Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
My last period was on 19 January. Had sex on 4th February. On 16th February bleeding was there but less than normal periods bleeding and on 17th February again very less bleeding. Adding on I am taking antibiotics for fever, cold and cough from 4 days. Help me out to know if there any chances to get pregnant?
My daughter is 15 years old she is having irregular periods,i.E monthly it is not coming two months once but it takes about 15 days to clear. Kindly help me what kind of healthy food i can provide for my child.
I am trying to get convinced due convinced due to dryness doctor asked me to use lubic and Vh3. Will it effect by pregnancy?
Asked for Female, 21 Years My friend is 10 days late for her period. She took the few pregnancy tests on 10th day it were negative. She had protected sex so she doesn't think it's because of pregnancy. But she is worried. Also her last 2 previous cycles were 10 days early before the date. And she had many medicines in last month because she was not well. Also there is a very very thick white and yellowish discharge odourless. Please provide guidance for the same.
I am 29 year old female. Two weeks back I undergone with IUI. While she is doing IUI she told like my cervix is closed due to some infection. Is there any chance of getting pregnant this month.
Penis Health 101: Is Hot Tub Play Really Safe?
Hot tubs offer a variety of great reasons to indulge. Not only do they make a great sensual play space for those who are so inclined, they also serve the very practical purpose of soothing sore muscles and helping a guy relax in a way that he just can't find anywhere else. The benefits are obvious. But are there equal benefits for penis health?
Hot tubs have gotten a bad reputation over the years, to the point where sometimes men are encouraged to stay away from the spa and find something else to enjoy when it's time to relax. So it's important that a man understands the questions surrounding the hot tub and makes up his own mind as to whether the soak is safe. Here are some facts on that can shed light on penis health.
1) The water can get really hot. Though this is great for muscles that ache, it's not necessarily the best for delicate penis skin, especially if a guy indulges in the hot tub on a regular basis. Hot water leaches away the essential oils in the skin, which are necessary to help keep the skin hydrated, smooth and supple. As these oils vanish, the skin can take on a dry, ashy appearance, as well as begin itching something fierce.
2) The jets are powerful. The jets in a hot tub are great for massaging the sore muscles and helping a guy relax, but he should take care to keep his penis away from the most powerful jets of water. Though some guys might be tempted to use the jets as a way to pleasure themselves, they should keep in mind that the very rough "handling" they get from those jets can be enough to damage the penis skin.
3) Hot tubs need chemical treatments on a regular basis. Though this is great for keeping the water fresh and clean, it's not great for a guy's skin, especially the most delicate areas. In fact, a particular type of rash can result from chemicals being forced into the hair follicles with the constant motion of the water. Besides that, the chemicals must be perfectly balanced or they could lead to soreness, redness, chafing and other problems.
4) Hot tub water is rarely changed. Why are all those chemicals necessary? Because the water in a hot tub is usually changed only once or twice per year. This might be fine if it's a man's personal tub and he's paying close attention to the chemical balance, but it's one very good reason why a guy might want to skip the public hot tubs.
5) Some old hot tubs have exposed moving parts. For some, the jets do have moving parts that can be touched by someone using the tub. And from time to time, an adventurous guy might come into contact with those parts, perhaps even with his penis. And that's where the trouble starts. There have been reports of men getting their delicate equipment trapped among the jets and other areas of their hot tub, leading to pain, injury and of course, a quite embarrassing extraction.
So how does a man enjoy a hot tub and still maintain good penis health? He should take care with the jets, make sure the water is not too hot and make a point of using his own personal tub - where he can control the chemicals and water cleanliness - rather than using a public tub. And every time he gets out of the hot tub, he should rinse off in the shower and then apply a top-notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A nutrient crème that contains a wealth of healthy vitamins can help replenish the skin's natural balance. A crème with Shea butter and vitamin E for hydration is especially welcome to prevent dryness.