Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shamkant P. JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hi my mom is having dark patches on both sides of face if she takes tension it becoming dark what is the remedy, she is 50 years old.
Dear sir please suggest me any medicine I have lots of dark black spots and holes in my face So what should I do to rigged off.
I am 18 years old girl. On my face there are so many facial hairs. I am using garnier complete facewash and cream. Please tell me best facewash and cream for combination skin through which I improve my completion and get glow.
I am a boy my face is fair but it is loosing its whiteness. It is becoming dark day day. What is this happening to my skin.
Hello I am 19 years old. And I want to know that how will remove pimple'spot on my face. Plzz suggest me something better.
A breast augmentation surgery can leave you with bigger and fuller breasts, but can also leave you with a few scars. These scars typically appear on the lower half of the breast, under the arm or around the areola. Scarring depends on the type of skin, as well as how well your skin heals after the surgery. Like any other, the scars caused by breasts augmentation surgery can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
- Silicone gel scar treatment: This involves applying silicone gel onto the scar and allowing it to dry. For best results this needs to be applied daily and left on, for as long as possible. Silicone gel shrinks the scar while simultaneously flattening it and lightening it.
- Silicone sheeting: Silicone sheeting is a strip of silicone available in a variety of shapes depending on the type of surgery undergone. It is a self-adhesive and can be reused. This is typically used to treat scars on creases or areola scars. Both silicone gel and silicone sheeting are most effective when used within 6 months of the surgery.
- Cortisone creams: Cortisone is a hormone that helps fight inflammation. Creams that contain cortisone when applied on a scar can help lighten it and reduce its size. If you plan to use cortisone creams to treat scarring, ensure that the wound has healed completely before applying the cream.
- Dermabrasion: This is a minor surgical process through which the upper skin layer is removed. This is especially useful in cases of raised scars but not suitable to sunken scars.
- Massaging the affected area: A soft circular massage of the operated area can help drain the lymph nodes beneath the skin. This helps reduce inflammation and softens the skin. This also helps break down dense collagen and prevents the formation of a raised scar. However, do not attempt to massage your breasts without consulting your doctor first.
- Laser treatment: Lasers can be used on new as well as old scars. The number of sittings required for laser treatment depends on the size and type of scar. When used on keloid scars, laser treatment can help flatten the scar and reduce redness. Lasers can also be used to stimulate the production of collagen to help the body heal itself. Further, ablative lasers can be used to vaporize scars and are the preferred form of treatment for sunken, irregular shaped scars.
A flawless skin is the first parameter of a beautiful appearance. No matter what is your colour, a glamorous skin with no spots and blackheads is a must for being beautiful. In fact, it is the dream of most women to get a beautiful skin. Your skin can look young forever, if you take care of it in a proper manner. Your skin can look young if the collagen that is produced by the cells in skin remains intact. It helps in keeping your skin wrinkle-free and holds it tight. But, as you get older, the collagen gets damaged and its production is reduced. Here’s how you can take care of the collagen fibre and keep your skin intact:
Take Vitamin C: According to American Journal of Nutrition women in their mid age with sufficient amount of vitamin C had wrinkle-free skin. They looked young and vitamin. Vitamin C plays a vital role in the production of collagen. It also catalyses collagen repair. You can have food rich in vitamin C. Thus, you can eat leafy green vegetables and citrus fruits for best results on regular basis.
Stop Smoking: It is always advisable to quit smoking in order to have younger and fairer spotless skin. Smoking is responsible for the release of an enzyme called metalloproteinases. This enzyme is responsible for damage of collagen fibre.
Stay Away From Sun Rays: It is a known fact that sun rays are harmful to the skin. They contain ultraviolet radiations. These UV rays destroy collagen fibres, leading to loosening of the skin. Thus, it is best to avoid staying outdoors under the sun for too long on a regular basis. Or, if it is absolutely unavoidable, you must put on sunscreen lotions or creams, which protect your skin against UV rays.
Take Retinol: You can apply retinoid creams. They boost the formation of collagen. These are prescription drugs. But, there are also some over-the-counter creams with retinol in lighter doses. These are useful for having a younger skin.
Avoid Sweet Stuff: You must not eat too much of sweet stuff as they can cause beauty disaster. Excess sugar leads to the production of advanced glycation end products by attaching itself to lipids and proteins. This would hamper your skin and its collagen.
- Exfoliate: It is important for you to exfoliate your skin daily. It removes the dead cells from the outer layer and allows the skin to breathe and look fresh. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.