Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shrikant Gadkari
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant GadkariYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, am Padmini here 28 years old am having severe joints pain and also severe knee pain am an osteopenia patient. What supplements I have to take to strengthen my bones. Thank you Padmini.
I met with an accident 6 months ago in which I had severe knee injury. Doctors confirmed that there is no fracture or ligament tear, but they suspect a meniscus tear in the right knee. I have been going through medication including vitamin supplements like depura 60k, for the past six months. Is it safe and advisable to start doing exercises to strengthen my knee. Will this help to cure my knee? And by exercises I mean jogging, sit-ups, lunges etc. I would like to have some advice!
Hello Sir/Madam, I am having very severe pain in my tailbone. I am not able to carry out daily tasks easily. It pains very much. What can I do?
Hello, I am Sheela Sehrawat, I am a dietician in Mentor diet clinic. We are here since 11 years and treating therapeutic patients in a healthy manner.
Aaj kal ap dekhoge ki Arthritis ki kaafi problem aarhi hai specially after 35 years of age. Arthritis patients ke lie sabse bada issue hota hai weight. Jese jese aap weight reduce karna shuru dete ho wese he apke knees pe pressure padna kam hojata hai. Islie zaruri hai ki aap weight reduce karne ke sath sath aap kuch aur cheezein bhi include kar sakte ho, jese ki aap roughage include kar sakte ho.
- Roughage me aap more of vegetables, more of salad jese ki brocolli, spinish etc use karoge to that will be more beneficial.
- Fruits me agar aap kuch cheeze jese ki apple cider vinegar, cherries, strawberry etc add kroge to apko arthritis me bohot help milegi. Daily routine me ye fruits apko bohot help karenge.
- Green tea bhi include kar sakte ho, it is a good source of anti oxidants jo ki apko pain me bhi relief dega.
- Garlic is really helpful in arthritis. U should try to include atleast 1-2 pieces of garlic in your routine diet, specially in the morning. It is really helpful.
- Fish, soya, tofu are rich source of protein, which should be included in diet.
So, ye the kuch tips which would be helpful for arthritis patients. For more information, you can contact me through Lybrate, where you can call us, you can text us and you can book an appointment as well.
I am 36 years old and am suffering from rheumatic arthritis along with thyroid and 230 cholesterol. I had been taking ayurvedic medicines. Now I am doing yoga only. I am a teacher by profession and am presently having severe joint pains. My left hand swells often and I am unable to do heavy work with my left hand. Kindly give me your opinion and suggestions.
Foot arch pain is used in broader context for describing pain in bones, ligaments, muscles and nerve on the foot bottom. Slight damage to any of the components in the foot bottom can cause great pain. For starters, the pain lasts for a brief period, but increases over time if the condition is left untreated. Foot arch pain is more commonly witnessed in people over the age of 60 and among athletes engaged in sports of high impact.
The treatment plan of the pain totally depends on the cause. An early and right diagnosis goes a long way in treating the condition faster. For occasional mild to moderate pain, simple solutions such as footwear change can do the trick. Doctors often suggest four simple methods. This starts with rest followed by applying ice and then trying compression and elevation.
Anti-inflammatory medications are used to treat foot arch pain. Cases that are severe in nature can be treated with steroid and anti-inflammatory injections. For extreme cases, cortisol injections are prescribed too. This is done to relieve pain and release plantar fascia. Even stretching exercises are known to give relief from the pain. Some of the recommended exercises during this period are:
- Stretch-related to plantar fascia: This exercise should be performed by crossing the legs at the junction of the knee. The body weight should be rested on the unaffected leg and it should gradually come down to touch the toe. The idea is to stretch the plantar fascia. A set of 20 such movements should be practised on a daily basis. Each movement should last for about 10 seconds.
- Foot flexing: This exercise can be practised before getting out of bed. This is the tie when the pain from the plantar fascia is felt the most. This exercise should be repeated 20 times each lasting for about 10 seconds.
- Rolling stretch: This exercise should be started by sitting in a chair. A tennis ball should be placed under the foot arch and the same should be rolled back and forth for ten times at a time. The same should be repeated with the second foot. Once this posture gets comfortable, the same should be practised by standing on the ball. It is known to be extremely useful for people suffering from foot arch pain.
How to prevent foot arch pain?
1. Wear shoes that are half an inch lose as they will make feel comfortable while walking
2. Losing weight; obese tends to cause pain in the foot arch
3. Performing free hand exercise and simple stretching on a daily basis
4. Not to overuse the foot. People who stand for more than 5-6 hours at stretch on a daily basis are observed to have foot arch pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 59 female with a knee problem and overweight. How can I reduce my weight what exercises are recommended. Can I use the treadmill considering my knee problem.
Hi, I'm suffering from joint pain and body pain last 25 days. But no fever. I take paracetamol 500 mg day/night regularly. If I mistake to tske paracetamol one day the problem doing again. What can I do.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.