Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shriniwas Deshpande MsYour feedback matters!
I have a black patch on my back from childhood. The doctor at that time said that it's permanent and I can't do anything to remove it. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?
Hi I have skin problem Plus 1 month back I am getting Pita problem also pls suggest me good medicine. Thanks
What is skin needling and how does it work?
Skin needling is also called micro-needling therapy or collagen induction therapy. It is a minimally-invasive non-surgical and nonablative procedure for facial rejuvenation that involves the use of a micro-needling device to create controlled skin injury.
As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound. The controlled injury triggers the body to fill these micro-wounds by producing new collagen and elastin in the papillary dermis. In addition, new capillaries are formed. This neovascularisation and neocollagenesis following treatment leads to reduction of scars and skin rejuvenation, i.e., improved skin texture, firmness and hydration.
What is skin needling used for?
Skin needling is effectively used for:
Reducing scars (including hypertrophic scars) caused by acne, surgery or thermal burns
Fading stretch marks
Reducing fine lines and deep wrinkles
Dyspigmentation e.g in melasma
Tightening sagging skin.
Benefits of skin needling
Reduced risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring therefore safe on ethnic or dark skin.
Suitable for thin and sensitive skin
The treatment can be performed in an office setting and does not need any extensive special training or expensive instruments.
The procedure is well tolerated and well accepted by the patients,
It is cost-effective, and can be done on areas of skin not suitable for peeling or laser resurfacing, such as near eyes.
As opposed to ablative laser resurfacing, the epidermis remains intact and is not damaged. For this reason, the operation can be safely repeated if needed.
Treatment does not result in a line of demarcation between treated and untreated skin, as usually occurs with other resurfacing procedures. This allows for specific areas of scarring to be treated without the need to “blend” or “feather” at the treatment edges.
The patient can resume regular activities within a few days, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles. Treatment options like laser resurfacing or dermabrasion are often associated with considerable morbidity and downtime from daily activities of the patient in the post-treatment period.
What is the skin needling procedure like?
The procedure is well tolerated. It takes a few minutes up to an hour to complete, depending on the area to be treated and the severity of the problem.
No lotions, makeup or other topical products are applied on the treatment area on the day of the procedure.
The medical professional then applies a numbing cream (topical) on the treatment area or injects local anaesthetic.
The skin is punctured in a specific pattern using a skin needling device. The device is rolled over the skin multiple times for best results.
As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound stimulating skin cell regeneration.
Depending on the condition treated it may take 5-60 minutes to complete the procedure.
A minimum of 4 weeks is recommended between two treatments as it takes that long for new natural collagen to form.
Skin needling is well tolerated by patients but dryness, scaling, redness and swelling may be seen after treatment, lasting for 1/2 days or longer, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
Sun protection for several weeks is recommended.
In the case of acne scars, after the skin needling procedure, the face should be cleaned with a gentle cleanser before bed. The next day, the face may be cleansed and makeup, lotions and other topical products applied as usual.
As the microholes close quickly, postoperative wound infection is rare.
Emollients or antibiotic creams may be prescribed, if considered necessary.
Rejuvenation of skin may be seen as soon as 2 weeks and as long as 6-8 months after the medical procedure.
Burn scars are slow to respond. It can take up to 6 months to 1 year to see the final results from a single treatment.
For More Information n Appointment plz Call .8087031949
Urticaria or hives are red, raised lesions that occur anywhere on the body, usually around the trunk, hands and legs. They appear as small round rings or large patches that changes shape, may itch and be surrounded by a red flare. They can be acute or chronic, with acute almost always being an allergic reaction. It is often due to unknown causes, ranging from chronic irritation to parasitic infection to temperatures to water types.
Homeopathy treats diseases as a whole, and similarly, when treating urticaria tries to identify associated symptoms and thereby treat the cause also. After a detailed discussion about predisposition and associated symptoms, a customized remedy will be prescribed, which may include one of the following common homeopathic remedies.
- Apis Mell: The hives consist of isolated patches that are painful, tender, itch at night, feel like bee stings, become purple. There is burning pain, slight fever, and warmth of the surrounding skin. It is worsened by changing weather and exercise, causing severe itching and burning. The patient may already have asthma.
- Arsenic Album: The urticaria is caused by eating shellfish and causes burning and restlessness. The condition gets worse being at the seaside and by getting into sea water. Arsenic is also useful to treat urticarial symptoms during the recession of the lesions. The person also could be down emotionally with depression, despair, indifference and irritability. If the lesions are more severe, the restlessness is also severe. It is worse after midnight, from 1 to 2 a.m.
- Rhus toxicodendron: Prepared from the leaves and bark of the plant poison ivy, Rhus works on multiple body systems including skin, joints, eyes, extremities, and overall vitality. In addition to urticaria, it is also used in cellulitis, arthritis, fevers, etc. It is effective if the urticaria has a burning sensation, inflamed reddened rash that is worsened by cold and improved by warmth.
- Urtica urens: Made from a plant called stinging nettle, which itself has a tendency to produce urticaria, it is used when there is urticaria from bee stings or after eating shellfish. The lesions are red with severe burning and itching, recurring every year, could be associated with weather changes.
- Natrum Muriaticum: The common salt sodium chloride is potentized, and its inner healing power activated. It is used for chronic urticaria, where the lesions develop after severe irritation.
- Dulcamara: The lesions develop followed a general prickly sensation setting in and at night when it is cold and damp. The hives are irregular white patches surrounded by a red area that itch badly. The hives are associated with violent cough, swelling of the lymph nodes, fever, restlessness, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste, and intense aching in pit of stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.