Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shrikant Mhaskar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant MhaskarYour feedback matters!
My age is 30,@25 I was suffering from piles 2nd degree, had bleeding problem along with muscular spots out side the anus. I took medicine for a month and bleeding was stop but" masse" were there. Due to which I had no problem. Now from last week again bleeding problem occurs, what should I do, any tablet to stop the bleeding. Having no pain, just bleeding and muscle spots. Please advise. Thank you.
Sir, I am 47 years old man and I have been suffering with urinary problem. I under went three time kidney operation due stone formation in Jan 2011, Mar 2-11 & November 2014. I have consulted the Urology as well as Nephrology doctors. After the second time operation my urine problem was started. My problem is that" after having water full of my urinary blader started with a feeling of small pain which is clinching to do urine and also feeling burning while passing urine.
I am 23 year old female I have too much pee problem and have some pain in my lower tummy and usually I drink 5-6 litre of water in a day as I am also going gym. So am I suffering from any problem due to too much toilet?
Hi doctor, I have anal fissure. Kindly tell me what food should be taken and avoided. Need some home remedy to heal it.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Recently I am on steroid medicines, for illness BELL'S PALSY. Its been 13 days from the treatment started. TODAY I HAD BLOOD drops coming out along with urine pass out, please indicate what does this mean?
What are the functions of the kidney?
The kidneys filter waste and excess fluid from the blood. As kidneys fail, the waste accumulates in the body. The two most important enzymes, which kidney makes are erythropoietin & renin. Erythropoietin are made by the kidneys if there is less oxygen in the blood. It tells the bone marrow to make more red blood cells. So this means there will be more oxygen carried in the blood.
Renin is made by the kidney if there is low blood pressure, low volume of blood, or too low salts in the blood Renin make the blood vessels smaller and tells the adrenal gland to make aldosterone. It also makes a person feel thirsty and all of this makes the blood pressure go up. Since Kidney plays a very important role in the overall functioning of the body, it’s very important to take care of its health.
Let’s have a look on various kind of kidney disease including the one which are chronic:
- Kidney stones
- Kidney Infections
- Congenital Kidney disease
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Hypertensive Nephropathy
Now what is Chronic Kidney Disease?
Chronic kidney disease include conditions that damage your kidneys and decrease their ability to keep healthy by doing the jobs listed, if it gets worse, wastes can build to high levels in the blood and make person sick.
What causes chronic kidney disease?
The two main causes of chronic kidney disease are diabetes & high blood pressure which are responsible for up to two third of the cases. Other conditions that affect the kidney are:
1. A group of diseases that cause inflammation and damage to the kidney’s filtering unit.
2. Inherited disease such as poly cystic kidney disease.
3. Malformation that occur as a baby develop in mother’s womb.
4. Lupus and other disease that affect the body’s immune system.
5. Repeated urinary infections.
What are the symptoms of chronic kidney disease?
1. Feel more tired and have less energy
2. Have trouble concentrating
3. Poor appetite
4. Trouble sleeping
5. Muscle cramping at night
6. Swollen feet and ankles
7. Puffiness around the eyes especially in the morning
8. Dry itchy skin
9. Need to urinate more often, especially at night.
In case of the similar symptoms one needs to get it diagnosed and connect with the physician for good care and treatment. Stay Healthy!