Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old I am diabetic my fasting sugar is getting 150 after that all day sugar is 120 to 130 what to do. I am taking melmet 1000mg dsr in morning and in evening.
For a long time cholesterol in totality was seen as a bad thing for your body although the truth was a little more complicated than that. Cholesterol primarily is divided into two types, one of which can be categorized as bad cholesterol and the other as good cholesterol. Let's have an in-depth look at both the categories.
LDL or Low Density Lipoprotein aka bad cholesterol: Cholesterol is a wax like chemical, which is found all over the body and it has important functions to perform. Cholesterol is carried all over the body by Lipoproteins. The low density lipoproteins are denoted as bad cholesterol as they can accumulate on the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockages in heart arteries, resulting in many ailments. LDL levels of 190 and above are considered dangerous.
Some of the risks associated with it are:
1. Heart disease
4. Peripheral artery disease among many others
HDL or High Density Lipoprotein aka good cholesterol: This is a form of cholesterol which is usually desired in higher quantities as it removes LDL from the system by dislodging it from the arteries and then carrying it through the blood stream into the liver. The liver then breaks it down and removes it from the body. Thus, higher number of HDL cholesterol is always desirable.
Some of the ideal numbers for HDL cholesterol within the body are:
Women - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl or lower
Men - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl lower
The role of triglycerides
Good and bad cholesterol levels also depend on the levels of triglycerides within the body and not just LDL or HDL cholesterol. Triglycerides are another type of fat which are used to store energy within the body but can also affect your health. It is most associated with atherosclerosis when the levels of triglycerides are high within the body.
Some habits that contribute to high levels of it are:
a. Lack of physical activity
b. Obesity or being overweight
c. Excesses in alcohol consumption
e. Bad diet and others
Thus the good cholesterol versus bad cholesterol war also includes other factors, most of which can be easily changed by making subtle changes in lifestyle and incorporating healthier habits. This will increase the good cholesterol and the other relevant elements and reduce the bad. You can consult a cardiologist for more details.
She had a skip of 1 month in her periods (i.e had not periods in september bt had in december) and got periods in this month bt she is having very much pain in her back. Would you please tell me is there anything to worry and wht is this happening and how can one get rud of it.
My right hand thumb has some allergy problem almost 10 months now. Its on the top side under the Neil side position. I used many skin creams & it gets cured but it come back after few days of time. Im very much disturbed with this problem. Im currently out of india & fed up with this allergy. Some times it gets so hard & skin gets cracks on it. Pls suggest me some permanent remedy. I took oral anti allergic Cetrizine also but when I stop medicine it come back.
I'm a girl of 17 years and The growth of my hairs have been stopped. What should I do? I want long hairs.
I have an insect's bite on my left cheek under water during swimming and it is swelled so what medicine should I take please suggest now.>?
Whiteheads and blackheads are a type of mild acne. These occur when dead skin cells accumulate on your skin pores. They are also known as ‘comedones’. Blackheads appear like black spots on your face, and are often mistaken for dirt. Whiteheads are more stubborn than blackheads and they might be accompanied by tiny spots called papules or pustules. Since both blackheads and whiteheads are a milder type of acne, they should be promptly treated before the bacteria in the acne proliferate. The skin can worsen and cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or acne marks. This can cause serious discoloration of the skin.
1. A treatment comprised of advanced peels is usually recommended. The treatment also covers what diet you should follow and gives detailed instructions to further prevent acne. One of the peels involved in the treatment is a natural acetic acid peel, which treats whiteheads and blackheads. The peel has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains potassium iodide and ‘jasmonic’ acid which ensures skin regeneration and exfoliation.
2. The other kind of treatment involves a thorough therapy comprising of the following stages:
- Cleansing: Skin inflammations are reduced with a blend of antioxidant teas.
- Massaging: Before the blackheads extraction can be started, your skin will be massaged to prepare for the procedure.
- Mask: A mask will be applied next on your face, and then the extraction process will begin.
- Toning: Either a tea blend or salicylic acid will be used to unclog pores and control extra oil.
- Mud Mask: A mud mask made from sea minerals and ‘ichthammol’ is applied to absorb oil and prevent breakouts in the future.
- Calming Mask: This type of mask contains both tea blends and buttermilk. It soothes and calms the skin.
- Hydration: Microalgae control extra oil, while reducing flakiness and dryness, thus hydrating your skin. It also contains zinc oxide, which reduces redness and mattes the skin.
Additionally, experts will provide you skincare products that you can use at home after the clinical treatment is over. This ensures future breakouts don’t occur and you skin remains beautiful and clear.