Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiv Shankar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shiv ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hi, Ab kal se leke mere guptang k uper k sir wale hisse pr laal ho gaya h or ander ki chamdi bhi laal ho gayi h kya yai bhi allergy k karan hui h.
Hi. I am getting some ringworm shaped rings on my thighs. I doesn't itch much but to my knowledge it's not ringworm. It happened then I applied some cream it got super dry and flaky and now more rings have appeared.
I am getting white patches on my face like powdered stuff after shower. They will go away after an hour or so. I went to dermatologist for that he said it's due to dry skin and suggested MM Moiz lotion. Even though I am using it from 2 years, no result. Can you suggest some alternate or can I continue the same.
Here are Cause, Symptoms and Treatments of Vitiligo
Hello, I am Dr. Shailnder Dhawan from Kayakalp from Faridabad, today we will be discussing about Vitiligo which is Leucoderma. This is a very important issue that the society is facing these days and I have chalked down a few points that we will be discussing today.
The first most important point is what is Vitiligo?
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease and a long term skin condition. It is characterized by patches on the skin that lose pigment, like the way toxins arise from blood, they go in the body and attack the skin and this leads to the formation of white patches. This is also known as a genetic disorder which is born out of stressful conditions, it is viewed as a taboo in society.
There are many causes for Vitiligo, according to modern theory it is a genetic disease and cab trigger due to a stressful condition but in Ayurveda we have got many new replies to the question as to what can trigger Vitiligo. According to Ayurveda, certain food items like milk if taken along with any pickle, lemon or radish can trigger Vitiligo. The other point I will be making is what are the treatment options? This is very important, as one you get a disease, you should know how to cure it. In Allopathy we have got external applications for the pigments. In Homeopathy, healing is a slow process since the patches might increase or decrease. In Ayurveda we have got a very good reply to this disease, the medicines given to the patient in this treatment acts directly on the toxins in the blood that are responsible for the white patches, which further neutralizes the toxins and the external application helps to generate the pigment, hence within 3 months we get very good results to this disease, especially for those with black hair.
The combination of Allopathy and Ayurveda also gives very good results. Another point is, that what are the expected results, if the hair follicles are black then within three months, 25%-30% recovery is possible and if the patient is having white hair, the recovery period is a little bit slow. Finger tips and lips are difficult areas to be treated, in case of a marriageable case, we can have a surgical procedure along with some other options. Vitiligo is not only a skin disease, it affects other organs also like Thyroid amongst others. So, in most of the case, almost 30% patients, we are observing that most patients are having a thyroid involvement in this disease. So we guide our patients to have a liver function test along with thyroid profile. Genetic is huge issue in patients, so most patients ask if this disease will be carried forward to their children. The answer to this is , that in our medical practice we have observed that 2-3% of the patients that have Vitiligo who have a genetic history are also having genetic problems.
So if you want then you can contact me via Lybrate, you can discuss things, you can send photographs to me via Whatsapp or you can visit the clinic. Thank you
Having so many acne from last 1mnth tried BPO gel honey mask multani powder turmeric paste almost everything Taken pills isothermal tretinoin cream but its getting more worst. Tell me some natural thing that I can use and my face can become normal. Plzz help.
Can you recommended a cream or some thing to stop the itchiness also there is on my cheek area a dark spot an it spreading only on both cheeks. My skin get very irritated when hot and my neck area become dark an my skin become discolor a radish. Please. And causes Virginian watt or growth around the lip area. Thanking you in advances.
I am male 26 my hand or you can say fingers skin is like a old person very dull and loose skin I have specially on the thought space what can I do please help me.
How to fair my baby skin. He is 7 month old, We massage sarsav oil. But his skin is normal, how to fair.
Our skin requires proper care from time to time, and therefore it is essential to implement the right steps at the right time. Peels are useful assets for polishing and bringing life to our skin. In today’s age, it becomes difficult to maintain the tone and texture of the skin. So, peels help in making this successful in the best ways.
Here are some of the notable and effective advantages of peel treatment.
- Cleansing your skin: Are you tired of dull skin? Then it’s time to opt for a peel treatment. There are different types of peel treatment which lead to excellent results for the skin tone and texture. It helps in cleansing the skin especially the facial skin. It works deep through the facial skin successfully thus leading to much improved and clean skin.
- Works well for acne: Acne is one of the most commonly occurring skin problems in the recent times. It leads to a severe change in the looks of the facial skin. Acne results in deposition of the dirt in the clogged pores when not treated for an extended period. Various peel treatments help in bringing out the dirt from the pores, thus clearing the areas affected by acne.
- Radiant skin: Peel treatments are useful in creating radiant skin just after the procedure. If you are struggling with bringing that glow to your facial skin, then peel treatments work best for almost every type of skin. After the peel treatment, you will be able to see the change in your skin with grace and appreciate the results immediately.
- Revive your skin: Daily exposure to sun damages the sensitive skin after a certain period. This leads to the necessity to bring back that tone and texture of your skin. Peel treatments are effective in reviving the quality of the skin. So, if you are planning to opt for some new type of skin treatment in the sooner time then make sure that you try peel treatments for reviving back your precious facial skin.
- Can cure wrinkled skin: With age, all of us tend to get wrinkles, and these are most prominent on the facial part of the skin. In order to prevent any adverse effects of aging on the looks of the individual, wrinkles can be cured with the help of peel treatment. So, opt for the best peel treatments to get rid of the wrinkled skin.
Thus, if you are looking for some of the fine solutions for improvement of the facial skin then make sure that you choose for the peel treatments. These are some of the advantageous features of the peel treatments which fetch the desired results for the skin.