Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ShivsagarYour feedback matters!
I am 34 year old Male. And am feel shoulder join pain from both a side and I took a treatment yesterday. I feel better today. But little bit pain in left shoulder under joining place.
I am suffering with back bone pain I used lot of medicines no use please tell me which type of medicines will cure this back bone pain?
I am 70 years old. Since last few days my knees r paining. Now a days not allowing me even to walk a little distance. Can you advise a good remedy.
I am having a pain over the joints and knee as I never fall over knee then also it is paining from last three weeks.
I have leg pain I am a sports person from last six days I have leg pain in right leg. What should I do?
Is there any risk if rod is removed from thigh. Before 1 year the rod was inserted because thigh bone was fractured. And in how many weeks a person recover after removal of rod and start proper walking.
My aunt is diagnosed with diaphragm elevated issue and hence has breathing issue. Doctor is saying, she need to wear mask through out her life. She has rheumatoid arthritis and since she is not able to hold her breath while in sleeping position, doctor is not able to take CT scan. Could someone help. Me how serious is this diaphragm issue and is there a way to take CT scan, as she is not able to hold her breath even for sometime.
If I can sit slightly back I got pain in the colon area for one year. So I went colonoscopy and all tests. Normal only. I have spondylitis for 15 years but evything under control. Even I dont have piles also. Wht I have to do dr. Sitting only problem.
I am a sports person, when I start up some physical exercise I have always pain in my right ankle. Please advise.
My left knee due to chip (last year) fracture on my left foot aches I am a yoga freak, can I do the surya namaskar?
My father has knee problem and back pain since last years 5 or 6 years he consult with so many doctors and they tell him that he is having joint gap so tel me what should he do yo get relief.
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.