Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa ChitnisYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I had a miscarriage 20 days before I was 6 week pregnant. And from last 6 days there is a brown discharge. I had unprotected sex a week ago. Brown discharge started after having sex. I want to ask will there b any chance of pregnancy.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
The word 'surgery' is often dreaded by most patients. Be it an invasive oral surgery or a keyhole gallbladder surgery, it does not evoke a ready 'yes' in most patients. There are too many patients who are ready to be on long-term medications if they could to avoid the surgery and its complications. While there could be swelling, bruising, tingling and many other symptoms, the one feared by most is the postoperative pain. What happens after the effect of the anesthetic wears off can leave many patients in a very anxious and fearful state. The trick is to prepare oneself not just for the surgery but for the after effects.
Before the surgery, a detailed discussion with the doctor on the following is very important:
- List of medications: Complete list of medications include supplements so that the medications used during and after surgery to avoid any potential drug interactions
- Type and severity of the pain: This will help you anticipate and be prepared for the pain after the surgery.
- Pain tolerance/threshold: Letting your doctor know your tolerance levels can help them prescribe an appropriate pain killer
After the surgery, the following are some ways to cope with the pain:
- Pain killers - Don't wait for the anesthesia effect to completely wear out. Take the painkiller much before the pain starts so that the onset of pain is delayed or nullified. For severe cases, opioids may be used to manage immediate postoperative pain. However, in most cases, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen are used. They may also be used up to a few days after surgery to ease the pain and inflammation, depending on the type of surgery.
- Topical creams/lotions - In cases involving skin incisions, these help reduce the pain in the skin along the incision.
- Compression stockings - In addition to reducing blood clot, they also reduce pain in the legs.
- Physiotherapy - If there is a joint involved, doing physiotherapy after surgery is extremely beneficial. In addition to reducing pain, they also help improve mobility.
- Sleep - Sufficient sleep (more than you normally would) promotes healing and helps your ability to cope with the pain.
- Heating pads and ice packs - If these are your regular remedies for pain, feel free to use them even in postsurgical pains.
- Reduce Stress - This will help you cope better with the pain and heal faster.
A given patient and a given surgery are a unique combination. No two patients will react the same way to a particular surgery. Postsurgical pain can be managed very effectively with a little planning.
Hii. My name is soniya I am taking norlut N tablets everyday from last 1.5 years and I am not getting my periods because of the tablet. Now I want to conceive. What should I do and what arr the medicines I should eat so that I become pregnant.
आज मैं कैसी लग रही हूं?.. ये हर रोज पूछा जाने वाला सवाल है। कभी दूसरों से तो कभी खुद से, क्योंकि दुनिया में ऐसा कोई नहीं.. जो सुन्दर ना दिखना चाहता हो। बेदाग़ निखरी त्वचा का हर कोई दीवाना होता है।
पर मुश्किल ये है कि चेहरा कितना भी खूबसूरत क्यों ना हो। उसपर एक छोटा सा भी मुहांसा हो जाए तो पूरे चेहरे की सुंदरता को तार-तार कर देता है। ख़ासकर टीनएज में हम में से ज्यादातर लोगों को इस तकलीफ़ से जूझना पड़ता है।
हार्मोनल चेंजेस, ऑयली स्किन, किसी चीज से एलर्जी, ज्यादा तेलहनयुक्त भोजन, पेट की बीमारियां। कास्मेटिक्स, पर्याप्त पानी न पीने की आदत, और धूल-मिट्टी गन्दगी के संपर्क में आने जैसी कई वजहों से अक्सर कील मुहांसे हो जाते हैं, इनसे बचने के लिए हमें अपनानी पड़ती हैं कुछ सावधानियां और कुछ घरेलु उपाय।..
