Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa Shah
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa ShahYour feedback matters!
What are the chances of getting cold while drinking fridge water heavily, I notice a pain in throat after drinking the cool water.
Whenever I go for sleep my right side of the nose is getting blocked but there is no runny nose. And I also have a headache in different parts of the head (not one sided) like above the ears in both side and sometime I also feel pain below the eyebrow. Some says it is migraine and some says it is due to sinus. What is it?
Hi Sir/Madam, Meri age 22 saal hai. Pichale 2 or 3 din se mere gale main bahot tej dard ho rha hai. Main jab bhi kuch khata hu ya paani bhi peeta hu toh mere gale main bahot dard hota hai. Achanak bukhaar bhi aa jaata h raat ko. Maine iske baare main internet par jaanane ki koshish ki toh mujhe pta chala ki ye tonsils ho skta hai. Main aapse ye jaanana chaahta hu ki kya kisi tarah ghar par kisi ache treatment se main isse chutkara paa sakta hu? Please mujhe kuch advice dijiye.
Hi! I am 29 years old. I have a problem that my throat get dry when I sleep. I am suffering from this problem since 1 year. What to do?
I am 48 years old male. I have two problems, one is the ear, from my childhood, my ears doesn't form wax, it is always dry and at times it becomes hard and when I try to remove the dry wax it hurts my ears get damaged. How to solve it. The second problem is triglyceride, how to reduce it and bring it to normal without medicines.
Hello all I am having hole in my two ears doctor confirmed needs to operate please advise really it is needed.
I have a sensational pain in my throat. I am a regular smoker. After smoking. Before I go to bed. I feel a sensation and pain in my throat. What's the pain about.
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Acute Rhinosinusitis: Any sort of infection in Sinuses or nasal secretions may lead to infection in middle ear which may cause perforation in ear drum leading to ear discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!