Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa JoshiYour feedback matters!
I'm having squint from my birth in my left eye. I can't see with that eye. It turns away from center.When I look at someone they turn back n asks whom are you looking at!! I feel real shame when they ask. I have gone to few doctors but they said that I'm not gonna make it work anymore as I crossed 21...Is there a chance for me to get rid of this squint? Can i see with that eye too? Or Is there a chance to see by replacing an eye?
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
Hi sir. I m an engineering student. And I hv partial color blindness. Due to this I face prblm in govt job. Is any treatment avlble of color blindness either in allopathy or homeopathy. Pls reply.
My husband is under medication for bilateral pappiloedma. He's been taking medication that has steroids. Wanted to know if it's safe to have physical relationships during medication. Does it affect?
Which type of Laser machine will be best suited for vision correction at 44 yrs of age for dist. Vision of +3+1.25 ?
Im office worker many time I have headache and also pain in eyes so. Tell. Me what the symptoms of jeeka virus and malaria virus Here water is also not good.
Recently l am spending too much time before computer so my eyes are getting stained. To have healthy eyes what should I do?
I was reported to suffer from kerato corns. But now according to doctors, condition of my eyes is stable. But it has affected the vision of my eyes a lot. Please guide of how to recover the vision or eyesight of my eyes.
My eyes are in yellow colour from a long time onwards. How can I change my eye colour to white. Is yellow coloured eyes is any symptom of any diseases.
I have eye sight _1 is it basic surgery really improve eye sight, and please tell me which food I take to improve my eyesight.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath