Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpi Vijay
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpi VijayYour feedback matters!
I fell down from a tree three days back it didn't hurt much back then but now it's starting to hurt much more what should I do?
In 2013 I was diagnosed with prolapsed discs at L4_L5 and L5_S1 vertebrae. I had severe pain on my back and both lower limbs. I couldn't sit or stand that time. So I was was admitted to physical and medical rehabilitation centre. For 1 months, they send me for physiotherapy and they gave 3 epidural inj. I was relieved of that pain and discharged .for 1 year I went for check up regularly. Due to some personal problems I couldn't go for check these few years. Since these few months I have been experiencing the same pain on my back if I sit or. Walk for too long. I just want to know what should I do now?
I think I have knock knees. Coz the gap between my knees is about 1-1.5 cm. Does it can cure? I want to apply for army.
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the muscles of the body and weakens them gradually. Patients with fibromyalgia have a number of "delicate points" on the body and are very sensitive to different things that are not typically painful or unpleasant. They can encounter increased the tenderness and weakness which may lead to problems in movement and even proper sleep.
Physiotherapy concentrates on the treatment, and healing of injuries. Standard exercise based physiotherapy methods may help you gain control of your fibromyalgia as you concentrate on lifestyle changes instead of persistent pain, stiffness and fatigue. Physiotherapists can demonstrate generally accepted methods to get rid of the side effects of pain and solidness in everyday life. They show patients how to build strength and enhance their scope of movement. They show them ways to get rid of the everyday pain.
In case you have fibromyalgia, your physiotherapist creates particular extending and stretching programs to meet your individual needs. While there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, physiotherapy might help you get rid of the pain. It can reduce the stiffness.
Strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility through a number of exercises are two vital ways physical therapists decrease fibromyalgia pain and make life more manageable. These include:
- Stretching: By increasing your flexibility through stretching, the hardened muscles loosen up giving fibromyalgia help. Your physiotherapist can teach you the correct approach to stretch your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Various stretching exercises will also be suggested depending upon the condition or type of pain you have in what part of your body. The combination of these stretching exercises might need a stretching band or other accessories like a compression ball or a rubber band.
- Aerobic exercises: Low speed and low affect exercises are ideal. Stationary cycles and circular machines are typically less pressurizing on the joints. Aerobic exercises are also a great option for fast recovery, but the intensity depends on your condition.
- Aqua treatment: Swimming and other water activities are very good for fibromyalgia patients. The lightness of the water can decrease weight on muscles and joints and enhance adaptability. A warmed pool might be particularly useful because of the warmth that can calm sore muscles.
- Massage: Massage can help pain alleviation and joint stiffness.
- Joint movement: It can improve movement in the tightened muscles, delicate spots and joint stiffness.
- Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy with heat or ice packs works by stimulating the healing force of your own body. Cool packs lessen swelling by tightening veins. On the other hand, warm packs on painful areas widen veins. That expands the stream of blood, oxygen, and different supplements and speeds the elimination of toxins from the body.
Physiotherapy is a lifestyle remedy for such conditions but must have to be patient as the results will be gradual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.