Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shivalaxmi KurtkotiYour feedback matters!
I am a 24 years old female suffering from PCOD. I don't get my periods for months together, and at times when I get it goes on for more than a month until I take a tablet eg. Pause prescribed by my Gynaec. I was previously never sexually involved, but now I am. And I have noticed that every time after sex I bleed, irrespective of whether I am in periods or not. Now I don't understand whether it's just mere coincidence or is it related. So my question is why is this happening? Is it normal to bleed every time? Or should I visit a Gynaec? Because I don't understand how can sex be bad for health. But at the same time I am worried and want to understand what is good/bad for my body. Please advise.
My wife's MC is not regular, she is now 26 years old and when it come the heavy pain. What should she do?
My girl frnd days that she dint get her periods still. She must be getting it by 12th it seems. Please advice.
My lover gets regular periods every month but whenever we have sex, she has irregular periods. Why does this problem occur and how to get rid of this?
My sister has thyroid problem. She is pregnant .how much time she take medicine. This time doctor prescribed ELTROXIN 50 mcg.
Hi. M planning for a baby from last year but unable to conceive. I have a pcod with regular cycle. Doc recommended clomiphene from last 4 cycles and m taking glyciphage 850 twice daily and ecosprin 75 mg. Pls suggest what should I do. Also I have undergone for tube test and both tubes are open. Nd my husband sperm count is 50 percent active.
I am 19. Hd sex with my bf on 12th july. I took unwanted 72 within an hour after it. Laat month I had my periods on 23rd june. Not having any brown discharge. Am I pregnant ? If not then when am I supposed to get periods ? I checked through pregnancy kit it came negative on 16th july. Still not confirm. please help me out.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
Approximately fifty herbs are used to prepare this classical oil mentioned in bhaishjya ratnawali - a prestigious testimony in ayurvedic world.
This oil not only enhances sex power but also used in vata ailments, diseases of uterus and epilepsy, mania, mental weakness and also sharpens memory brain power.
It's a potent nervine tonic.
This is named as shrigopal tel. Various companies may have slightly variable manufacturing procedures which gives variable degree of results for different problems.
Before using it is better to get advise and instructions from a qualified vaidya i. E. Ayurveda specialist.
I think I'm pregnant, I'm not sure about it but I'm actually having these symptoms, like pelvic pain, nausea, headaches , fatigues, frequent urination, it has been 22 days since my last periods , is there any chance if abortion medically and if there is how can it be done.
Me and my boyfriend had protected intercourse but I not getting periods. I think I am pregnant as my dates are over and I am still not getting my periods. I am not ready for baby yet. Are there any natural ways to abort as I am not interested in taking medicines. Please help me I am very worried.
I am 26 years old and I have pcos. I am confused about my diet. Inspite of walking and exercise I am not satisfied with my weight loss. Is there any medication or diet following that I can have regular periods.
Im in my 33rd week of pregnancy. Vaginal discharge has increased in the 3rd trimester especially after I walk or exercise. Is this normal? Does vaginal discharge increase after activity? What kind of discharge is abnormal?
How to avoid severe menses pain after marriage without pain killer because I got married on sep but last month I am taking pain killer during menses time. Will it affect pregnancy? IS THAT THE REASON THAT I AM NOT GETTING PREGNANT YET. Please help.
5 surprising foods a health conscious person should never eat
Most people are aware that they need to avoid the usual starch or gluten rich foods, like bread, burgers or noodles. What most people fail to see is that some foods that are supposedly healthy end up doing more harm than good. If you do want to have a healthy diet, you have to forgo the following convenient foods that appear healthy.
The box of muesli that you bought thinking that it is healthy has around 500 calories per serving! additional sugar is what makes most commercially available muesli palatable. You might as well eat a plain doughnut if you are going to consume the amount of calories that each serving of muesli offers.
2. Energy bars
Many people mistakenly feel that energy bars fall under health food. In reality, energy bars are loaded with processed soy along with high quantities of sugar and salt. While being processed the soy loses most of its nutritional values and ends up producing a chemical called hexane. Hexane is highly controversial since in certain doses it is a neurotoxin.
3. Light yoghurt
The selling point of light yoghurt is that it cuts down on the calorie content of the yoghurt. What most people fail to see is that when the calories are stripped from the yoghurt it does not remain flavourful. To make it palatable, artificial flavours are added. These additional chemicals negate the point of opting for light yoghurt in the first place.
Unless you are making your own salad you cannot be certain of how healthy it is. When you buy a pre-packed salad or order salads at restaurants you are not exactly ordering healthy. To enhance the taste of the salads a lot of unhealthy additions, especially in the form of dressings, are made which exterminate the whole point of having a salad in the first place.
5. Store-bought smoothies
You might be putting in nothing but the right fruits and vegetables into your homemade smoothie. Do not expect the store bought ones to be the same. To enhance the flavours, a lot of additional elements go into the product. Some smoothies that you buy can even have up to 1000 calories which you unknowingly intake.
If you do want to have a healthy diet and include these foods then it is best to prepare them at home. Keep track of what you are eating without blindly trusting the labels on the boxes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.