Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa Rohan KolarkarYour feedback matters!
Fever kal se hai aur sar dard bahut ho raha hai aaj meine platelets check karwaya hu bcoz I hope dengu naa ho please help me.
I am 18 years old boy I want to gain weight. As my height is 178 cm and my weight is 60. Please give any easy idea.
Sir my name is venkataramana I am suffering from knee pain it is paining very much when I am sitting or standing.
Hair loss is a mammoth problem that many people are suffering from. Hair fall/loss can affect both men and women. While genes play a vital role, there are usually other reasons as well like, hormonal imbalances, an under-active thyroid gland, nutritional deficiencies and insufficient blood circulation to the scalp. We are all naturally blessed with a crown full of hair, while the texture, color and volume may differ.
During middle ages we may experience loss of hair, which can be explained as completion of the life cycle of some hair follicles. Hair keep falling and new hair keeps growing in its place. Hair loss is seen when growth of new hair is hampered. Keep your hair!
Hair fall/loss can be due to variety of causes. However, many of them can be controlled and dealt with. Most common cause is nutrient deficiency which can be rectified by oral medications and supplements. There are medicines available for local application which are also known to give significant results.
Treatments like mesotherapy, microneedling, low-level laser therapy and PRP therapy show significant long term effects. Consulting a specialist and taking treatments and medications will help you in dealing with hair loss.
Here are a few things you could do to keep your hair on for longer:
Keep them Clean: Washing your hair more often and keeping them clear of dirt and dust will keep them healthy for a longer time.
Tie Them up: Tying up your hair prevents them from damage and breakage especially while you sleep.
Choose right Products: The hair oils, shampoos, conditioners and any other products should be chosen after consultation with a trichologist or a dermatologist.
Do not lose time. Losing time would mean losing more hair. Meet a trichologist or a dermatologist right away and find a solution to your problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
i have a black dark circle how to rid tay problem tat spoil my face so what treatment want take for rid my black dark circle? :'(
My mother needs a knee replacement asap.She's not able to walk more than 5 min we consulted from everywhere we could possilbe like aims,paras,and from many more seniors doctors.What is the charges for operation nd after dis serious operation it would be success for how many years? kindly let me know.Thanks.Regards!
I am 50 years old and getting neck pain on the left side for the last 2 years which I am thinking of due to excessive use of mobile phone.
Hello, I am 20 years old. My skin is very clear but recently I am having black circles under my eyes. I have used eye creams but it doesn't help. Please suggest.
He has stones in kidneys, how he would free from this stones. Please tell the way to remove without using any medicines.
Walk into any grocery store or coffee shop and you'll find gluten-free muffins, gluten-free chips, and gluten-free bread. Gluten has replaced fat as the ingredient we love to shun.
The Gluten Lie by A. J. Levinovitz
And yet, scientists can't find any good evidence to support this fad. Gluten is a protein composite that gives shape to grains like wheat, rye, and barley. And it's true that a very small fraction of people have celiac disease, a real medical condition that causes their bodies to violently reject gluten. But that's only a small fraction of people, and it's not enough to explain the craze. The rest of us are going gluten-free without any real scientific basis for doing so.
It's exactly because the gluten-free diet has surged in popularity recently, despite the science, that Alan Jay Levinovitz, a professor of philosophy and religion at James Madison University, became fascinated by it. I talked to him about his new book, The Gluten Lie, to better understand why we've gone against this grain to the tune of more than $10 billion this year.
Hi my age is 27year old. I have hair problem like white hair, growing very slow way and little bit curly. Is any solution for my hair because I love my hair. I dont want to lost in this age.
Your fantasies might have taken a backseat for the time- being or might have remained silenced for more than a while. The other processes of your usual life go on perfectly except for a few changes that you either consider as minute or you attribute them to any cause other than lowered libido. Failing libido can create hurdles in a man as well as a woman's life and thus should be treated at the earliest possible. Even if you don't care much about an impaired sex life; failing libido can bring about considerable changes in your overall health that can prove to be harmful in the long run.
The common causes of decreased libido can be listed as below:
- Terminal illnesses like cancer, diabetes and neurological disorders can hamper your sex drive.
- Acute exhaustion from performing at work, tending to a family or to a new born can rid you of all energy.
- An instance of sexual abuse in the past can result in lowered libido.
- A lousy lifestyle where you either smoke or drink regularly can prevent you from experiencing sexual desires.
- Irregular sleep patterns can be a contributing factor as well.
- In males testosterone levels may sharply drop due to aging. However, in females estrogen levels may drop after surgeries pertaining to the vaginal tract, after menopause or after childbirth and subsequent breast- feeding.
Ways to deal with your failing libido:
- Take Bupropion to help your case: Dopamine and norepinephrine are two basic hormones particularly necessary for a good sex drive. The consumption of Bupropion is capable of inducing the secretion of these two hormones.
- Try Eating a Mediterranean diet: A Mediterranean diet is perhaps the most reliable solution for a majority of diseases that plague men and women of modern times. This diet is known to treat failing libido in elderly people as well. A Mediterranean diet requires you to eat lots of vegetables and olive oil, while protein should be consumed in limited portions.
- Meditate on a Daily Basis: Meditation concentrates your complete energy on the well- being of your mind and body. It helps you to be conscious and aware of the sensations you feel or may feel. When continued over a long stretch of time, it can restore your interest in sexual activities.
- Make significant efforts to change your lifestyle: If you have an erratic lifestyle, sexual dysfunction is almost inevitable. You need to follow a routine to prohibit your libido from failing you.
Urinary incontinence is the leakage of urine or urinating involuntarily. Urine is released by a process called micturition where the detrusor muscles of the urinary bladder contract to empty the bladder. This is usually a voluntary action but when the muscular contractions become involuntary, incontinence occurs.
Urinary incontinence may be caused due to stress, pregnancy, obesity, weak pelvic muscles, alcohol intoxication or due to diseases like diabetes, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. Children under the age of 5 experience incontinence most often. People above the age of 65 are also prone to the condition. The disorder is observed more in women than in men. The associated conditions of urinary incontinence are:
- Infection in the urinary tract: The risk of bacterial infection is increased due to incontinence and abnormally frequent urination. If you have had an infection in the urinary tract in the past, chances are that incontinence will cause repeated or chronic infectious diseases in the tract.
- Skin diseases: The skin is constantly wet and in continual contact with nitrous urinary toxins like urea, inorganic salts and compounds. So, over time, the skin becomes red and itchy. Rashes and sores may also develop. Sometimes, when you scratch the itchy skin too much, the capillary blood vessels may break and cause a petechial rash - red and brown spots - to appear on the skin.
- Anxiety: There is a constant feeling of shame that accompanies the disorder. Urinary incontinence, which is a common symptom of many medical conditions, is often, not reported to doctors. The patient often avoids socializing due to fear of being unable to control the micturition process in a social situation.
- Depression: Urinary incontinence affects the patient's psychological health directly due to the adverse impact on his or her quality of life. The amount of sleep is often decreased as the patient is afraid of urinating while being asleep. The condition may also cause restrictions on employment and other recreational activities.
- Sexual problems: Most women suffering from urinary incontinence report decreased sexual urges, painful intercourse and are even unable to achieve orgasm in spite of responding to sexual stimulation because of urinary leakage during intercourse leading to embarrassment and withdrawal.