Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikrishna N MaratheYour feedback matters!
I came Pune this August nd after 2 to 3 weeks I am suffering from itching problem. And now itching problem is increasing day by day more and more so plzz help me what should I do.
Normally you shed 50 to 100 hair stands all day but hair grows back all the time to cover for this loss. If you shed more than this then it may be a cause for worry. Hair fall can occur because of many factors and shampoo is one of them. Here's how:
- Ammonium chloride: Many shampoos that do not contain sodium chloride usually use surfactants like ammonium chloride. This can also have a similar effect as its sodium chloride counterpart, as it leads to various symptoms like itching and dryness in the scalp.
- Formaldehyde: This substance has disinfectant-like qualities which can cause a lot of damage to the dna. Excessive and constant use can lead to indiscriminate hair loss due to the harsh properties of this substance. It is generally a low-cost option that can be used as a preservative in shampoos and conditioners.
- Sulfate: Sodium lauryl sulfate or sls, and ammonium lauryl sulfate or als, are surfactants that are usually used by shampoo manufacturers to create extra foam which makes for a luxurious, yet harmful wash. This is usually the case with cheap shampoos. These substances are irritants that can cause hair loss in patches.
- Sodium chloride: Your standard table salt is also one of the culprits that can lead to a lot of hair loss. Many popular shampoos and conditioners contain this substance which can make the scalp itchy and dry. This leads to hair fall.
- Polyethylene glycol: This substance is used as a thickening agent that can take the moisture away from the hair and lead to severe hair loss. The use of alcohol and greasers in shampoos can also have a similar effect on the hair.
Sir my brother is suffering from ringworm. So, which medicine is required and which type of food have to be take?
Today I am just 19 years old but my all black hairs turns into white coloured. I am taking medicine last 6 months but I have not found any result. Now what I am doing with it I just do not know. please help me?
I am 18 years old but my hair is so white. I used hair treatment but no changes my hair. So please answer the my question what I am doing to my hair is black?
Hi Doctor. I am having chickenpox and this is my seven th day slowly the color of the blister getting changed. So please suggest me how to get mark free skin as soon as possible?
Hi. My name is ritu das (female. 34 yrs) lm suffering from severe dandruff n hair fall problem frm last few months. please suggest me sme remedies 4 this.
I have a huge amount of hairfall. Hair usually fall with a bulb like structure. What steps can I take to prevent it?
Hi. I m 48yrs, male with a controlled diabetic. Basically, I hv dry skin and my foot is always feeling dry. How do i keep it fresh always with soft foot. Any suggestions, pls...
Sir, since last 14 months I suffering from ringworm, I taken treatment with terbinafine lotion & itraconazole capsule 100 mg twice a day for 2 months, its cured but after 15 days it appear again with many body parts and big patches again treated with terbinafine 150 mg tab for 8 weeks but same problem persists again it cured but appear again & again. I'am harassed now please give me the way.
Hello, I'm a 25 age girl, my hair's falling much from 1year. What is the reason for this, tell me the solution plz.
Armpit is getting dark why. She doesn't shave even doesn't use deodorants. My mom's armpit doesn't sweat's.
I am suffering from dandruff and hair fall. Please suggest me how to control dandruff and hair fall ?
Lybrate | Dr. Priya Darshini speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY