Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharvari Patil
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sharvari PatilYour feedback matters!
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
Ayurveda and Psoriasis
Although the root cause of the disease is yet to be identified, according to traditional Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata and Kapha causes psoriasis. As per ayurvedic principles, Vata and Kapha are the two basic energies that uphold the balance of our body equilibrium. Strong genetic predisposition, sun deprivation, and intense streptococcal infection on the upper respiratory tract can badly aggravate psoriasis. As per ayurveda, these conditions are strong enough to create several visible pathological changes that take place are mainly due to the accumulation of dooshi vishas or low potency poisons.
Uneven and unhealthy food habits, consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination (Example: dairy products with fish or chicken), too much intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, sour or salted food stuffs, etc. can trigger the psoriasis inducing pathogenesis. Other catalysts that cause psoriasis includes stress, alcohol, and tobacco consumption
Psoriasis can be effectively treated through panchakarma therapies, which include ayurvedic treatment methods for the complete detoxification of the body, and successful elimination of harmful toxins from the body fluids.
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.
Hello sir, I am 24 years female, I have chicken pox from 11 days. And still did not heal and I dint consult a doctor yet. Rashes are on chest and hands and stomach. And I do not have fever but am getting sever hand pain because of swelling of blisters. What medicine should I use to heal my chicken pox?
I am having a lot of hair fall. My hair type is dry and curly. Please insist me. I even oil my hair twice in a week. And use aloevera shampoo. Help me out please.
I have heat problem in my body please say some tips when I produce air in my nose it will be very hot.
For e. G. I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
My friend aged 18 yrs 5 months male Is suffering with back pain frequently. What could be the reson for it. And also he looks so lean.
I need to reduce my weight madam. I'm a student I need simple exercises to proceed .Plz advice me madam.
Hello Dr. I am biku. Iam suffering by acidity gas problem in one year. Some time I feel bore of this problem. If I take some antacid then its feel better fot some day. Its happen cause of my irregularity. Now what should I do doctor.
Impotence is a common problem among men and is known as the inability to achieve or maintain an erection for sexual activity.
Impotence can be a major side effect of diabetes for men of any age. Diabetes is one of the main causes of impotence. Men who have diabetes are far more likely to have erection issues than men who do not have this.
Understanding what causes impotence which is also known as erectile dysfunction (ED) is the first step into finding a suitable treatment. An erection occurs when sexual stimulation causes nerves in the body to release signals. These signals increase blood flow into the penis, creating firmness and enlargement.
The major concern is damage to the blood vessels and nerves which control erections. The real cause of erection issues in men with diabetes is quite complex. The link between diabetes and impotence is related to circulation and diabetes affects more than the nervous system.
Diabetes also affects the blood system. Uncontrolled high blood sugar can affect the blood vessels, throughout your body. These blood vessels in the manhood are already very small, so when diabetes starts to control your blood vessels, your manhood can experience different reactions and consequences.
- Hormone problems can also be a physical cause of impotence.
- Impotence is common in men with diabetes and often the least talked-about.
- The right diabetes treatment, especially if you identify type 2 diabetes soon enough, will help ease ED symptoms.
- Impotence is possible to treat and without using medications - there are a range of natural treatments available.
- Occasionally, impotence can be a side effect of medication, for conditions such as high blood pressure or anxiety or depression.
- If impotence has occurred for more than a couple of months, it is better to seek help sooner rather than later.
- A doctor can advise if you should see an urologist to determine the best treatment for your situation.
This can be caused by worry, stress, anxiety, anger or frustration. It is often known as "performance anxiety" which is a man's worry that he won't be able to perform in the bedroom. This can also be caused by stress at work, marriage or relationship issues and financial concerns. These can often be a secondary reaction to an existing physical cause.
Don't Ignore Erectile Dysfunction: It's Treatable!
- Having diabetes does not mean you have to live with impotence. The correct diabetes treatment will help. In addition these things may help too:
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle - Eating a balanced, healthy diet and carrying out 20 minutes of exercise a day will help both your diabetes and your erection issues. Your body will really thank you for it!
- Quit smoking - this can have a huge impact on a man's erections.
- Lose weight if necessary - If you are overweight or obese, just losing smallest amount can help control diabetes.
Seek a natural treatment for impotence
There are many treatment options including pills and vacuum pumps while you are working to control your diabetes. Men are looking to boost their bedroom performance by looking for natural remedies. Sometimes, what works for one person doesn't always work for another. Acupuncture has become the new treatment for everything from back pain, depression and even impotence as it can improve circulation. Bitter Melon is known as a popular remedy for diabetes as it can lower blood sugar levels. It is available from some grocery stores and you can mix into food or take in powder form or capsule. Natural treatments could potentially help fix impotence in men, but it is always essential to check with your doctor first to see if these are safe for you.