Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivkrishna V DivateYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, my question is that Amway nutrilite hair skin and nails supplement is good for me actually my hair is getting thin and dark circles appear under eyes I heard a lot about this supplement and Amway nutrilite daily tablets was also good may be should I go for Amway and which supplement you suggest me and for how many days I take these supplement please suggest and reply thank you.
Hello, I am 16 years old. I have stomachache from three days, thought it will be Ok, but still it's the same, what to do? Please help me?
Sir in my both kidneys 4.2, 4.1 mm stone are present give me some suggestions about it. It is painful.
I m 24 year old. N my weight is 55. Is there any measures to become tall other than exercise coz tat I m doin daily?
I am 25 years old, female. I have dry scalp as well as hairfall. I am using well clear scalp shampoo and well hydrate mask. I use olive oil once a week and wash my hair twice a week. Kindly suggest me an effective shampoo for reducing my hairfall and enhance hair growth.
I'm raju. My age is 22 years but my weight is only 43 kg. I can not eat normally. So what should I do for get more weight ? I'm not satisfied with my weight.
Hair transplant surgery is the technique wherein, hair is taken out from other parts of your body and grafted on the scalp to treat baldness. Basically, these are such hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding; therefore, they serve as a permanent treatment for hair loss.
Hair loss in men and women:
- Male pattern baldness (Androgenic alopecia): Androgenic alopecia is a condition which is characterized by a gradual receding hairline, especially along the temples. This is caused due to the testosterone hormone being converted into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes shrinking of the hair follicles. If you are affected by male pattern baldness, then you may opt for a hair transplant surgery.
- Female pattern baldness: Females may also be affected by baldness which is characterized by loss of hair from the top of the head and gradual thinning of hair. It may lead to self-esteem issues; so opting for a hair transplant surgery is recommended.
Popular Hair Loss Treatments:
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): FUE is a hair transplant procedure, in which the hair transplant physicians extract each hair follicle directly from the scalp. It is done randomly and it results in lower density of hair in the donor area which is not noticeable in most cases.
- Pain Management: In FUE, stitches are unnecessary and there is no existence of any linear scar, so healing time is short and there is almost non-existent post procedural discomfort.
- Scarring: There is no linear scarring as such in FUE but there are 1mm in diameter or less puncture marks which heal by themselves within 3 to 7 days.
Follicular Unit Transplant - Follicular Unit Transplant or FUT is the procedure of transplanting your hair by removal of a small strip of tissue from the back of your head. Hair follicles are extracted from there for further use. FUT is recommended in cases of advanced hair loss. FUT also recommended as in most cases, your physician will be able to deliver results which meet your expectations.
- Pain Management: FUT procedure can cause some pain as swelling may occur in the region from where the tissue has been extracted. Suitable medication can be prescribed by your physician in case the pain persists.
- Scarring: Opting for a FUT procedure results in a very thin linear scar in the donor region. The scar is very much concealable as it is visible only if you opt for the shortest haircut styles.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.