Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Shripad PujariYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from headache. Sometimes at morning mostly at afternoon it last for 1/2 hrs or 1 day. When pain starts eyes ball aches too. Is it migraine or sinus. Which doctor should I consult.
I am 56 years old working in railways as a design egineer. I am finding the symptoms of parkinsons. Can you suggest me right ayurvedic medicine.
Whenever I TAKE sleep ALONE MY FACE DOES NOT VIBRATE AND ALL WHENEVER I TAKE sleep WITH FRIENDS MY CHIN STARTS VIBRATING I DON'T KNOW WHY CAN I KNOW THE REASON.
My father is suffering from paralysis in right side. Due to which he is unable to speak although all other body parts are working but weakness is there. There are some blood clots in brain. Around 3 yrs have passed hv tried so many hospitals and doctors. But speech problem is not solving please help me is there any surgery or else so he can recover little bit.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. I am having an intense numbness and tingling in whole body. Bone and muscle pain in whole body even in jaws and mouth. But numbness and tingling is more. .increasing day by day. Whenever I sit for it became like current is running in both of my legs. My vitamin b 12 is 185pg/ml. My vitamin d is 114. My neck x ray shows c2 and c3 segmentation incomplete. Why this numbness and tingling is increasing. What may be the reason?
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Hi My grandfather had Parkinson's when he was 75. Unka kharab kharab ho gaya tha Woh maid ko ched dete the. I hope character kharab hona is not a symptom of Parkinson's I hope it is not necessary that all Parkinson's patient behave like my grandfather n Please give me a positive answer.
1. Mix a teaspoon of honey in a glass of celery juice and drink it every night before going to bed.
2. Grind some fried cumin (jeera) seeds to a fine powder and mix them with the pulp of a ripe banana. Eat this at night.
3. Add lettuce seeds in boiled water and drink.
4. Mix equal quantities of sesame (til) oil and bottle gourd juice (lauki) and massage this mixture on the scalp every night.
5. Consume salad of raw onions (pyaz) regularly.
6. Eat three cups of curd (dahi) every day.
7. Drink the milk extracted from poppy seeds every day at night after having dinner.
8. Drink a cup of milk with honey every day.
9. Take rose water (gulab jal), add one drop of ghee and rinse the eyes with that water at bed time.
10. For more tips and ayurvedic treatment you may consult me anytime.
11. Take a glass of warm milk and add some nutmeg (jayfal), cardamom (elaichi) and dried ginger (adrak) to it and consume it.
Wish you a good health.