1. मुंहासों को न फोडें
जब भी आपको मुंहासे आएं, उनसे झुंझलाकर या छुटकारा पाने के लिए उसे फोड़ें नहीं। क्योंकि जब आप इसे फोड़ते हैं। तो इसका सीरम निकलकर पूरे चेहरे पर फैल जाता है, जिससे पूरे चेहरे पर मुंहासे हो जाते हैं।
2. तौलिये से न रगड़ें
मुहांसों को कभी तौलिया से ना रगड़ें। क्योंकि ऐसा करने से आप अनजाने में एक जगह के मुंहासे को पूरे चेहरे पर फैलने का मौका दे देते हैं। इसलिए बेहतर होगा कि चेहरे पर आये मुहांसों के साथ इस तरह की छेड़छाड़ ना करें।
मुहांसे होने पर स्किन के उस हिस्से को भाप देने से स्किन के पोर्स खुल जाते हैं। इससे स्किन के सेल्स को सांस लेने में आसानी होती है। त्वचा की सारी गन्दगी और एक्स्ट्रा ऑइल। जो कील मुंहासे बनकर चेहरे पर जमा होते हैं। वो ख़त्म हो जाते हैं। भाप लेने से त्वचा के दूसरे इन्फेक्शन भी ख़त्म हो जाते हैं। भाप लेने के लिए आप स्टीमर या किसी बड़े बर्तन में पानी उबालें। पानी उबलने पर अपने चेहरे को बर्तन की ओर झुकाएं। ताकि भाप चेहरे पर आए। इसके बाद चेहरे को गुनगुने पानी से धोकर तेल मुफ्त मॉइस्चराइजर लगाएं। ये नुस्खा कुछ दिन रेगुलर आजमाएं,और कील मुहांसों से हमेशा के लिए छुटकारा पा जाएं।
4. कपूर और नारियल तेल
कपूर तो हम सभी के घरों में होता है। कपूर के औषधीय गुणों से भी हम सभी वाकिफ़ हैं। यह पूजा पाठ आरती में तो हमेशा इस्तेमाल किया ही जाता है। साथ ही शरीर के जल जाने पर। हर तरह की स्किन रिलेटेड प्रॉब्लम से निपटने में भी अहम् रोल अदा करता है। तो कपूर हमारे मुंहासों के लिए भी कुछ कम कारगर नहीं।
जब भी आपको मुंहासे परेशान करें। आप बस थोड़ा सा कपूर नारियल के तेल में मिला लें। इस पेस्ट को अपने मुहांसों पर लगाएं। और 10 मिनट बाद धो लें। थोड़े ही दिनों में आप अपने चेहरे को मुंहासो से मुक्त पाएंगे।
5. पुदीना और हल्दी
आमतौर पर सभी जानते हैं कि पुदीने से चटनी बनाई जाती है। जलजीरा बनाने में इस्तेमाल होता है।लेकिन पुदीने में कई तरह के औषधीय गुणों के साथ-साथ आपके चेहरे का सौन्दर्य निखारने की विशेषता भी होती है। इसमें मौजूद मेंथोल त्वचा को स्वस्थ बनाता है और कील मुंहासों को दूर भगाता है। और हल्दी के गुणों से तो आप वाकिफ हैं ही, सो थोड़ा सा पुदीना पीसकर उसमें एक चुटकी हल्दी मिलाएं। और रोज रात चेहरे पर लगाकर 30 मिनट बाद चेहरा धो लें। इससे आपके चेहरे से मुंहासे अलविदा कहकर चले जाएंगे।
6. चन्दन पाउडर
चंदन का पाउडर मुंहासे भगाने में बहुत कारगर इलाज है। यह न सिर्फ आपके चेहरे को फ्रेश रखता है। बल्कि मुंहासों को दुबारा लौटने से भी रोकता है। अगर आपके चेहरे पर मुंहासे हैं। तो चंदन पाउडर, हल्दी और कपूर को मिला कर एक पेस्टट तैयार करें। इसे मुंहासों पर लगाएं। और 2-3 घंटों के बाद चेहरे को ठंडे पानी से धो लें। इसे रेगुलर इस्तेमाल करके आप हमेशा के लिए मुहांसों से छुटकारा पा सकते हैं।
7. काली मिर्च और गुलाब जल
काली मिर्च खाने का स्वाद तो बढ़ाती ही है। मुंहासों को ख़त्म करने में भी काली मिर्च जादुई असर रखती है। जब भी आपको मुंहासे परेशान करें तो बस आप काली मिर्च की मदद लें। काली मिर्च के कुछ दाने गुलाब जल में पीसकर रात को चेहरे पर लगाएं। सुबह चेहरे को गर्म पानी से धो लें। इससे आपके मुंहासे तो सूख ही जाएंगे। साथ ही चेहरे की झुर्रियां भी ख़त्म हो जाएंगी। और आपका चेहरा चमकने लगेगा।
8. बेकिंग सोडा और शहद
वैसे तो बेकिंग सोडा हम खाने – पीने में इस्तेमाल करते हैं। पर ये मुंहासों की अचूक और चमत्कारी दवा है। कील मुंहासों से निजात पाने के लिए एक चम्मच बेकिंग सोडा में एक चम्मच शहद मिलाएं और थोड़ा गरम पानी डालकर इसका पेस्ट बना लें। अब इस पेस्ट को क्रीम की तरह चेहरे पर लगा लें। दस मिनट तक इसे लगा रहने दें। उसके बाद चेहरा ठन्डे पानी से धो लें। कुछ ही दिनों में आपका चेहरा चमकता हुआ बेदाग़ दिखने लगेगा।
Hello Doctor, I am married from since 1 yr, we are unable to have intercourse as my vaginal hole is small and my husbands penis is bit bigger. How to overcome this problem. Kindly advice
Continuously 2 month periods gone missed and prega news test found negative ,what are the major cause for this?
