Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank D SamakYour feedback matters!
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures. Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Uterine fibroid of 18 mm seen in pelvic ultrasound in 8 weeks of pregnancy. What may be the effect of this fibroids in my pregnancy?
My wife has got PCOS & after her sonography we found her ovaries are bulky & small cysts as well. Can you please suggest what we can do to cure this & have a healthy pregnancy?
I got married on 08th sept 2013 and my wife conceived in november 2013. After 4 month she got miss carriage. After 6 month we planned for child. successfully my wife gave birth a male child on 25.03.2015 through normal delivery. But after two days that child was dead ,doctors said it is due to infection (intake of meconium aspiration. After that we planned for third time but that also after 4 month doctors said heart beat is not the so it is better to go for DNC. After that 8 month gap we maintained. Now she was 5 month pregnancy. Doctor said till now everything is fine but you go for HbA1c test. We done that test, the results are as under: glycosylated Hemoglobin HbA1c: 8.1% and the estimated Average Glucose (EAG: 185.77. Doctor concern told that you go and consult another Doctor for DM management. Now please You tell me what should we Do. For your kind reference My age is 33 and my wife age is 26. We have already done torch test and triple marker test. All the results are fine. Now the only thing is regarding HbA1c what should we do. Pls give advice.
I did urine test no white layer is formed and then again I did sugar test but after stirring it for 3m the sugar dissolved in urine am I pregnant I don't want to know this for my mother in law suggest me please besides going hospital. please.what can I do to get my periods.
Hi doctor actually I just need to ask an information I am on implant but I feel left ke pregnant preg test neg +blood test neg but I feel sometime in my belly moving to much pain lowe belly belly button going bigger my belly some time swollen vaginal bleed spot and discharge smell I can't eat fell nausea what you say about it.
What to do. During pregnancy in seventh month thyroid (TSH) is 13.09 while in second month TSH was 3.60. I am taking the dose eltroxin 75 from last three year. This is first pregnancy.
Hi I wanna to ask you that how many week will take to give a birth child ? And it's a possible to give birth child in 34 weeks ? And what's should minimum week to birth a child ?
Hi, I am 26 years old. I usually get my periods on 26th of every month. I am sexually active and I got intimate on 3rd of oct. This month and missed my periods on this 26th. I also got infected with UTI on 23rd oct. For which I took oflox 200 for 3 days. I waited till 31st for my periods n took premolut N on 31st oct. At night I had a flow of single drop with severe stomach ache. I thought that I have received my periods so I dint take 2nd tab. Of Premolut N at night. But it was just a single drop. So on 1st oct. I took 2nd tab. At around 2 pm in afternoon and 3rd at night. I again had another drop of blood after night. Today morning I again took another tab. And had another drop of blood in morning but nothing after that. I am very scared. Please advise.
Hi, after pregnancy, doctor said there is swelling in my uterus and I am taking medicine nusam400. But in period am suffering from pain on my left abdomen. Is this normal.
How can I know my vagina is long? because he feels my vagina is deep because he is not able to feel sucked in the vagina. please help.
Hello I had c section before 2 months I'm too much obese can I join gym. After how much time its safe to join gym.
I am suffering from uterus fibroid of 7mm on right wall of uterus from last 8 years. What is the reason of this fibroid formation and how can it be cured in natural way?
My wife has regular periods ,bt frm last 2months she don't have periods, in urine Pregnancy test is negative .2 days back she did pregnancy test ,it was negative. Now what we should do? - madam.
Knee joint injuries are one of the most common sports and vehicular injury sustained by patients. We have observed that many of these injuries are neglected initially. A knee injury often presents with swelling in the knee along with pain.
A medical evaluation of all knee injuries is mandatory. All knee injuries which are present with swelling and pain should be evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon. A Xray is usually taken.
The pain and swelling disappear in normal course of time but an instability persists in these patients.
An anterior cruciate ligament tear is the most common injury which is diagnosed in these patients. It is also called ACL tear.
The usual symptoms are fear of falling down, locking feeling , inability to make the knee completely straight, difficulty in climbing stairs up or down. All these problems should never be neglected as it will lead to further injuries and increasing damage.
The investigation of choice is an MRI scan.
The ideal treatment in these cases is a keyhole surgery
The surgery is called ACL reconstruction. The torn ligament is replaced with a new graft.The surgery is arthroscopically done.