Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. ShivaramYour feedback matters!
How can I get rid of stress, strain and pressure that had been repeatedly creating a problem for my mind.
I am a regular smoker, now i am unable to run and facing breathing problems. How can I control smoking.
2. Child parental issues. Due to nuclear families.
3. Inter personal relations, wife and husband.
4. Pre divorce or post divorce.
5. Sexual doubts.
6. Feeling loneliness or depression.
By phone call or video conference, by consulting at stress management lab or clinic.
There are people who feel lonely but are alone and there are those who choose to be alone but are not necessarily alone, i. E. Surrounded by people. So what make us feel lonely? is it just isolation from social life or one can be lonely in the midst of all social activities? today psychologist Shivani sadhoo answers some of the interesting facts and mind factors behind being alone and being lonely.
First understand, loneliness is a universal human emotion, yet it is both a complex and unique to each individual. It is commonly described as a state of solitude or being alone but in reality, loneliness is a state of mind. This state of mind causes people to feel empty, alone and unwanted. People who are lonely often crave human contact, but their state of mind makes it more difficult to form connections with other people. Loneliness as per psychological definition is not necessarily about staying living physically alone, instead, it is the perception of being alone and isolated that matters the most.
For example, a newly joined office employee, who has difficulty in making friends and making himself/herself noticed, might feel lonely despite being surrounded by hundreds of office mates. Similarly, if a girl or a boy finds it difficult to express his/her pain, fears, feelings through verbal expressions, i. E. By talking, he/she might feel alone among a group of friends who would be all talking about themselves and would consider this person to have no trouble in life.
Loneliness has a wide range of negative effects on both physical and mental health. Some of the health risks associated with loneliness includes:
- cardiovascular diseases and strokes
- depression and suicide,
- alcoholism and smoking,
- progression of Alzheimer's disease
Generally, it's very difficult to recognize if someone feels lonely and sometimes even the sufferer doesn't recognize for the whole life that he/she was lonely deep inside.
One can cure loneliness:-
- by first identifying themselves that they suffer from loneliness.
- by realizing themselves that loneliness is a hazardous condition and they should fix it.
- if the person suffers from difficulties to express themselves to others, lacks effective communication skills, feels shy and stressed in social gathering then its advisable to take a help from experts like a mental health professional or a psychologist.
Could petril beta 10 be stopped gradually once anxiety disorder is cured? Or is the tablet is addictive?
How to get rid of stress due to worry about future. i am an engg student and worried whether I will get a job.
My friend have a habbit of smoking. How to make him quit smoking. Is it possible to make a chain smoker a non smoker?
I am getting unwanted scary dreams. How to avoid it .eg: Ball hitting ma face, plane crash etc. More negative thinking. Not able to concentrate in my studies. Then masturbate every alternative days. Can not control ma feeling.
Is there any medication for quitting smoking. I really want to give up but am failing. Smoke 20-30 cigarettes per day along with rajnigandha pan masala. The cigarette is classic ultra milds. Have been smoking for the past 15 years.
I have high estradiol 46.78 pg/ml above the reference range of 0-39. 8pg/ml. Does such level of estradiol in men causes depression and anxiety in men. My age is 26.
Dear doctor, need. Your help and advise pls, my son is going to be 8 years by coming Feb, and.studying in 2nd class. He has Serious problem in standing, he doesn't concentrate on studies and has memory loss problem, he forgets the subject very next day, and very casual in studying and. Writing and some times he gets good Marks and appreciation as well, could not understand him, am totally worried about his studies and future, thought of sharing my concern and worries, sorry if am asking a wrong question.
My father has bad habit of chewing tobacco and it is not good for his health. How can I help him to stop chewing tobacco? Is there any medicine? His health is getting weak now days.
Which medicine is better for depression for long term use? Escitalopram (Nexito 10 mg) or amisulpride 50 mg. Pls give advise.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.