Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharath Mutalik
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath MutalikYour feedback matters!
My husband says that the joint between his penis and balls burns sometimes and the skin is also different in texture plus skin also comes of a little sometimes and his left ball pains. What would be the reason?
I have marks on face it became black and it is irritating me and that marks not going from my face even though I tried many creams.
Hi I am 24 year old girl, suddenly many pimples came to my face they are big red and even some had puss in it also they are causing intense dark spot. Please suggest some home remedies.
Watching your hair fall and seeing bald spots grow may not affect your physical health, but can seriously affect your emotional health in terms of self image and confidence. Thankfully, this is not a condition you need to live with. Today, thinning hair and bald spots can be easily treated with hair transplant procedures. The type of hair transplant procedure best suited to a person depends on a number of factors. Some of these factors are the type of hair loss, the size of area and quality and quantity of hair follicles available.
Hair transplant procedures are of two types; Follicular Unit Extraction and Follicular Unit Transplantation. Here are a few differences between the two types of hair transplant procedures.
- Hair follicle harvesting: Follicular unit extraction involves surgically removing a strip of tissue with hair follicles from the back of the head. This is then divided into millions of grafts each with a few hair follicles. Lastly, these grafts are transplanted into the bald areas. In the follicular unit transplant process, the hair follicles are individually plucked from the scalp. As the hair follicles are removed randomly from all over the head, there loss of density in the donor area is hardly visible. As with follicular unit extraction, these hair follicles are then transplanted to the bald spots.
- Time taken: Follicular unit extraction requires considerably less time to harvest hair follicles as compared to follicular unit transplant. This is because the latter focuses on removing individual hair follicles. The second half of the process takes the same time for both processes.
- Pain factor: A traditional follicular unit extraction procedure has a longer healing period than the follicular unit transplant procedure as the former involves sutures that take the time to heal and can cause discomfort. This procedure also leaves behind scars in the area where the hair follicles are harvested from.
- Area to be treated: Follicular unit extraction is better suited to transplants over large areas while follicular unit transplant is ideal for small bald spots. This is because the follicle harvesting time for Follicular Unit Extraction procedures is the same whether the follicles are to be transplanted to a small or large area while the time taken for follicle harvesting by the latter procedure is directly proportional to the transplant area.
- Cost: Follicular unit transplant is the most expensive procedure between the two as it requires more time and expertise. However, newer techniques can reduce the cost per follicle closing the gap between the two procedures.
A skin rash can be unattractive, agonising, painful and can bring about a huge number of different side effects. Here are seven incredible cures from homeopathy to take the rash away. One needs to make sure that every homeopathic medicine needs to be taken only after prescriptions by a doctor. Every cure is joined by a description of the side effects that show its use.
- Apis Mellifica: This is great to treat the rashes that itch, burn and sting, particularly in hot weather. It is an extraordinary solution for reactions that are allergic and where puffy swelling shows up with redness. Blisters, swelling and the redness will be visible. It commonly targets your face and eye zone. You will feel some relief when cold water or ice is applied to it.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This cure originates from poison ivy, and it treats skin rashes that are caused by the same plant. It treats excessive itching, tickling, burning, prickling, blisters that cause red skin, and those blisters that contain liquid. Applying heat brings help and are usually worse during the night.
- Sulfur: This is a good remedy for rashes that are itchy and burn a lot. You feel better when something icy or cold is applied to the area. Your skin is dull, dry and peeling with sores and liquid filled blisters that are inside a patch of dull red skin. It might affect the left half of the body more frequently than the right, particularly at the folds of the skin.
- Urtica Urens: This is just like Apis as mentioned above. You will have huge red patches of skin that sting severely. You might feel like needles are piercing your skin. This medicine helps you get relief from that.
- Graphites and Natrum Mur: These are extremely well known homeopathic medications for itching connected with skin inflammation. For using Homeopathic medication Natrum Mur, the individual must have dermatitis or eczema with dry emissions or rawness of skin because of brutal itching.
- Sepia: This cure is useful for a rash with blisters and sores on skin that has turned yellow or chestnut. In the beginning, the blisters will be dry, and will continuously get wet and release a fluid. It frequently affects the joints, the area behind your ears, your knees, and your lower legs. The symptoms decline in the late evening, and during cold climate. Sepia is a decent solution for psoriasis.
- Mercurius Vivus: This is great for rashes brought on by poison ivy and bacterial diseases. It will be very moist and have an odd smell. The rash will spread outward from the spot where it starts and will include raised bumps filled with pus. You may sweat a lot, and experience a lot of itching, particularly during the evening.
- Arsenic Album: It is one of the promising cures for itching from psoriasis. Where the side effects include psoriatic injuries alongside serious tingling, Arsenic Album is a standout amongst the most effective homeopathic prescriptions for itching to treat the condition. These sores are dry, harsh and with abundant scales. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.