Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shishir JoshiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from high fever since two weeks and there is to much of cough doctors are unable to help me out please can anyone help me to suggest what to do?
Having body aches for a week now. Thought it will go away with rest. But it didn't. What should I do.
I am 22 I have donated blood once and going to donate it again today what are measures to be taken before and after blood donation? As the 1st time I gave I suffered from fever after a few days.
I am 47yrs. Old, recently before 3months I have gone through angioplasty, my question is that how it will take for complete recovery I mean running, swimming playing games cycling etc. And how long I have to take the medicines. One more important question I'm having erectile dysfunction problem, before it was due to high blood pressure which was above 250, but now the blood pressure is 120/80 than also am not having erection and losing interest in sex, please help, will be very grateful. Right now I'm in muscat but after two days I will be in India permanently.
I am 25 year female and am facing some issues in my right ear. I can't hear properly. I have fever throat pain and coughing. What should i do?
Today I saw that I have an erection problem. I have no idea why this happened may be this is because of asthma or smoking or masturbation. Can you pls suggest me the best medicine and from where can I order? I Do not want any problem in my sex life. Pls suggest me something but no side effects. Also pls share phone number so that I can order. Thanks!
An overactive bladder is a condition that is characterized by a problem in the bladder storage function; a problem that eggs one on to urinate frequently. This condition can cause problems in your social and work life. You may isolate yourself from others and feel embarrassed about the situation.
If you have an overactive bladder, you may exhibit symptoms of frequent urination, involuntary leakage of urine and frequent urge to urinate. These symptoms might disrupt your daily life; so it is important to seek advice from a medical practitioner.
To better understand what causes an overactive bladder, you need to know how the urination process works. Urine is produced by the kidneys, which flows to the bladder. During urination, the urine is excreted from an opening in the bladder and flows out via the urethra. As the kidneys secrete urine, the bladder starts to fill up. During this stage, nerve signals are sent to the brain; signals that trigger your body to urinate. The bladder muscles tighten that pushes the urine out of the body.
An overactive bladder results from the involuntarily contraction of the bladder, which might happen even if the content of urine in the bladder is low. These contractions create the urge to urinate. The various causes of an overactive bladder are:
- Excessive fluid intake, if your fluid intake is high, then you may have the tendency to urinate frequently.
- Presence of tumors or stones in the bladder can make the bladder overactive as well.
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption has the same effect as an excessive intake of fluids has.
- Urinary tract infections may interfere with the entire process of urination, thus causing your bladder to swell up and become overactive.
- Other diseases and conditions such as constipation and an enlarged prostate can hamper bladder functioning.
There are multiple approaches to treat an overactive bladder; your doctor may use one or a combination of multiple methods.
- Medications: Medications such as Trospium and Tolterodine help in relaxing the bladder. These medications help treat symptoms of frequent urination.
- Bladder injections: Botox is a protein that is injected into the bladder that causes partial paralysis of the bladder muscles. This helps in treating the constant urge to urinate. However, its effects are temporary as they last for 6-9 months.
- Lifestyle modifications: Certain lifestyle modifications such as incorporating exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles, maintaining optimal weight levels and bladder training to control its functioning can help with managing an overactive bladder.
- Surgery: If the other treatments do not produce the desired results, then surgery is usually recommended. The aim of the surgery is to enhance the storage capacity of the bladder and reduce bladder pressure.