Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shekhar Ghumatkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar GhumatkarYour feedback matters!
Use a cast iron pan for cooking whenever possible (while using tomato sauces and other acidic and moist foods. I read this somewhere and here I have a doubt, actually everybody says not to cook acidic foods like tomato etc. And moist like gravies of Indian curries (with acidic contact too) in an iron pan. So is this should not be obeyed during pregnancy, or does it have good effects during pregnancy, can you please help me understanding this. Thank you.
I am 25 and she is 24 age old. I used have sex with my girl daily. Mostly 4 to 5 times per day. From the morning till night. We got married before 2 years. From the past 3 years. I cant stop my emotions on her. I cant control my emotions daily. I took only 2 pills in the past 3 yrs. Is this safe to have sex like dis daily. Please tell me about whether is it safe fr my future life. Past 3 years we r repeating the same. Is it safe. How to control those emotions.. Even I tried to control me more times but I cant. Always she has irregular periods only, From the past 3 years till now. I used to ejaculate outside only whenever we had sex till now. She has increased lack of body weight too. Give us some solutions to control my emotions on her and to get regular periods for her.
I have irregular period problem. My period date is 16-5-2016, but no periods are going on till 3-7-16 hence I have taken susten200 mg tablets and my periods are came on 9-7-16. But periods are come only for one day. It is a sign of pregnancy. Pl. Inform me ,i try for pregnancy since last one year.
Am 6months pregnancy. Can you suggest me some healthy food items and what I have do for having a normal delivery.
You might be surprised to know that unknowingly you are consuming poisons in your daily meal. Forget getting nutrients from these items, you end up troubling your health by consuming these food items. White rice, pasteurized cow milk, refined salt and refined sugar are the 4 white poisons, which are not good for your health. As they don’t have the right amount of protein, vitamins or minerals to keep your body healthy. Moreover, they increase the risk of developing other diseases like hypertension and diabetes. It has also been found via research that eating white rice increases the risk of diabetes by 17 percent.
Here is why you should stop eating these poisons:
- Pasteurized Cow Milk: The only good thing about this milk is that it has a longer life. The process of pasteurization keeps the milk good for a longer period, but harms its nutritive value. It removes enzymes, vitamin A, B 12 and C from the milk. The process also transfers hormones and antibiotics into the milk. Researchers have found that the process also destroys essential and good bacteria like lactobacillus acidophilus. Moreover, about 20% of iodine gets removed from the milk and thus after consuming it, you are more likely to develop constipation.
- White or Refined Rice: The process of refining rice leads to the removal of the outer layer and germ from it. The rice is left with endosperm, only. This layer contains starch in a huge quantity which can increase your blood sugar or glucose levels to a great extent.
- Refined Sugar: White sugar or refined one is full of chemicals. It has no nutritional value. The chemical is derived from sugar cane or beet. Then, the juice of this substance is extracted to get fibre free sugar. The juice is mixed with lime during the refining process. This kills all vitamins present in the juice. Calcium sulphate and sulphuric acid are also used for bleaching of the sugar. This is done to make the sugar look more white than natural.
- Refined Salt: Normal table salt contains iodine. This is needed for a healthy body. But refining of salt removes iodine from the salt. Fluorides are added during the process of refining. The fluorides are bad when consumed in excess. Consumption of refined salt also increases blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 47 years old, diabetic. I had my last periods on 2nd March 2016. In April the periods did not come till 6th, then I took tablets for early periods, but did not worked out. After that I consulted the Gynae and she gave me tablets to delay the periods which I took from 11th to 16th April and stopped it. But till date there is no periods, however sometimes I have symptoms. I had also test the pregnancy test through Prega-Kit twice, which was negative. Kindly guide accordingly and also let me know that how accurate the prega-kit? Thanks.
There are many myths on when a woman can become pregnant and when she can’t. Women mostly believe that sex at any point of cycle will make them pregnant. But in reality ovulation is the best time to have sex to get pregnant. If you are trying to get pregnant then it is essential to be attentive to the physical changes of your body. By keeping a close eye you can easily discover physical signs of ovulation i.e. the best time for getting pregnant.
Determine when you Ovulate
You need to first detect ovulation before planning pregnancy and time your sexual intercourse in accordance with it. Every month, the hormonal changes in a women's body causes the release of an egg. The egg later travels to the uterus though the fallopian tube. This stage is referred to as ovulation. There are many ways of knowing the time when your ripe egg is released from the ovary.
Women with regular menstrual cycle: Those women who have a regular menstrual cycle can simply calculate their ovulation period. In an average menstrual cycle of 28 days, ovulation occurs before 14 days of period. So you can easily get the date of your ovulation by deducting 14 days from the length of your cycle.
Women with irregular menstrual cycle: In case your menstrual cycle is not regular you can know your time of ovulation by using an ovulation production kit, by monitoring your body temperature and by changes in your cervical mucus.
When to have Sex to get Pregnant?
Whether you have regular or irregular menstrual cycle, the best time to have sex to get pregnant is when your mucus become slippery, stretchy and clear. Volume of mucus noticeably increases with the rising level of estrogen.
A study done by University of North Carolina to find out the better predictor of sex that will lead to pregnancy states that the day you notice fertile cervical mucus is the best day to have intercourse to get pregnant. This is because it aids the survival of sperms and increases your chances of getting pregnant. According to some researches, sex before the sixth day of ovulation increases the possibility of becoming pregnant.
Most of couples who are trying to have baby have sex only during the ovulation period. The problem with this practice is that if you have miscalculated your ovulation date then you will only be disappointed.
Some research studies have shown that sperm quality and quantity is at peak after one to two days of abstinence from sex. And it diminishes greatly after ten days. So if you are waiting for your signs of ovulation and didn’t have sex for several days then the sperms of your partner may not be as fertile as needed for you to conceive.
I have very soft and lose chest after baby. What should I do to again make it perfect. Please help me.
I am a 28 year old unmarried girl. My periods are regular since the beginning. Last one was 21aug-24aug, 2016. I have no gynaeco-problem as well. But, Since a week only my left nipple is paining. There is no swelling, no lumps are felt, no discoloration of nipple area, nothing is abnormal in looks. Only a mild pain is there 24x7. I feel discomfort and much worried. Kindly help me. What can be the problem? What should I do? Please reply.
I am suffering from severe back pain due to the laparoscopy done to me to clear the cyst formed on the right ovary. This is my old health issue now a days I am also suffering with heart palpitations and breathing problem. I have done checkups both chest X Ray and ECG reports were found with no abnormalities. My doctor suggested me with multivitamins Minerals capsules I am using right now. I want to know what tests to undergo for the back pain and reasons for palpitations and difficulty in breathing.
I am 28 years old 4 years back married. 6 months back doctor said I have hormone disturbance. I have bi lateral poly cystic ovaries 6-8 mm noted. She gave siphene 50 mg to use I used for 4 months stopping 1 month middle. I have under gone follicular study egg was raptured but no result I did not get pregnant please help me. Even though egg was released why did not became pregnant I do no, can you tell me reasons why please. My prolactin is 17. 83ng/ml I have dons hsg it is normal. My husband count is 40 millions. Please tell. And my periods are ending with in 2 days only why.
Chronic nephritis is a type of Glomerulonephritis (GN). In this condition, irritation takes place in the Glomeruli, which are parts in your kidneys comprising tiny blood vessels. These knots of vessels filter your blood and remove excess fluids from the body. In case your glomeruli are harmed, your kidneys will quit working properly and you can suffer from kidney failure. It is a very serious illness that can be life threatening and requires immediate medical intervention.
The condition is also called nephritis. There can be both acute and chronic nephritis. The chronic type of GN can take several years to develop with almost no obvious symptoms. This can cause irreversible harm to your kidneys and also prompt complete kidney failure.
Causes and risks:
A hereditary condition can once in a while cause chronic nephritis. It happens in young men with poor vision and poor hearing. Persistent and untreated conditions may also bring about chronic nephritis. A history of cancer in the family may likewise put you at danger. Having acute nephritis may make you more prone to build up chronic nephritis later on. Being exposed to some hydrocarbon solvents may build the danger of chronic nephritis. Chronic nephritis does not generally have a clear-cut cause. About 25% of individuals with this condition have no history of kidney diseases.
A few symptoms of chronic nephritis include:
- Blood or abundance protein in your urine
- Swelling in lower legs
- Continuous urination during evenings
- Bubbly or frothy urine (from abundance protein)
- Stomach pain
- Continuous nosebleeds
Depending upon the symptoms of the problem, the treatment might be distinctive. Some of the ways it can be dealt with are:
- Controlling hypertension, particularly if that is the hidden cause for the problem. Circulatory strain might be difficult to control when your kidneys are not working properly. If so, your specialist may prescribe pulse medicines, including angiotensin-changing over catalyst inhibitors. Some of these medicines include Captopril, Lisinopril and Perindopril.
- Your specialist may likewise recommend angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). Some of these may include Losartan, Irbesartan and Valsartan.
- Another technique to reduce immune-triggered aggravation is plasmapheresis. This procedure expels the liquid part of the blood (plasma) and replaces it with intravenous (IV) liquids or donated plasma (without any antibodies).
