Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant with 4 month have complain of stomachache sometimes what precautions should taken?
My period is regular with 2 days hike, means 22days cycle. Pain is too much and flow extends upto 4th day also. I have also taken pregnancy test but it was negative.
I am 32 years old female I was about 46 days pregnant so took the abortion pills at home. I started bleeding but not the way I should be after consuming the pills. What should I do?
Hi, my girlfriend has very serious problem of discharging and heavy regular flow of white pani. I have consulted with many doctors and also used many medicines but we didn't getting any result. Now a days she feeling mo much pain in her vagina and also heavy flow and itching too. By advice of a consult nowadays I'm giving her Dhaniya Water (home remedies) but from starting of the day taking it she feels the flow got very thick and dark also. She facing the same problem from so long and she has very weak by her physical health. Many doctors advised us that this problem caused by her weakness but many suggest us that she got weak by this problem. She is a working women and with this problem she can not be survive. Please suggest.
List out the foods which I supposed to avoid eating because m in conditions like obesity osteoporosis joint pains pcod white hair hair fall.
Sir or mam I want to ask thigh me jalan si start ho rhi hai aisa kyu ho rha hai aur kaise thk hoga.Please tell.
I had a sex last month 6 march after I had taken ipill. After 2 days I had periods for 6 days. But in dis month periods is not coming. So is der any changes to get pregineny.
Dear sir/mam I m male 26 married since last 10 months and my wife is female23 we are planning to have a baby and I we don't know actual time to have relation ship. We are having physical relationship from 5th day of period to next cycle/next month. Pls help or guide me if we are wrong.
Hai I have pcos and irregular periods and trying for second baby. Can I get pregnant as soon. Where I take treatment.
After having sex within how much time we get to know about pregnancy. By what symptoms we come to know.
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.