Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shriniwas S. Bansal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shriniwas S. BansalYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. It's almost one year and 2 months since we got married and we are trying for baby for last six months, our sexual health are fine in terms of my erection and her periods etc But only thing is we are having intercourse only twice in a week, cos of our work timings Any tips for us to get a good news soon!
Hi, I'm having lower abdomen pain with white discharge every month but I don't have any problems with my periods it is regular and normal. With this often I'm having blood clots in my legs it will be greenish in colour not painful.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Sir mene meri girlfriend ke sath without protection intercourse ke baad I-pill di thi aur next day without protection fir se intercourse kiya tha toh kya vapas I-pill leni chahiye kya. Second time intercourse kiya tab menstrual cycle ka 7th day tha toh aaj I-pill vapas le ya nhi?
I have to do sex for the first time with my partner using condom will it be safe for her will she not become pregnant.
Hello doctor, meri 6 week pregnancy hai or baby ki hartbeet nahi bni hai Doctors mujhe abort ka suggetion de rahe hai To kya mujhe wait karna chahiye ya nahi Baby ki hartbeet kitne week tk bnne ki sambhavna hoti hai please give me suggetion.
I am 21 years old female diagnosed with PCOS I do not have regular periods. But after going off the pills I am getting pnly brown discharge around the days of my period but no flow or proper periods. What can I do I this case without going to a doctor?
Sir, I am trying to have a baby but when I do intercourse I did not wet so I have to use cream to enter my husband into my body. Plz advice that it really affect to become a pregant if I did not wet. Do I need to go to a dr ?
Dates were first discovered in 6000 BC in Iraq. Later it travelled throughout the world. Today, dates are found in over 30 varieties in a dry, soft and semi-dry state. This is one of the sweetest fruits found across the globe. They were first known to have healing power.
Later scientists discovered an array of benefits associated with this fruit. Following are the reasons you must eat them:
1. Cholesterol: Dates are known to be a good agent for reducing cholesterol. They have the ability to absorb LDL and increase the level of HDL in the body. Owing to their low fat quantity, they can be consumed in higher quantities without the apprehension of putting on weight.
2. Nervous System: Owing to its high potassium and low sodium content, dates are considered as a wonderful agent for balancing the nervous system. Potassium keeps the risk of heart attack at bay and helps to maintain a smooth blood flow.
3. Digestion: Dates are suggested to be soaked in water and consumed every day for better digestion. People suffering from constipation can get huge relief by consuming 2 dates empty stomach on a regular basis.
4. Weight gain: Dates are extremely flexible in nature. They can help to gain weight owing to their vitamin, sugar and protein content. Dates when consumed with cucumber help to keep weight at the normal level.
5. Improve skin: Dates have multiple good effects on the skin. This, vitamin C and D rich fruit can increase the elasticity and add a glow to your skin. Dates are also an anti-aging agent and do not let melanin accumulate inside the upper layer of the skin. People with dry skin can get it resolved with daily consumption of dates.
6. Bone health: Dates contain essential ingredients such as magnesium, iron, selenium, potassium and manganese. These are all vital components of the bone and joint health. Consuming 3-4 dates per day can ensure a healthy bone. People suffering from arthritis are sure to benefit from this fruit.
7. Hangover fixation: Dates are known to curb inebriation and cure hangover. In order to best use its effect, few dates need to be soaked in water overnight and the outer skin of the dates has to be peeled before consumption.
8. A rich source of vitamin: Dates are a rich source of a number of vitamins that are essential for the body. Apart from B1, B2, B3 and B5, they contain vitamin C and A1. Consuming 3 to 5 dates on a regular basis can not only increase the energy level of a person, but also maintain the overall vitamin rate of the body at the accepted level. Dates are pretty filling in nature owing to their glucose and fructose content. As such they can be consumed as part of the evening snack.
Acute paronychia - Painful and purulent condition; most frequently caused by staphylococci.
Chronic paronychia - Usually caused by a fungal infection
The image below depicts paronychia.
Classic presentation of paronychia, with erythema and pus surrounding the nail bed.
Signs and symptoms
Physical findings in acute paronychia include the following:
The affected area often appears erythematous and swollen
In more advanced cases, pus may collect under the skin of the lateral fold
If untreated, the infection can extend into the eponychium, in which case it is called eponychia
Further extension of the infection can lead to the involvement of both lateral folds as it tracks under the nail sulcus; this progression is called a runaround infection.
Physical findings in chronic paronychia include the following:
Swollen, erythematous, and tender nail folds without fluctuance are characteristic of chronic paronychia
Eventually, the nail plates become thickened and discolored, with pronounced transverse ridges
The cuticles and nail folds may separate from the nail plate, forming a space for the invasion of various microorganisms
The diagnosis of paronychia is based primarily on patient history and physical examination. Some laboratory studies, however, can be useful. These include the following:
Gram staining and/or culture - To help identify a bacterial cause of fluctuant paronychia.
Potassium hydroxide (KOH) 5% smears - To help diagnose fluctuant paronychia caused by a candidal infection
Treatment strategies for paronychia include the following:
If soft tissue swelling is present without fluctuance, the infection may resolve with warm soaks 3-4 times daily
Patients with extensive surrounding cellulitis or with a history of diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, or an immunocompromised state may benefit from a short course of antibiotics
If an abscess has developed, incision and drainage must be performed.