Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Shirish BhaveYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor I face the migrane daily since 2010 I used to much medicine and checked the different doctors but all in vain. Please guide me.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I am suffering from back bone pain, through this I can't able to sit and walk, my foot fingers are senseless, I can't able to lift not even ten kg of weight. Please help me as early as possible.
Sir I am 27 years male my problem is my hands r shivering lightly so what is the reason for that please help me.
Hello Doctors, There is question that I need to be answered about a beloved one who fall from a window of a height of 35 meter and he died. We don't know how this happen. The window was just above his bed and the bed height is near to window level. During his fall, he rubs against the wall with his Pubic bone but when he reach the ground he didn't bleed at all. He didn't bleed from the deep injury on pubic area or the nose or the mouth or any thing. Some one who saw him falling said that he was breathing for about 2 minute without any move instead of a small movement of his arm the the breathing stopped. And he didn't say a word during his fall or after hitting the ground. His body was completely fine instead a broke in his left leg. My question is, How come he didn't bleed at all and the his body didn't badly crash after this fall and is there a chance that he suicide? Regards,
I am having headaches in regular intervals, sometimes it on entire head and sometimes it's like migraine. Suggest some medicines plz.
I am unable to move my left toe upwards. I feel a sort of numbness in it. I am also unable to lift my steps properly while walking, jogging and especially climbing stairs. I also have huge muscle cramps in my calf muscle and toes which starts exactly once I lie down to sleep.
Sir, I have migraine. Suggest me some exercise to tackle it wen it comes. And also is it right to take naprosyn 500 mg whenever I have headache?
Sir I'v two sons. The elders on is 9 years old. He has problem with epilepsy for the last 4 years. His treatment is going on. He doesn't eat anything. So, his liver is very weak. What should I do?
I am a diabetic patient. My sugar levels for the lat five months are : Date Fasting Sugar in Urine PP Sugar in Urine 23.2.16 140 Nil 233 6.4.16 131 Nil 221 Nil 10.5.16 91 Nil 246 10.6.16 82 Nil 158 Nil 13.7.16 125 Nil 191 Nil Medicine prescribed : Dienil 1 tablet twice a day Metformin 1000 1 tablet twice a day Ecosprin 75 1 tablet a day I also have numbness in my right leg. For that I take Tablet neurobion Forte once a day and Capsule tricobal once a day. But this numbness is still continuing and is for quite long time say more than 2 years. Originally it was in whole right leg however, presently it is in right foot for the last over 6 months. Please advice me. Thanks,
I am 17 years old and I am having headache since 2 months and I have consult this problem to my family doctor and he said that you are having problem known as migraine I need you to give my the advice how do I get rid from this problem.
I have been suffering from MIGRAINE for 20 years now and I would like to be delivered from this sickness. Im taking" Excedrin Migraine" It is very hot here in the Philippines and whenever I am exposed to sun and very hot weather condition, it triggers. Please help me how to overcome this migraine/headache. It becomes a burden to me now. It stops me from doing my daily activities. Sigh.
I am suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia in right side on face since last 3 years please suggest me the best treatment and doctors in Hyderabad.
It has been proven that older adults who burn calories in moderate physical activities like jogging swimming gardening and dancing are likely to have lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease
Exercise-associated calorie burn can increase the level of grey matter volume in key brain areas which are responsible for memory enabling the active adults to protect their brain from cognitive decline
Sleep apnea is a disorder that affects nighttime breathing and is caused by either a malfunction in the brain that temporarily stops sending signals to the muscles that control breathing, or by an obstruction in the airway.
Causes of Sleep Apnea-
It occurs when muscles in the back of your throat relax, tonsillitis, adenoids, obesity, middle-aged, heart disease, stroke, sedative medicines, large neck circumference, large tongue etc.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea-
- Feeling of excessively sleepy during a day
- Lack concentration and low memory status
- Short temper
- Hyperactive children
- Leg swelling
- Impotency in males
- Frequent waking up for urination in night
- Tiresome feeling in morning
Homeopathic Treatment of Sleep Apnea-
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleep apnoea but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for sleep apnoea treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for Sleep Apnea are-
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum album is often prescribed for individuals who have breathing difficulties at night and is considered for people with a fearful, tense and agitated response to illness.
- Lachesis: Lachesis is a remedy prescribed for conditions that worsen at night. This medicine is designed for people who are typically fearful and anxious, but also prone to jealousy and excessive talking.
- Sulphur: By reputation, sulphur is a commonly prescribed homeopathic remedy, especially for nighttime congestion and sweating. Homeopathic sulphur combats a wheezy cough and congested head, both of which are suffered in sleep apnea.
- Spongia Tosta: This remedy for croup may help congestive sleep apnea sufferers as it treats respiratory symptoms that worsen when lying down.
Before taking these medications, it is important to visit the doctor who will take a detailed case history of your problem and prescribe the right dosage and combination of medication.