Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SheetalYour feedback matters!
I m 23 years old girl. I have dark circles around my eyes my skin is very fair so it looks more prominent. How can I get rid of this.
Find Out the Type of Alopecia the Bald Patches Might Be Indicating
Alopecia Areata is the most prominent kind of alopecia that causes hair fall. It happens if your immune system attacks the hair follicles, resulting in excessive shedding and even bald patches. Generally, people below 20 are most affected by this condition but it may occur to any individual irrespective of age and gender. The hair loss is reversible on its own and treatments are also available. Below is a list of different types of Alopecia Areata that have been diagnosed in people.
- Alopecia Universalis (AU) - This kind of alopecia leads to complete hair loss from the body, including eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Alopecia Totalis (AT) - Alopecia Tolalis causes shedding of hair from the scalp making one bald.
- Alopecia Barbae - When Alopecia Areata occurs at the beard area making patches or wiping the entire area smooth, it is called Alopecia Barbae.
- Scarring Alopecias (Cicatricial Alopecias) - This is the rarest form of Alopecia where one loses hair permanently.
- Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) - Also called male or female pattern baldness, this type of alopecia causes excessive thinning of hair to the point that the scalp is almost visible. This is a progressive kind of hair loss that is most common in people with hereditary alopecia.
- Traction Alopecia - This type of alopecia results from excessive pulling on the hair, which causes tension in the hair follicles. Primarily seen in women because of certain kind of hairstyles, it can lead to damage of hair shafts preventing re-growth of hair.
- Telogen Effluvium - If more than normal amount of hair falls out then, it is called Telogen Effluvium. It is usually innocuous and the hair returns to its former glory after the phase has passed.
- Anagen Effluvium - This type of hair loss is caused due to chemicals used to treat cancer. After the completion of the treatment, hair usually grows back to its normal state.
Related Tip: Top Causes of Hair Loss and Hair Thinning in Women?
Hai this is chandu. My hair is fully dry haur and so hard. I want silky and smoothly suggest any shampoo or any starting treatments plzz suggest me doctor.
I am white in colour before but day by day I am becoming too black. Why it is happening. What should I do. All my family members are white now except me.
As I have a weakness that iam doing a masturbation since 10years now Iam facing symptoms like loss weight, muscle weak, hair loss, penis small and more urinal. Kindly find my problem because am going to marry in 1year.
I am 17 years old male and I have severe itching. I visited a doctor and he said it's fungal infection and he gave me cream and Itraconazole. I felt good, during medication was going on but after some 1 to 1 and half weeks the itching has again started. How to permanently remove fungal infection? Thank You.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my black. I used scar removal cream for four months but I dint see any changes. What should I do.
I got multi lipoma skin defect at 16 years of age itself i am feeling shy to go into people please tell me solution.
Sir/madam My name is ajeet and I have a major problem of hair loss from 6 months and I generally go to my job in Delhi and I have to face pollution sir please give me the suggestion what should I do thanks.
I am 25 years old working man. I have a small mark on my nose which is visible. Is there any way to remove it with the help of ailments? If it's not done through medicines what will be cause for plastic surgery? Where can I Approach in Bangalore and who is the best one available in metro cities.
In my hair there are the very big problem that is dandruff itches also due to this my hair falls quickly please tell how to remove the dandruff?
I have severe acne scars and pimples on my cheeks and near my face sides ,how can I get rid of these scars and pimples? Which is the best medical treatment or please suggest some good medicines for it.
I am 21 years old for the last 6 years I am having dark under arms I didnt bother about that since it wont get exposed. But from past 1 and1/2 year my neck ank under eyes are also getting dark I am taking bath rergularly and used so many remedies, creams, scrubs etc to control but it is not getting controlled. In internet I found that in case of diabetes it may occur too. So I have taken my test at home it has shown 190 I was shocked and unable to believe so within a minite I have taken second test this time 160 after that 138 it means my glucose level is flactuating. So I have taken a test in laboratary there before breakfast 70 and after breakfast 90. And I am over weighted too. So please guide me what to do ?
I am 20 years old. I have problem loosing hair. In some areas on my scalp heat coming while I touch. I sense heat on my scalp. What should I do to stop heat in my scalp? How to decrease hair fall suggest me.
Symptoms of Melasma
Melasma causes patches of discoloration. The patches are darker than your typical skin color. It typically occurs on the face and is symmetrical, with matching marks on both sides of your face. Other areas of your body that are often exposed to sun can also develop melasma.
Brownish colored patches usually appear on the:
- bridge of the nose
It can also occur on the neck and forearms. The skin discoloration doesn't do any physical harm, but you may feel self-conscious about the way it looks.
If you notice these symptoms of melasma, see your dermatologist, who is a doctor that specializes in treating skin disorders.