Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shinde SmitaYour feedback matters!
It is a very common notion that fat is not good for your body. Most people have started opting for sugar instead of fat, which, in turn, has led to the rise in cases of diabetes. Recent studies have shown that fat is actually healthy for your body. Fat plays an important role in the body such as forming the membranes of the cell and reducing inflammation.
Here are some foods that are rich in fat and are actually good for you:
- Avocado: Avocadoes are different from other fruits in the way that they are rich in fats unlike other fruits, which mostly contain carbohydrates. It mostly contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for the immune system. They are also rich in fiber that lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Dark chocolate: As mouthwatering as it can get, dark chocolates never fall out of a foodie’s list of things he can’t do without. Studies have always attributed chocolates with all the ill effects they can possibly bring on you. However, recent researches have come up with quite contrary results, which can make all the prejudiced ones eat the humble pie. Dark chocolates, apart from their exotic varieties, come with incredible health benefits as well. It is rich in fats and antioxidants, known to improve your cardiovascular health. Chocolate is also known to lower blood pressure and improve brain function.
- Fish: Fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your heart. It lowers the risk of heart disease and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy mono-saturated fats which reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. Nuts also contain magnesium and Vitamin E which are good for the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in Vitamin K and E along with various antioxidants. These antioxidants help in preventing inflammation and free radical damage to the body.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are types of seeds which are rich in fats and fiber, thus promoting satiety. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help in lowering the blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.