Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivaram
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. ShivaramYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have a big problem of nervous. At a normal time. I feel normal. But. At any public place I feel nervous. Nd increased heartbeat, and whole body trembled. Also feel some problem of speaking. Before that time it was not at all. Plzz suggest what to do.
In my chest so much cough all time. I do not know why ? Because I am smoke very much. What can I do for this? Please advice.
1. Before marriage his family only told us about diabetes and depression disorder out of which depression disorder has lessened. After marriage and after observing him I asked him why he was taking so many medicines. He says he has high blood pressure, cholesterol , he takes a medicine for blood thining, uric acid and prostrate problem. 2. Upon further observation, I found out that he has anxiety disorder and still has depression disorder, he lacks emotions, feelings, he always things about his satisfaction i.e. in a word self centered, has problem in facing reality, not able to talk to others apart from people he knows. When I asked his parents about all these issues they vehemently opposed the above things and started blaming me. But when they saw things are going out of control and might get worse as I have said all the above things to my parents also, his mother out of fear admitted a bit about anxiety and depression. Though both his mother and father started covering up of his illness and said that his illness are controlled as he is taking medicines and he can lead a normal life and even he told the same thing. 3. Now about finances ? I come from a middle class family and during marriage I (as was working earlier before marriage) and my family both have spend money for the marriage purpose and now after marriage I do not have work as I shifted to a different city. The said things they now it very well but still what I have observed is he too wants that if we go for an outing or so he wants that I spend money on one way and also spend money on my personal expenses. 4. Dependence ? Though he is able to depend on me as I am capable to doing most of the things but on the other hand he is not able to do much because of various difficulties and also things just like his mother and father does everything for him, I being a wife too shall do everything as his parents does for him. His mother too said that they wanted a strong personality wife. Now according to me, every father and mother wants a strong personality wife for their son, but what afterwards I understood upon probing them is as he is weak and not able to handle everything. Now my question is why was all the above things which I found out was not discussed earlier before marriage as they told us about diabetes so after marriage too I did not make any issues about it. His mother says they got less time before marriage to say so but his mother used to write long long emails to me and my family about various issues related before marriage, why she did not write an email and could have told us about the problems her son has. She had time to write long long emails related to marriage but did not had time to explain about her son?s condition.
How I can increase my weight? and I wanna boost my mind power ability to remember things for long time?
Sir I have recently shifted to surat first I was in mumbai I only use to be with friends and my family is in surat and now I do not have my freedom as I come from a orthodox family I am stressed out a lot because of which I am facing many issues an I have become completely alone I have a bf but he is also least concerned now n I can not get him out of my mind an I have put on weight in a week I put on 2 kg n it seems my body is not responding to me at all my life is not that happening the way it was.
Hello doctors, I'm 19 year old guy. I am very lack of confidence because of my one sided inverted nipple I can't go for swimming with my friends as they ask me why your one side nipple is inverted. Its not from my childhood. Please tell and suggest me why my one nipple is gone invert. Please help me, because I can't go to doctor because of hesitation and some financial crises.
What is chromophobia? How many of world population is suffering from this one? Is this genetically happen?
Addiction of smoking. What should I do to get out of it? past 3-4 years I am addicted to smoking. So what will I do?
Dear doctor we have a patient of schizophrenia having auditory hallucinations and is under medication. She is 35 and is taking alkepin 200 mg. We have come to know about DHA derivatives of clozapine (clozaprexine) which is considered to be highly safe and with high bioavailability. You are requested to kindly help us by informing availability of clozaprexine in India. We will be highly obliged and thankful to you.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental illness. A patient suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. It is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. Patients suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone. They fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life.
It usually starts affecting the patient's life from early adulthood. It however seems to improve with age. The patient also has distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder:
The signs of suffering from BPD are listed below:
- Intense and frantic effort to avoid abandonment or loneliness
- Unstable relationships with people and changing the attitude towards them drastically. It can change from being in immense love with each other to intense hatred.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings-The patient often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis.
- Suicidal feelings and attempts
- Tendency to cause self harm or destruction by drug abuse, driving irresponsibly or be having unprotected sex
- Reflecting intense depression
- Chronic boredom
- Sudden anger and hostility
Causes for Borderline Personality Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder can be caused due to multiple reasons. Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to patients who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the patient's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Diagnosis: There is no particular clinical test that can diagnose BPD. It can be diagnosed by a series of interactive session with the patient by a psychiatrist.
Treatment: The treatment of BPD involves three steps- psychotherapy, medications and support from peer and family. Dialectical Behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy are used in treating the patient. There are no specific medicines to cure identity crisis, boredom and loneliness. However, other symptoms like mood swings, depression and anxiety can be treated with anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. Antipsychotic drugs are also helpful to a certain extent. In extreme cases, hospitalization may be needed.