Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
We had unprotected sex on 14 june and it was my period date after unprotected sex I took 72birth Cntrl pill after that I had my periods on 23rd June I took pregnancy test and it's negative bt still m nt hvng my periods it's 11aug nw.
I am a mother of 2 years daughter. My daughter still take breastfeed. Can you please suggest me is there any harm in that or is it will effect my or my child's body. And how to stop this. Is their is any medicine by which my daughter stops breastfeed?
I am 18years n 6months old. Often use to masturbate (only cliotis stimulation) n started dis frm around 7 months.. Irregular periods wre normal but frm last two masturbation I noticed something new. I started bleeding (dats similar to periods.. Lasts 7-8days) I had periods on 26th Jan dn again on 10 th feb, and now again 1st march. (2 put it 2 your info I nvr hd sex or nvr hv been into any relationship).. Is dere something wrong. Is dere anything 2 worry??
Iam in 12th week of pregnancy and had a cesarian in my first pregnancy. Is it safe to use mtp kit to abort the child.
Hie I am 26 years old n I hv 2 children first is normal delivery a boy and second is baby girl with c section now I wanted to lose my weight so my baby is 10 month old what should I do to lose my weight please help me.
Was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june. Missed only second last pill of june doubled up with the last at a gap of 24 hrs. Took a pill free break from 2-8 july, withdrawal bleed frm 5-8th july. Started new pack from 8th july night. Had protected sex abd the condom did not break on 9th july afternoon, but the same condom has been used thrice. Do not know if he ejaculated or not. Had very protected sex on 14th July. This was the last intercourse till date. Missed july pill only once at 21st july doubled up after 24 hrs with 22nd july pill. Had a very minute bleeding on 22nd july morning which was stopped as soon as the pills were continued. Pill pack ended on 28th of july had withdrawal bleed from 1-6th aug. It was normal withdrawal bleed on pills with cramps. Pregnancy test after that at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks all were negative. Pills from august was stopped as body was not permitting. No pregnancy symptoms except gas and on july I had some food aversion as I was too tensed. I feel like I ovulate 3 days before. Since cervical mucus during 28-29 aug was watery clear and lil stretchy but not of a large amount. From 1st sept it has become dry. Is their any risk of pregnancy since my period was about to start yesterday and it has not started till now. Am I safe? Do I need to do further home pregnancy test or blood test. I had no intercourse after 14th july and hpt was done with first urine in the morning.
Hi, my wife (32 years 61 kg 5.2 feet height) has been facing a thyroid (hyp) problem, she is under medication (thyroxin 50 mcg daily), recent test report is tsh 0.33, t3 110, t4 50. She has pcod too. She is trying for conceive give suitable suggestion as well. Thanks.
I am an age of 20 I was not geting my periods since last 3months. My mom have meade me to test sugar test and heomoglobin and my hb % is 9 so what should I do to get regular periods and improvement of blood.
Hello Dr. M 30 year old and I got married in Jan 16 i'm planing for baby I tried 2 months but couldn't workmy period date are below: 9th Jul'16 14th Aug'16 19th Sep'16 24th Oct'16 23rd Nov'16 im taking folic acid 5 mg per tablet daily I have 6 days period please confirm the period cycle days and ovulation time also suggest best time to intercourse and what to do to conceive fast. M getting tensed month by month please help.
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
I am 24 years old female. Ist time in my life periods are not on the time. What could be the reason ?
I did urine test no white layer is formed and then again I did sugar test but after stirring it for 3m the sugar dissolved in urine am I pregnant I don't want to know this for my mother in law suggest me please besides going hospital. please.what can I do to get my periods.
Over the years, a sizeable number of people have expressed their affinity for brown rice as the healthier alternative to plain rice. Doctors are growingly recommending brown rice to all those, who are keen on losing kilos or keeping type 2 diabetes in arrest. Brown rice essentially undergoes less processing as compared to white rice, hence it retains all the essential nutrients. Brown rice contains the side hull and bran and consequently, it helps in replenishing the crucial body nutrients like proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber and potassium. The growing popularity of brown rice not only stems from its nutritive values, but also from the myriad healthy diet options that revolve around it. Unlike white rice, brown rice does not require artificial fortifications like synthetic vitamins in order to conform to the required standards of FDA. Brown rice enables you to enjoy the health benefits without compromising on the taste of rice. Brown rice is advantageous for not just the fitness fanatics, but is also the preferred meal for those with specialized dietary preferences like vegans.
Some of the rationale for consumption of brown rice are listed as follows:
- Controls insulin spike: Brown rice has extremely low glycemic rating because of which the blood sugar level in our body can be adequately controlled. While plain rice enhances the risk of developing diabetes, brown rice goes a long way in nullifying the glucose fluctuations in our body.
- High in fiber: Brown rice is one of the most important sources of essential body fibers. It helps in preventing colon cancer by supplying the necessary fibers and it also detoxifies the colon walls by eliminating the cancer causing substances from the body.
- Promotes weight loss: Brown rice regulates the bowel movements and thereby stimulates better metabolism. It is also considered to be one of the most wholesome dietary supplements because it remains a whole grain, unlike plain rice. Therefore, it is one of the most opted for food items for those wishing to lose the extra kilos.
- Rich in salts and naturally occurring oils: Brown rice is rich in body salts like selenium and manganese, which nourish your nervous and reproductive systems, thereby reducing the occurrence of diseases like cancer, arthritis and other cardiovascular syndromes.
- Ideal as baby food: Given that brown rice is replete in necessary body fibers and health boosting nutrients, it is ideal for baby food because it promotes fast growth in babies and also averts any nutrition deficiency diseases. It also protects the baby from any synthetic vitamins that emerge from the consumption of white rice.
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution
Please get a PAP Smear done before starting local estrogen and keep a follow up with your doctor.