I am 24 years old and I got married before two months. My problem is that my period time is 15th to 18th day of month but after one of marriage my period came on date 9th day of month means it had come only in 20 days. What about this? please reply me very soon I am worried about that.
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.
Hello I have been married for 1.5 years and I am 33 years old. We are planning a baby now need some guidance in this regards. My periods have been regular.
This month my menstrual flow was less what does it means, was it normal to have scanty in flow or any problem?
Dear sir, I hv a urine flow problem. Am 40 yrs old nw. My urine flow is nt smoothly, it's take 2-3 break whn i passout my urine. Out of this problem, I hv nothing any other problem, lik; pain,irritations,burning etc.Please hlp me.
Hi doctor 3 days before my wife got abort a child which has a heart problem so doctors suggest us to abort that child. Child aborted without operation. Now m feeling very much guilty. And now whats the right time to pregnant her again.
One of the most dreaded diseases of all times, Cancer has often been presumed to be incurable by a lot of people. Unfortunately Cancer driven deaths have grown in number, significantly over the past few years. Despite the fact that medical science has made substantive progress in the realm of cancer research, the mortality rate continues to be fairly high. Consequently, a lot of people have been seeking alternative therapies. Homeopathy is one such avenue that many would vouch for. The treatment of Cancer can be quite successful with Homeopathy, often in conjunction with allopathic medicine in advanced cases.
In early stages, particularly with breast and prostate, the success rate is close to 80% with compliance by the patient. Homeopaths often approach cancer treatment by combining homeopathic remedies. Certain approaches aim at terminating the tumors while others attempt to heal the eliminative organs of the patient as well their entire constitution. Although there has been a fair number of effective cases, homeopathy still has not emerged as a stand-alone remedy for cancer. Because much of success with homeopathy, however depends on the skill level of homeopath and resources of patient to heal on all levels.
There are two ways of treating any CANCER through Homeopathy treatment -
One is by giving medicine after considering particular symptoms and pathology report, which will give temporary relief. Generally this type prescription is given for treating Acute or Advanced Cancer conditions. Most frequently recommended medicines for cancer are Arsenic Album, Hydrastis, Condurango, Conium, Belladonna, Vinca minor, Taxus baccata etc.
Second is giving the medicine for the entire constitution or personality (Holistic treatment) that means giving the medicine by considering mental, physical, emotional as well as social state of the patient to cure the primary cancers completely. Here, they consider the cause of diseases, modalities of symptoms, Back ground Miasm of the patient etc.
Risks and complications:
Homeopathic remedies are extremely safe and they have no harmful side effects. Homeopathic treatments can prove to be harmful if they are taken up by excluding other necessary therapies or diagnostic tests. To avoid such complications, it is advisable to consult a homeopathic practitioner who can discern between merging symptoms and symptoms related to your healing process.