Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ShiddhaYour feedback matters!
Always I feel a lump in throat. May times it pains around naso pharyngeal zone. I do feel pain near laryngeal area if I speak for more than 30 minutes. Please advise.
I have pain in my ears. Whenever I visit a hilly place I feel pain in my ears. Are there any chances that my eardrum is damaged or there is any hole in it. Kindly reply.
My Nephew 5 yrs old, suffering from running nose, nasal congestion. He is allergic and often develops above symptoms. Your valuable advise is awaited.
While using Johnson bud in my right ear cotton was left inside the ear and I became deaf some 20yrs ago and I didn't tell anyone. Now I want treatment.Can the cotton be extracted out now.Can I hear again from right ear?
I Have ear problem from 3 months. My ear is bleeding all time within 1 hour or regularly. please help me to cure this problem and its very smelly too.'
Tinnitus treatment & causes. Some time ringing very high & some time is low ringing. After exercise increase ringing.
How to remove a piece of metal from my throat? That piece of metal is a part of my "Braces" Please suggest me as soon as possible.
I have problem in my ear, it often bleed with puss. I consulted doctor they said it is just due to fever. What should I do?
I am 64 yrs old lady. I started with problem of hearing along with peculiar sounds 3 yrs back. Gradually it got bad and was diagnosed tinnitus. Now since last 15 days hearing problem has occured especially at noisy places. And there is breezy noise continuosly, day and night. Sugesstion appreciated. Thanks
Hello sir my brother age is 10 years and he has a bleeding problem from nose what's the actual reason for that bleed till today 3rd time he got that problem.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory Infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding disorder
- Blood clotting problems
Treatment: A nosebleed can easily be treated at home. While in a sitting position, close your nostril by squeezing the soft part of your nose. Hold your nose for ten minutes, then lean slightly forward. Inhale and exhale slowly using your mouth.
Never lie down when you are trying to stop a nosebleed, as you will end up swallowing the blood which can upset your stomach. Remove your hand from your nose after 10 minutes and check if the bleeding has stopped. If it has not, repeat the steps all over again.
However, consult a doctor if the bleeding does not stop or if there is a foreign object stuck in your nose.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.