Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. ShivaramYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from social anxiety disorder. I got to know it some 3 years back. But I forgot about it from time to time. But now I can not take it out of my mind. I feel anxiety while using my hands for doing something specially holding cup of tea. I rehearse things in mind before doing and fail in mind and in real also. I saw a doctor one month ago. He prescribed me Ciplar LA 40mg. That helped a little for a few days but again it is not working. I have started doing yoga and meditation for a month but not much success yet.
I am face to zero degree mind how can I come out my mind is fully aware of that but not project anything .what I am doing totally there I not happy and I am not sad .also I am fell nothing I am. Sir advice me any problems my mind or normal Regards
I got less marks in exam. I am very much depressed. My friends got more marks than me. Please help. I will wait for your reply. Please reply as soon as possible.
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life. Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain-stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am a 29 year old woman n I am in a relation with a very good guy but my family does not want to accept him as my husband and because of this reason I am very much stressed out from few days. Please suggest what to do.
Hi doctor. I am suffering from anxiety disorder. Public speaking phobia. Can you help me out to overcome this disorder.
How can I control mastrubation or is it good for health. How many times a dady I can do it. Am 21 years old my weight is 70-75 height 6 ft. I smoke 2 cigarettes a day. Please give me some advisable points doctor.
Hi, i am in depression since 4 yerars, most of the time I think about suicide i am hopeless from life.
My brother imagine a story and he is telling tht this story is real nd day by day telling a new story his brain is not stable so wat 2 do
Hi, I am a 22 year old female. I over think and stress myself about negative things. I get irritated very easily and frustrated soon. I sometimes feel I'm antisocial because I I start hating people all of a sudden for ex. While riding and stuck in traffic get irritated and shout at people. I cannot control my anger. Please advise what can I do to reduce my anxiety and frustration.
Stress happens when the demands placed on you are too much and cause a burden on you, for example, work, school or relationships surpass your capacity or ability to adapt. Sometimes stress can be a little beneficial in the form of a support that gives the drive to some people to get their work done on time and meet due dates and deadline. However, an extraordinary measure of stress can create health and well-being issues. They can lead to problems in cardiovascular and central nervous systems and take a serious emotional problem.
Untreated and chronic stress can bring about serious health conditions including tension, sleeping disorder, muscle pain, hypertension and a weak immune system. Stress can fuel other diseases and disorders, for example, heart diseases, depression and obesity most of the times. By discovering positive, healthy and solid ways to oversee stress as it happens, a significant number of these negative wellbeing outcomes can be decreased. Here are five effective ways to manage stress:
- Take a break from the stress: It might appear to be hard to divert yourself from a major work schedule. However, when you give yourself consent to step away from it, you let yourself have sufficient energy to accomplish something else, which can help you have another viewpoint or practice methods to feel less stressed. It is critical not to ignore the stress factor. However, even twenty minutes to yourself is useful.
- Workout: Exercise benefits your emotions and brain along with your body. We continue finding out about the long term advantages of a normal exercise schedule. In any case, even a ten or fifteen-minute walk, run, swim or yoga session during an unpleasant time can give a quick impact that can keep you going for a few hours.
- Laugh and try to stay happy: Our brains are interconnected with our feelings and outward appearances. When individuals are stressed, its shows up on their face. So laughter can alleviate some of that pressure and enhance the circumstance.
- Get social backing: Try to call a friend or send an email to someone regarding your problems. When you impart your worries or sentiments to someone else, it helps calm the stress. In any case, it is critical that the individual whom you converse with is somebody whom you trust and someone who can understand and accept you. In case that your family is the stressor, for instance, it may not ease your stress in which case, you may need a friend.
- Meditate: Meditation and prayer can help the brain and body to unwind and concentrate properly. It can help people see new points of view, create self-sympathy and forgiveness. While practising meditation, individuals can discharge feelings that may have been bringing about physical pain. Much like a workout, research has demonstrated that practising meditation can prove to be very helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.