Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar GhumatkarYour feedback matters!
Wil pregnancy test work with in a week after sexual intercourse I want a good answer no menstrual cycle since the intercourse.
Hello doctor I am 24 year old and want to ask something. I am trying to conceive and I need to ask some basic things. 1. After intercourse semen comes out of vagina is it normal? 2. After intercourse after how much time I can get up and go to washroom and do cleaning. Thanks.
Communicating with people is second nature to all of us. But are we doing it effectively? In today’s world, it is impossible not be in constant contact with everyone around us. We have our phones, iPads, tablets and other devices to keep in touch with everyone.
But what happens when we are required to speak to someone face to face? Do we listen to what they have to say or do we simply put our point across regardless of whether the other person has heard us or not? If we want other people to hear what we have to say and understand them effectively we must learn effective strategies.
Here are a few tips for effective communication:
1. Have a plan:
Have a clear plan in mind before you start to express your position or your ideas. Think of all the things you wish to say and write them down. When you have a clear idea of what it is you are going to say, it makes putting your point across much easier.
2. Be conscious of both your verbal and nonverbal actions:
You should be careful about what you say as well as how you say it. Your tone and volume lets the listener know the overall direction of the conversation. If you are happy, look happy and keep the tone light. If you are angry, you will look angry and keep the tone and volume in tune.
*It is important to note that even if you are angry, yelling will not solve the issue as effectively as a well thought out argument.
3. Wait for the person to finish a thought before interrupting with questions:
Communication is a two-way street. You have to listen as well as talk. Listen to what the other person is saying before jumping to put your point across. You should show the other person the same courtesy that they showed while listening to you.
4. If you’re not sure of the message they are trying to send, ask questions:
It’s okay to ask questions once the other person has finished talking. This way not only do they feel like you are interested in what they are saying they will also know that you were listening to what they had to say.
5. Paraphrase what you heard, so the sender knows you understood the message:
Once the sender has finished speaking, paraphrase what they have said so that you both are on the same page. This way both of you will understand what has been communicated and what needed to be understood from the message.
If I have to get an abortion done, surgical or non surgical, Is it necessary for the hospital or the concerned doctor to take an undertaking or permission from parents? I'm 22 years old.
Sir/mam my gf had periods on 26th may and after few day I inserted my fingers in her vagina, but from yesterday see saw blood on her vagina, it is like periods, I know what know exactly that is, whether she is pregnant or something else like hymen rupture, please give answer as I am too much worried.
Hi, Last month me & my wife had sex After that she did not get periods She ate papaya weekly once from 2 weeks But she didn't get period If she is pregnant what will happen now She looses pregnancy? Fully tensed This was our first time.
I am a 21 year old girl. I am sexually active and it has been 10 days since my periods should start but I have not seen any symptoms of periods. What should I do?
I have spotting for about 3-4 days before my period starts. This is the second time that it happens.
Hi I am pregnant now 33th week is running, I had severe cough problem I am worried about that, Is it risk or not and can I take cough syrup is it safe?
I'm 21 years old female. Single. My menstrual cycle is not come in this month and previous month. My last menstrual is on January 5, 2016. In my vagina there are some pimples like projections That are Itching and irritating bad smell at the time of urination. Then I took pregnancy test the result is negative. Doctor Can please tell me what's this problem? Doctor what should I do for regular menstrual cycle?
Hi I recently delivered a baby it's been 2months now I have put on weight very badly n people at home say not to diet coz of feeding n I'm not suppose to go out until baby is 5-6 months.. I'm a vegetarian please suggest me how to reduce weight? Actually my eating capacity is included now may b coz of feeding the baby. I used to jog 5kms before marriage (1.5 years back) now I'm really not sure if I can jog so much. Coz I feel very weak I had a normal delivery only. When visited doc she told me to lose weight. So please suggest me if there is any way of reducing weight. Thanks in advance doctor..
My cousin had a cesarean in the month of November 2014 and she is again 2 months pregnant. What to do please advise?
Which type of fruits and vegetables to be eaten by the pregnant lady. And the pregnancy age is 4 months.
My gf period usually starts by 13 till 20 in a month. If we have sex without protective method or condom from 16 till 28, will she be pregnant? Please tell me the answer with full explanation. Thanks.
I had sex with my girlfriend, 12-15 days before. We did without using any safety. But I have not discharge inside. After sex of next day she taken a tablet to be safe from any problem. Now she is not having her periods. Usually periods date starting from 6, 7 but she is not having till today. Suggest me is it possible she is pregnant. Advise for solution.
Hi, I am asking about my female friend. We tightly hugged each other with WEARING CLOTHS. My sperm came out from my cloth and stuck to her cloths. This happened on 15th august16. She was expecting her MC after 15 days, that is, on 2nd september16 but till today's date (16th september16) she is missing her MC. We thought about pregnancy and we had done test by UPT on 6th september16 but result was negative. We again did UPT on 12th september16 at early morning but again result was negative. We are worried about her MC, 15 days passed but she is not getting her MC. Please help what should we do? Please consider following: we changed our diet plan to gain weight since 3 months and also our daily routine is changed since 2 months. And that girl is my upcoming wife (fiancée) Thanking you already.
Do you know about the various types of Ayurvedic herbs and the wide range of healthy properties they possess? Every herb used as a part of Ayurveda consists of several health benefits, which include healthier skin, weight loss, and overall vitality. Here are five power herbs, which are beneficial for women for maintaining good overall health:
- Guduchi ( giloy) : Guduchi, also known as Giloy, is an important power herb for women. It is rich in antioxidants and also possesses anti aging properties. Make a powder from the stem of this herb and consume it by mixing it with honey and water. It is ideal for women with diabetes, and also helps in the treatment of fevers, urinary tract disorders, several infections, water borne diseases, and digestive disorders. This herb extract is an ideal liver tonic and improves vision, stress, and cold. Your body’s platelet count also increases on taking this herb. Conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome are also treated.
- Wheat grass: This herb contains vitamin A, C, E, K, and B complex in high amounts, and is effective for improving your immunity. The herb is used ideally for helping cases of iron deficiency in women and preventing the occurrence of anemia. It contains large quantities of chlorophyll and helps in improving your body’s hemoglobin count. Wheat grass also contains proteins and amino acids in abundance. You can consume wheat grass in juice form and powdered form.
- Drumstick leaves: Also known as muringa, this is an effective herb, which is rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. It contains anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered to be a capable energy booster. You can add this herb to regular food and tea. It helps in improving your hemoglobin levels, improves the production of milk in lactating women and is also good for your bones.
- Lodhra: This powerful Ayurvedic herb is ideal for women in several ways. It is an effective coagulant and stops bleeding in wounds and gums. It is beneficial for treating uterus inflammation in women and supports women during excessive menstrual discharge during pregnancy. The herb also helps in maintaining uterus strength and physical strength, and prevents miscarriage.
- Shatavari: This powerful herb is quite beneficial for women who are of reproductive age. It is an effective herb, which helps in strengthening the entire female reproductive system. It helps a woman to move into menopause with peace and less distress. Hormonal balance is also kept in check by the properties of Shatavari. It is effective for boosting energy levels and body immunity.
These essential Ayurvedic power herbs should be taken by a woman regularly for keeping healthy and mentally sound. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.