Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shinde RituparnaYour feedback matters!
I am 42 year old female and am suffering from thyroid and also suffering palpitation before I go into sleep and gastric problem also.Please do help
What causes abnormal ECG? My stress test is also normal and have light pain in my chest and back. After 1 day ECG was normal. I have asthma and undergone uterus operation 6 months back.
My son is 35 years mentally retarded. His BP is 124- 91 @ 10 pm, 115- 75 @ 10 am, 111-78 @ 11 pm. Does he need BP tablets, some time high but not all day long. please advise. Thanks.
Sir just now I checked my blood pressure and it was 84/46 , heart rate was 67. Sometimes I feel week while waking up from sitting or sleeping posture. So I want to know what are the possibilities and remedies for this. I think I have low blood pressure. Can you recommend diets that can increase blood pressure? Thanks in adv
Dear Sir, I am a cholesterol patient some time low some time high. I am taking daily one storvas 10 mg as prescribed by Doctor. Just I want to ask you can I use PROTINEX POWDER FOR MORE PROTEIN TAKING MORE PROTEIN DO? INCREASES CHOLESTEROL PLS. ADVICE. THANKS.
Hi I am an alcoholic person, but now I will stop drinking as I found out that I have fasting blood sugar 160 and after lunch sugar is 321, my liver is also somewhat damaged, my ast is242 and alt is 232, I have high bp problem, my ldl cholesterol is 161 which all is bad, so I want to know from you that apart from alcohol what else precautions should I take in my diet and exercise, please help me regarding this please.
What is High Blood Pressure?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition caused when the force of the blood against the arterial walls exceeds drastically than what it normally is. A blood pressure reading exceeding 140/90 over a prolonged period of time is considered to be ‘high blood pressure’ or diagnosed as ‘hypertension’.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is characterized by extremely high levels of blood glucose (blood sugar) in the body, either due to the insufficient secretion of insulin by the pancreas or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. This makes your body unable to break down the sugars. At first glance, these two conditions seem completely unrelated, but, according to certain studies, the two conditions do have similar outcomes and could be inter-dependent.
According to the American Diabetes Association, the combination of hypertension and type 2 diabetes is particularly lethal and can significantly raise a person's risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Having type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure also increases your chances of developing other diabetes-related diseases, such as kidney disease, and retinopathy (eye blood vessels), which may cause blindness. There is substantial overlap between diabetes and hypertension, reflecting substantial overlap in their etiology and disease mechanisms. Genetic structure, Obesity, inflammation, oxidative stress, and insulin resistance are thought to be the common pathways. A prospective cohort study in the United States reported that type 2 diabetes mellitus was almost 2.5 times as likely to develop in subjects with hypertension as in subjects with normal blood pressure.
In the Hong Kong Cardiovascular Risk Factor Prevalence Study, only 42% of people with diabetes had normal blood pressure and only 56% of people with hypertension had normal glucose tolerance. There are many minor lifestyle changes that can lower your blood pressure and blood sugar. A brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes every day, or any aerobic activity can make your heart healthier. In addition to lowering blood pressure and blood sugar, physical activity can strengthen the heart muscle and may reduce arterial stiffness. You may need minor modifications in your diet like, cutting out sugar salt, high-fat meats etc. You can take several servings of vegetables, low-fat dairy products, leans meats and fish or meat substitutes, fruits, whole (not processed) foods, whole-grain pastas, breads, and brown rice etc. While some people can improve their type 2 diabetes and hypertension with lifestyle changes, most require medication.
Depending on their overall health, some people may need more than one medication to reduce their risk. Consult your doctor to choose best possible medicines for your diabetes and / or blood pressure control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 51 year old lady and facing pain and burning in chest, pain in front head, some time loss motion with pain.
Hi, my age is 32. I got my blood reports today. It says that I have URIC ACID ,CHOLESTEROL, TRIGLYCERIDES,TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO, LDL / HDL RATIO, VLDL CHOLESTEROL, NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL more than normal range. Can you please advice me, what are the medication, precautions/ remedies I can take? Or do I need to consult doctor on this?
I am suffering from two parallel decease. 1 my heart rate is above normal. At times 100- 110 with out any stress or workout. And second I have tingling sensation in my hands as soon as I start driving. This sensation slowly start from hand, goes up the hand. And couple of times in the face. I have all the test related to heart and all blood test. And they all are negative. I am suffering from these problems since June 2015. Please advise.
I have recently had a angioplasty done around 1 month back (01st Aug 2016) with 100% blockage (thrombosis) on RCA. I am on medication for blood thinner & Cholesterol ie Brilinta, Ecosprin & Storvas/Reva. I always find heaviness around my chest and breathlessness at times. I do not wish to continue with above the mentioned medication due to its side effect in long run. Will I have to live with this problem ie heaviness in chest & breathlessness through out my life. Will I ever be able to live a normal life ie run, swim, eat red meat?
4 months back when I was in office feel vomiting when spit small light coffee colored bleed after that lot of chest and stomach pain raises up and down heart beat got complete endoscopy checkup vocal cords normal pharnyx normal and in stomach inflamed scattered erosion report came like erosive gastropathy used medicine stomach problem some what better now but when spit in morning brush small amount of light coffee color bleed came from deep throat and right ear light pain visited Gastroenterology recently taken 4d ultra scan on complete abdomen report shown normal doctor suggested pantop hp kit please I want to know clear understand of my problem when I drunk or small whiskey it's irritates stomach.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.