some of the less common types of breast cancer:
- Mucinous carcinoma: The mucus producing cancer cells generally give rise to mucinous carcinoma.
- Inflammatory breast cancer: When a woman suffers from inflammatory breast cancer, the skin of the breast would appear red and she would feel warm. The changes occur because the cancer cells block the lymph vessels.
- Paget’s disease of the nipple: This type of cancer begins in the ducts of the breast, getting spread to the nipple and the region surrounding the nipple. Women affected by this type of cancer can easily notice crusting and reddish tinge around the nipple.
Signs & symptoms of breast cancer
After having looked at the different types of breast cancer, let us now come to the main topic of discussion, the signs and symptoms of breast cancer.
- The different signs and symptoms of breast cancer are discussed below:
- A change in size or shape of the breast
- A lump or if an area feels thicker in comparison to the rest of the breast, then it’s a clear indication of cancer.
- A woman could feel that there is chance of breast cancer, if the texture of the skin changes.
- There will be a reddish tinge or rash on the skin or the area around the nipple, to suggest that breast cancer is a possibility.
- If you realize that liquid is oozing out from the nipple, even without getting it squeezed, then that is also a clear symptom for cancer.
- If you feel that area either in the armpit or around the collarbone, is swollen, it’s a signal for breast cancer.