Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Shreepad DeodharYour feedback matters!
I get caught by Cold and Cough every now and then. And mostly the Sneezes. Back to Back Sneezes are pain for me. What might be the Cause? Can you help me out here?
I am 24 years old. I'm suffering from back pain. I also masturbate. Is it due to that? what should I do?
Hi doctor, its for my mother. Actually she is suffering from back-pain and the doctors advised to take belt. And we still using the belt, but my mother still has the pain. So what else should we do? please help us?
Good morning Sir I have a ligament tear on my right hand shoulder I took MRI scan. I have consulted a doctor he told that it is a partial tear and he advised me to take rest for 3 months and he gave some medicines but after 2 months I started playing badminton it is paining now. U can please give me any medicines for this.
I am suffering from mild fever and body pain continuous every alternate day and not able to sleep properly. Please advise.
My grandma age is around 65. She is diabetes patient. Sudden she has knee pain. And that is continues. My grandfather has same problem also. Can you please suggest any massager or ointment that they can use daily. Please.
I am 65 years female. I am suffering from knee pain in both knees. Even steroid injection has not totally removed pain.
My mom complains of pain and swelling in foot since 2 months. She tried everything like warm and cold packs, medicine etc but did not relieved. Her age is 40 yrs. Plzz advice something.
Dear sir I have pain in my legs from last 6 days. I can't walk continues 1 to 2 km. Kindly suggest what should I do.
I am 39 year facing swelling in in my both legs ankle from last 6 month, when I get up in the morning the swelling is comparatively lesser than day/evening. When I stand / walk I got pain and swelling in the frontside of joint-part of foot & leg portion (front side of ankle). Using the homeopath medicines like -led pol-200/1d -aprs mrel-200/1d -hydro cotyle-q -------------------------- -urpica urels-q -------------------------- -calc carb 200/1d -hydro cortyle- q -eosilop tab I continues this medicine from last 2 months, it's little bit changes in my selling but not effectively. So, I request you to pl. Suggest me what I can do?
I have pain in my legs the pain comes when I run so please help me out And my foot arch is also not gud.
My 5 year son has found DMD in all test so what is tertment in DMD(dusion mascular distrofi) so give me some advice what can i do for him?
I am having pain in my right hand since 1 week and is unable to close my wrist or carry anything with this hand. Even when I try to close my hand forcefully the veins starts stretching which causes pain. If this hand is kept folded even for a minute it starts getting numb.
Sir/mam my right hand shoulder muscle breaks before 3 months the pain in shoulder wil be now ok but there will be a sound in shoulder when I stretched towards up side what to do now?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
During a football match in a sloppy and rainy pitch I got hurt on my right foot very badly. How can I get cured? Should I get an xray first and then consult?
If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, you may be at a high risk of developing Carpal tunnel syndrome. This is a very painful condition in which the hands and wrists are affected. The Carpal tunnel refers to a structure which is formed by the bones present in the wrist and the surrounding connective tissues, through which the nerves and tendons controlling the thumb movement pass. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the connective tissues get swollen because of inflammation and the nerves passing through the tunnel are crowded and squeezed.
Ways to get relief from Carpal tunnel syndrome:
Here are some common ways by which a patient with Rheumatoid arthritis can get relief from any discomfort caused due to Carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Get your Rheumatoid arthritis treated. Carpal tunnel syndrome is commonly caused because of an underlying sickness such as rheumatoid arthritis. Medicines such as disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs are used to manage the condition and for reducing inflammation which causes carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Getting enough rest is also very important. You must avoid using that hand or wrist, which has been affected for some weeks. This will allow the inflamed tissue to heal.
- You may wear a wrist splinter. A splint is suggested for resting your wrist therefore, it is kept in a neutral position. It can be worn during the day or when you are sleeping.
- You can take prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for pain relief. These also help in reducing the swelling of tissues within the carpal tunnel.
- A Cortisone shot may also be effective for easing the carpal tunnel syndrome. These steroid injections are given directly into the carpal tunnel. You will be able to get temporary relief from pain.
- A set of Carpal tunnel exercises have been developed by doctors. These are designed for stretching the wrists and for keeping them limber. You must perform these exercises on a regular basis for best results. Yoga is also effective for easing carpal tunnel syndrome. Performing regular yoga will help you to improve your wrist pain. The upper joints of the body are strengthened.
- Take breaks at work on a regular basis. By changing your position and taking short breaks, your Carpal tunnel symptoms are bound to improve. This is more essential for people who do a job where great stress is placed on the wrists. If you are into typing, you need to take breaks and stretch your wrists.
There are several alternative therapies for easing carpal tunnel syndrome, which are being studied and researched on. They include the likes of acupuncture, chiropractic care, magnets, botox treatments and vitamin B6 supplements.
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees.
Related Tip: Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain?