Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal Ghadge
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal GhadgeYour feedback matters!
I am going through a bit of stress due to my hectic office schedule. Sometimes experiencing forgetfulness. Is there any homeopathic medicine to de-stress myself Thanking you.
I really do not know what happened with me. Am being aggressive. I did not want to talk to people or anyone .did not follow my time table n always thinking about my future. Am preparing for medical n now days am not doing anything. Am fully confused n scary of me n everything .i wanted to do something but I can not do anything. Before doing anything a am think abut result n being stopped by my mind. I fell helpless n .plz suggest me what happen to me or what I have to do plz.
I am 20 years old. I am reading in b. Sc I am not concentrate in my reading. Please told Solving way?
I am forgetting every thing in few mins. How to good memory power back and body is getting over heat. How to reduce ?
I am being depressed for past 2-3 years. Being heartbroken academics health and family. I am not motivated and feel like hurting myself.
Stress plays a significant role in creating rifts in relationships as it mostly forbids partners from meeting each other’s physical and emotional needs. This reduces intimacy in a relationship and results in an unhappy sex life. In the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life. Here are some tips, which will prove to be very effective in keeping stress away from your sex life.
1. Don’t make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired
If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don’t pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner’s admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
2. Try to stay away from performance anxiety
Don’t let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner’s needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
3. Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life
Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
To prevent these stressful situations from affecting your sex life, try to focus on removing them. For this, you can ask for help from other family members to carry out household chores or diminish your time at social gatherings to be available for each other exclusively. Spending more time in each other’s company will not only brighten your day, but will also give you an enhanced and more intimate relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Hello doctors. I wish to know if depression level increases and remain for long time. So what would be impact on body. What more things can happen? Daily sleep is of 2 hours.
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.
Person suffering from depersonalization disorder often feels detached from their thoughts and also have a strange feeling that you are being separated from your emotions and your body. Feeling disconnected from his or her surrounding environment is one of the main symptoms of depersonalization disorder. An affected person might feel like an alien, live in a world of fantasy and fear of getting crazy or depressed, anxious and panicky. A patient with depersonalization disorder does not lose his contact with reality and realizes that his perceptions are unreal. This health condition is a form of dissociative disorder, where the brain gets affected.
Treatment: People seeking treatment for depersonalization disorder are primarily concerned with the associated symptoms such as anxiety and disorder. Treatment is required when the disorder is recurring or long lasting, and when the symptoms cause severe distress. The aim of the treatment is to eliminate all causes of stress when the symptoms show up. The method of treatment depends on the nature of the triggers and on the severity of the symptoms. Here is a list of the most effective treatment methods:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is an effective treatment procedure for depersonalization disorder. Psychological techniques are used to help an affected person recognize his feelings and for communicating his thoughts to a therapist. Thoughts which may lead to depersonalization experience are expressed by a person in this process. Cognitive therapy is utilized for changing dysfunction thought patterns in an affected person.
- Medication: There are no medicines for the general treatment of depersonalization disorder. Several medicines are used to treat the symptoms. In patients who experience depression and severe anxiety, antidepressant and antianxiety medicines may be prescribed. Antipsychotic medicines are also used to cure disordered thinking and improper perception of reality.
- Family therapy: Family therapy educates the affected person's family about the disorder, its causes and the family members learn how to recognize the symptoms.
- Creative therapy: Creative therapies, such as art therapy or music therapy, enable a patient to recognize and express his feelings better in a creative and safe way.
- Clinical hypnosis: This process involves intense relaxation, concentration and focus of attention in order to achieve an altered state of consciousness. This makes a patient more aware, and he can explore his thoughts and feelings, which have been absent from his conscious mind.
Complete recovery from depersonalization disorder is possible for most of the patients. The symptoms go away by themselves after treatment. Treatment makes a person more effective in dealing with stress or trauma, which might act as triggers for further recurrence of this disorder. Treatment is necessary and avoiding treatment might cause severe complications later. It is recommended to consult a doctor for the best treatment measures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!