Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ss
Submit a review for Dt. SsYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old diabetic patient. Can I consume 3 boiled eggs and half liter milk everyday. After my gym workouts. Please advise.
Please suggest some stuff that are high in protein and low in carbs. Also suggest whether the supplements are good for health or not'
Sir, my question is when we ate meal then what time we will don't drink the water. Without meal how many time will required?
Helo doctor, I have a very serious issue that making me weaker day by day and also with low confidence. Actually I have a bad habit of doing masturbation and I have been doing it for more than 10 years and my age is only 25. I just want to leave it because after doing it mentally and physically I feel weak. After doing this I am not be able to concentrate on work, feel very low confidence. Please guide me. What should I do or don't.
I am 18 years old I want to know that is their any side effects of whey protien supplement or good for my health and also with Creatine which whey is good isolate or concentrate.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are the procedure to reduce weight in the body. The various types of surgeries that come under this category are -
- Gastric bypass - The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Mini Gastric bypass - A newly, effective and shorter duration procedure like Gastric Bypass and also give similar result like Gastric Bypass.
- Adjustable Gastric band - This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy - In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size which cause an overall reduction in a number of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked to reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch - This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
Complications Various complications may result from this surgery such as
- May cause infections in the body
- Clots may form in the blood
- It can result in bowel problems
- Ulcers can form in the stomach
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!