Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shinde Smita
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shinde SmitaYour feedback matters!
Common Sexual Problems in Men - Impotence
For men, one of the most terrifying sexual problems is impotence, or erectile dysfunction. This is an issue that can worsen in time, and which can frustrate both men and their sexual partners. If you notice any symptoms, you should take action as fast as possible.
What is the meaning of impotence?
This problem is normally seen as an inability to achieve or maintain an erection that can successfully start and finish a sexual act. Age is not extremely important when it comes to impotence, but older men have more chances to suffering of this condition.
It is not uncommon to fail in achieving an erection at a given moment. This can happen if you are stressed or tired. Problems appear if this happens often. In this case, treatment is required.
Impotence can have various causes and it can be influenced by both psychological and physical factors. Even some serious conditions like kidney disorders, diabetes, Parkinson's, cholesterol or heart diseases can cause impotence. However, keep in mind that anxiety, stress, sexual boredom, depression or problems in a relationship can also cause impotence.
Facts related to impotence
Believe it or not, impotence can affect one in ten men all around the world. Of course, it is impossible to know the exact number of men who suffer from impotence. This happens because many people who suffer from impotence to embarrassed to go to the doctor. Most of the people in cause consider that they cannot discuss this problem with their doctors or sexual partners. But this is just another obstacle in resolving the problem.
It is much better to treat a dysfunction than to leave it to worsen. So if you have any problems in this area, you can also suffer from disappointment, anxiety, emotion, etc. And the list can continue with even worse conditions, if you do not seek medical advice.
How can erectile dysfunction be treated?
Recently, lots of treatments have been discovered and improved. They have managed to prove to be quite successful. Nowadays, there are lots of treatments that remain available for everyone in need to use. Firstly, you should talk to your partner. Sometimes men can give in to the pressure (intentional or not) to perform. In this case, a serious discussion can take the load off and even encourage an erection.
This is another thing to consider. For instance, drug abuse, too much alcohol or heavy smoking can intensify the impotence problems. If you suffer from impotence, consider seeing a doctor who can offer you a full and complete consultation. After investigations, this doctor can offer you the proper remedy. There are a couple of popular drugs that are normally prescribed when the problem of male erectile dysfunction strikes. But every man has different problems, so every treatment will also be different. What matters the most is to get healthy and to have a good sex life!
I am a 22 years old married student. I received my last periods on 16-19 sept. I did pregnancy test, but negative result. My doctor gave me progesterone tablet for 5 days to induce periods. Today is 4th day. Will I get periods after 5 days only?
The point of doing a work out is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well-balanced work out. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve well-paced warm up sessions with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose, ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a work out? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumb bell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual work out that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do the animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.