Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShanghaiYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old and I am 120 kg and I am pregnant how can I maintain my weight now and how can I loose my weight after pregnancy.
Sir a patient of mine an asthmatic on salbutamol inhalers, pregnant now has ige about 4325 and normal values 158. Will it affect prgnancey or foetus?
I had done pregnancy test at home by using preganews pregnancy kit the result I got is one dark pink and one faint pink line what to conclude from this. Is it +ve or -ve. I had done test at 11 am. I get my periods 4 days before without any miss history but the day we test was my 30th day. So please let me know what result shall I conclude.
My wife has recently given birth to my first child. He is 3 months old and with our mistake she is now expecting. Another one I mean she is pregnant. Her pregnancy is of one month. We want to abort this is there any medicine which can help us to abort this as we do not want to have the second child so much sooner please help.
When is the right time to have sex for a successful pregnancy as her menstrual cycle was started on 2.6.16 Can you please help in this regards?
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Makes your heart healthier
Studies have shown that as the frequency of orgasms increases over a period of time, the risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack reduces drastically. During the activity, the most intense moment are equivalent to walking approximately 8 kilometers per hour.
Researchers have found out that having regular sex reduces stress and is similar to the effects of having a sweet, sugary chocolate bar, but lasts for a much longer time than you would think.
Improves sleep patterns
Post- coital sleep after a satisfying session of lovemaking is known to be refreshing, although the exact reason or science behind it is not yet known. Yet as per some studies, oxytocin which is released in the body post-orgasm has relaxing and sleep-inducing properties.
Makes you look younger
Regular coitus enhances anti-ageing properties and studies have shown that older men and women look at least 5 to 7 years younger if they are sexually active.
It is a fertility booster
Female hormones are better balanced after frequent sexual activity and also regulates periods, which in turn improves chance of conceiving a baby. With males, the sperm quality is enhanced due to regular sex.
Fortifies your body against diseases
Dhea a natural steroid released in the body during sex is known to increase body fitness levels and prevents various diseases too.
Keeps flu and colds away
Immunoglobulin is an antibody that protects against cold and flu and is found in abundance in individuals who have sex more than once a week.
Improves your mood!
Neurotransmitter released during sex improves your mood to a considerable extent.
Gives you a healthy glow
By flushing out the toxins via sweating.
Burns those extra calories
In a pleasurable way!
I am 19 years old female. Yesterday I had a lot of white discharge from my vagina and my breast is also paining. This happens many a times. Please help.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.
I need a consultation and guidance. I took I pill after unprotected sex (after one week of my periods). I am not sure if my partner ejaculated in my vagina or not. But I washed my private part immediately. I took IPill next day in evening i.e within 36 hours. What are the chances of getting pregnant? What are early symptoms of pregnancy? How to abort in early weeks with medicines? I really do not want to go with surgical abortion. Please guide.
My wife is not having periods since last 3 months but when test was made it was negative what medicine should she take to clear her periods as quickly!
Last month I took 3 contraceptive pill. And bleed a lot. Now what to do. Also emotional not felling well.
Hi I am 22 Years old, I am married, I'm pregnant, when my husband puts finger in my vaginas it starts burning sensation, itching & starts paining Can some one help me out.
Hello, I am 4 months pregnant. My office is on 3rd floor with no lift. Though I climb slowly, i am worried if climbing 3floors (100 stairs) would be harmful fr me. I am planning to take leave after completion of my 7 months. Please suggest on this.
Kavil test looks positive, I am 7 months pregnant. Following is my LAB report: Please do the needful. Report 1 Test Name Result Normal Range 1) HBsAG POSITIVE _, Sensitivity: 0.5 ng/mL Report 2 HBsAg screening Observed value: Reactive (5204.12) Unit: S/CO Non Reactive <1.0 Reactive >=1.0.
Hi respected doctor. Me and my wife had already did initial test before planing for baby. After test we did not succeed for three month. Then doc did sonography of my wife and he found my wife eggs not getting developed. Then from last two month my wife taking hcg medicine and injection of 1000 mg (do not know injection name. After that both two month doc also confirmed her eggs are ready. And we did sex around 5,6 day in her ovulation period which 12 to 19 .then why she not conceiving baby. Pls suggest if anything missing or any advice. It will really helpful for us. Thanks.
Dear Doctors Help me for this question. In a month how many time we'll take the unwanted 72 medicine? If we take that medicine 2 times in a month against unprotected sex, Then I want to know about the future pregnancy or female health, it will be hurt or not? Please help me soon as possible. If we go for the regular pill for two times in a month then which one is safe.
Opting for an abortion can often be immensely emotionally exhausting on your part. The emotional stress, guilt and confusion might become over bearing. To make this decision something you don’t regret, equip yourself with all the knowledge and help available.
Here are 5 of the top tips before choosing to terminate the life growing inside you:
Being certain of your pregnancy: It is critical to know that you are actually pregnant before proceeding with a surgical or medical abortion. Getting a test done from a reputed hospital is way more accurate than home tests which might not always be able to give you a correct reading. A sonogram is the best way to confirm your pregnancy.
Get an accurate idea: 1 out of every 5 pregnancies results in a miscarriage. Thus, getting all the information possible from a doctor helps you make an informed choice. You should be aware of all the consequences. At the same time, get facts, such as whether the foetus has a heartbeat, right. An ultrasound helps in determining this as well as whether the foetus is located in the uterus.
Know about your health: You should get yourself checked up thoroughly, primarily for any STD’s. Knowing whether or not you have an STD is important as abortion in a person with an STD increases the likelihood of complications and infection.
Legality: In India, abortion is illegal, as one of the main reasons for doing so is sex selective abortion wherein, the male child is preferred over the female. Certain provisions however, allow the termination of a foetus. If the pregnancy is up to 20 weeks and the birth would result in serious mental trauma or health complications for either mother or the unborn child, then an abortion is permissible. A trained government professional will be able to answer all your questions in regard to your choice of terminating the foetus. Sex determination of the foetus is illegal in India.
Get informed about the risks involved: Getting an abortion can be quite strenuous both physically and emotionally. It is a medical procedure that is irreversible in nature. There are multiple abortion options based on how far your pregnancy has progressed. Each of these procedures has side effects and medical risks involved. Often a counsellor or a psychologist is needed to provide support as women might become fragile or emotionally unstable after opting for an abortion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.