Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashank D Samak
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank D SamakYour feedback matters!
I'm having trouble with periods since start. My first period also I got at age of 16 from medicine I took suggested by my doctor. I'm 20 now. They are irregular since then having at least two months gap. I've to take medicines mostly for it. Is there way to make it natural and regular?
I am married its been 5 months now my wife as no signs of pregnancy after intercourse when I remove penis out of vagina sperms come out is it common.
Lack of sexual desire and lack of interest in sex. I do not get turn on, have very low sex drives and do not get wet easily, after my 1st delivery and my baby is almost 2 years old. Although I do not have much stress on my mind and body and still do not wanted to do it.
I have been getting periods for only 1 day from the past 2 months. I normally get periods for 3 days. Also this time it was all blackish and brownish. I am 23 year old and sexually active. Though I get periods on time and have a cycle of 28 days approximately. Please suggest me something as I am a little scared.
Hi I do unprotected sex with my bf today at 1.30 pm approx. Nd today is the last day of my periods. I am in a lot of tension I do not want to get pregnant. What can I do please tell me early.
I am 17 years old. I started with my periods at the age of 12. But even after this much time there has not been much growth in my bust size. Why is the growth not proper? Will it grow or increase in size?
Hiv and aids cause various symptoms. A few weeks after infection with HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) can appear symptoms such as swollen lymph nodes and exhaustion. Infected with HIV show no special sintomatia which could indicate that they are infected.
Within the framework of the immunodeficiency disease aids, characteristic symptoms appear, as it is an excessive weight loss and permanent diarrhea. However, signals characteristic of aids does not exist as such. What may appear are certain typically associated with aids?
Signs indicating the HIV and aids phase depend on the disease that is the affected. This is important to differentiate between HIV infection and aids in the case of HIV infection, the patient has the virus, but only manifests similarly to the flu shortly after being contracted and then passed and usually presents more sintomateas. If leads to aids, the patient suffers diseases occurring due to a weakened immune defense. These diseases are those that mark the transition from asymptomatic infection to aids and HIV is called aids-defining illnesses.
Doctors differentiate three stages of HIV infection and aids: stage a, b and c.
The classification of HIV or aids in stage a, bc does not provide any information on whether the affected yet have sufficient immune cells (t cells) or not. Further, there is a figure indicating the amount of helper t cells that remain in the patient's blood:
1: indicates that there is still enough of helper t cells (more than 500 per microliter of blood).
2: there is still a medium amount of helper t cells (between 200 and 500 per microliter of blood).
3: there are just a few helper t cells (less than 200 per microliter of blood.
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!