For chronic GN, you will have to decrease the level of protein, salt and potassium in your diet. Also, you should observe the amount of fluid you drink. Calcium supplements might be suggested and you may need to take diuretics to lessen swelling. Not surprisingly, check with your general physician or kidney specialist for rules about dietary restrictions or food. In case your condition worsens and causes kidney failure, you may need dialysis. This is a technique where a machine filters your blood. In the end, you may require a kidney transplant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
What is a Urinalysis?
A urinalysis is a laboratory test of urine commonly referred to by medical professionals as a “UA.” The urine is evaluated for the presence of certain chemicals. A microscopic exam of the urine is also done to look for abnormalities.
A urinalysis is indicated for evaluating pets with urinary abnormalities such as increased urine production, increased urinary frequency, straining to urinate, bloody urine or abnormal color to the urine. This test can also be helpful in cases of unexplained fever, loss of appetite or weight loss. A urinalysis is often done when indicated by the results of an X-ray, results of blood tests indicating a problem with the urinary system or as a follow up to physical examination when abnormalities are detected.
Any evaluation for health or illness should include a urinalysis. Urinalysis results can give an idea of hydration and kidney function; it can also indicate inflammation or infections in the urinary tract.
There is no real contraindication to performing this test. Even normal results help determine health or exclude certain diseases.
Why Is It Done?
Perhaps you might have noticed that even when you go for your routine health checkup, the physician would suggest you to undergo a urine examination. Similarly, when you approach the doctor for a certain specific ailment, then also the physician may suggest you to undergo a urine test. This test is necessary because urine provides considerable data to the physician to ascertain the cause of your ailment. Urine examination is very important as it indicates the state of your general health. A urinalysis is done for several reasons:
- To check your overall health: Your doctor may recommend a urinalysis as part of a routine medical exam, pregnancy checkup, pre-surgery preparation, or on hospital admission to screen for a variety of disorders, such as diabetes, kidney disease and liver disease.
- To diagnose a medical condition: Your doctor may suggest a urinalysis if you're experiencing abdominal pain, back pain, frequent or painful urination, blood in your urine, or other urinary problems. A urinalysis may help diagnose the cause of these symptoms.
- To monitor a medical condition: If you've been diagnosed with a medical condition, such as kidney disease or a urinary tract disease, your doctor may recommend a urinalysis on a regular basis to monitor your condition and treatment.
Other uses of urine examination:
Urine examination or analysis is also called as “urinalysis”. The urine examination reveals early signs of various diseases including ailments like diabetes and kidney diseases. Further, if you are suffering from any infection, the urine analysis will be helpful in determining the type of infection. It also helps in determining pregnancy.
Process of filtration:
As you know, it is the kidneys, which throw out urine. Further, urine contains waste materials removed from the blood by a process of filtration performed by the kidney. In fact, even the health of the kidney can be assessed by a urine examination.
Some of the other salient features of urine analysis are briefly described here:
- In the case of patients suffering from chronic kidney ailment, periodical urine examination will help the physician ascertain the health of the kidney. For example, presence of protein beyond a certain level would be a pointer to evaluate the health of your kidney. Interestingly, in some cases, a few people may release excess protein only occasionally. Therefore, during the course of urine examination, they might not have released excess protein. It is for this reason that the doctor may suggest repeated urine analysis to evaluate the health of the kidney.
- The process of urine analysis is normally grouped into three, namely visual colour examination of the urine, dip stick examination and microscopic examination. The type of examination normally depends on the ailment suspected. Further, depending on the results of urine analysis, the physician may suggest you to undergo various other urine tests.
- Sometimes the accuracy of the results of urine analysis can be affected because of certain medicines that you may be taking or dehydration and for various other reasons. In such cases, the physician may suggest you to repeat the urine examination after a few days.
In some cases, the pathologist may provide certain instructions before collecting your urine for a thorough examination. For example, you may be asked to go empty stomach or a few hours after the meals and so on. Follow these instructions scrupulously; after all, instructions are for the sake of your health and its benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
We have been married for 4 yrs. But my wife is not able to conceive. Previously dishonored with blockage in fallopian tubes .also surgery has done. But still pregnancy is not happening.
Hi. My friend got married recently. On December fourth. Her last menstrual cycle was on fifteen of November. She is yet to get her periods. Wat are the chances of pregnancy. Her cycle is usually 28.
Thing can only be useful and beneficial if they are performed at their proper time and one’ access may not disturb other or they must be given their required time. Food, exercise, sleeping, rest and sport if performed at their proper time they will be effective and beneficial for body otherwise their irregular practice may be futile. So it is suggested to follow a proper schedule.