Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini N AdateYour feedback matters!
Me and my husband had intercourse just few days later after my periods now I get abdominal pain on my left but I have not done a pregnancy test and just few more days left for my next periods.
Hello doctor, I am a girl. And I will come straight to the point that I hae a question about my virginity. I didn't intimate with any guy but my boyfriend thinks that I had intimated with someone. He says that my private part is big that other girls. He says that my walking and my vagina shows my non virginity. Is it possible that if my private is big then still I am a virgin. He wanted to get marry with me and also he just want a virgin girl. Is there is any possibilities to rapture a girls hymen?
I had sex with my boyfriend before 3 weeks and I had missed my period so I tested my afternoon urine with pregnancy test card and it shows negative is there any problem while testing with morning urine and afternoon urine is there any change in the results in both cases.
1. Sit straight in your chair with support of lumbar roll, rolled towel or small pillow over low back area.
2. Try to sit on the edge of chair so that you do not lean forward. While sitting on edge is comfortable to make your spine erect, form an arch, make your head to drop in front and your shoulders to round.
3. Drop your shoulders and rest them.
4. Arms should be close to your sides with elbows bend at 90 degree position.
5. Head should be stretch towards the ceiling.
6. Chin tuck in.
7. Upper back should be straight by rolling shoulders backwards along with tummy tuck in.
8. Neck in comfortable straight position.
9. The height of the table should be adjusted in a way so that it should not be too high or too low in the level of eyes so that neck should not bend up or down.
10. Knees should be in 90 degree flexion so that they are on level with your hips.
11. Feet should be place flat on the floor. Make sure it should make a level with knee and hip position. If knee or leg pains then you can also keep small stool or footstool or other support to rest your foot on it.
I am 26 years old. Actually I am on treatment now to get pregnant till 4 months. Still its not getting success. Now the doctor suggested me to take xray treatment to check if any blockage is there in tube. But I lost my hope in this treatment n thinking to go homeopathy. I need your suggestions.
If there is sex between my wife and another sex between us after 30 to 40 min but it is unsafe this time. Is there chances of get pregnant because of sperm on my penis which is remain after first time sex and second time there is no ejaculation. How long sperm can live in open atmosphere. Please tell me about this.
My husband just rubbed his penis outside my vagina unprotected? Is there any chance of getting pregnant? Or any STD? Do I have to take any precaution?
Masturbation - Is It Normal?
The present belief that masturbation and semen loss is the mother of all evils- be it mental, physical or sexual is unfortunate continuation of antimasturbation compaign which was started around 305 years back by a quack doctor and pornographer named john marten from europe. He published a pamphlet named onania,-meaning the heinous sin of self pollution and described the frightful consequences of the act, giving spiritual and physical advice to those who had already injured themselves by this abominable practice.
Can you imagine it! whole europe was totally unaware about human sexuality and this was received with open arms. This was the first public awareness about a" new medical entity" called masturbation or onanism. Involuntary seminal loss was called spermatorrhoea. This was considered a revolution, starting a compaign to stop people practicing masturbation. It lasted till mid 20th century. Another swiss physician, simon tissot cemented the belief further by pathologization of masturbation by many funny logics.
India has history of producing the best known book centuries ago on sex - the kamasutra which clearly tells that sex is for pleasure to be experienced as per prevailing social norms. This is a rich tribute to our rich culture which had a very positive attitude towards sex. This whole absurdity of masturbation as a disease has not originated from india. The belief that it causes many evils from hairfall to black spots to weakness to impotency has been a european fantasy. Unfortunately we still follow and believe what these gora sahibs claim to be scientific. They were so obsessed with preventing people from practicing masturbation that they invented some peculiar type of locks to keep the penis" under lock and key"
Please remember, masturbation is also a normal sexual activity. It can be done by self or by a partner, it can be a sole sexual activity or supplement pleasure during intercourse. You can do it by hands or by rubbing against the bed or any other means till you don't injure the penis. You don't harm your penis by holding in a particular way or applying more pressure.
Can it be a problem- yes, it can be problematic if
1- you don't practice it privately. -
Some people find sexual pleasure by exposing their private parts or masturbating in public. It is a paraphilia called exhibitionism. So do it in private if you want it is a criminal offence to expose in public.
2- you start spending too much time in masturbating and seeking sexual pleasure-
There are people who masturbate multiple times a day. Still masturbation as such is normal but they spend too much time seeking sexual pleasure while neglecting their normal expected duties. They have hypersexuality. Sex as such will have no negative consequences, it is the associated events like getting STD from unsafe sex, losses due to neglect of work and damage to social reputation.
3- prefer masturbation as sole source of sexual pleasure, despite easy availability of suitable partner
For example someone after marriage may not have sex with wife but only masturbate. Such cases are found if someone has a severe performance anxiety or a fear of not being able to satisfy his partner. Many cases of non consummation of marriage have such a problem. It can cause severe marital problem and divorce, if adequate treatment is not takena lock showing 4 projections used to prevent masturbation. It used to be tied on the penis.
The risks and harms of smoking are pretty much common knowledge to most people. Especially when the pack of cigarettes practically screams it out to you in bold letters. Yet, as statistics would say, smoking in young adults has been on the rise in the recent years. What makes them take this step? Maybe it is peer pressure, or maybe they do it for the thrill of it. Every country takes a great initiative in educating their population, yet some fail to understand the complexity of the situation.
Here are some of the reasons that will tell you that even a single puff of the deadly tobacco can severely harm your health and general well-being
- Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of cancer. It can cause cancer in most organs of the body. Smoking cigarettes can cause the following
- Nose cancer
- Throat cancer
- Larynx cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Cervical cancer etc.
- Smokers are more prone to respiratory diseases because smoking is capable of compromising the immune system of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to occur in smokers as their immune system is compromised by smoking.
- Smoking has been linked to diabetes type 2. This type of diabetes develops during adulthood. The more cigarettes a person smokes, the more likely is the person to develop this disease.
- Smoking puts you at risk of developing several heart diseases such as angina, heart attacks, etc. because the nicotine in the body results in the lowering of good cholesterol. This causes deposition of bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Tobacco can cause tooth decay and several other oral problems such as gingivitis and other problems of the gum.
- Cigarettes constrict your blood vessels. This constant narrowing of blood vessels can cause erectile dysfunction in men and leads to the infertility in both men and women. It also makes them difficult to achieve orgasms.
- You might find yourself craving for cigarettes when you’re stressed out. This is because the effect of nicotine in the cigarettes is lowered by the hormone produced during a stressful situation, i.e. cortisone.
- Nicotine that causes momentary central nervous system stimulation can cause addiction and dependence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Donor Egg/ Donor Embryo
If you’re over 40 or can no longer produce healthy eggs, donor eggs can help you carry and deliver a baby. This is also a good option if you’re at risk for passing a genetic disease such as Tay-Sachs disease or sickle cell anemia to your child.
Treatment: What to expect:
If you decide on an anonymous egg donor, you can find her through your fertility clinic. You’ll usually be able to choose based on her physical characteristics, ethnic background, educational record, and occupation. Most donors are between 21 and 29 years old and have undergone psychological, medical, and genetic screening. Ask how your clinic screens candidates ” some do less extensive tests and background checks than others. If you choose to use donor embryos, you can either pick unrelated egg and sperm donors or use a frozen embryo donated by a couple that had extras.
Once you pick a donor, both you and she will take birth control pills to get your reproductive cycles in sync ” she needs to ovulate when your uterine lining can support an embryo. She’ll also take a fertility drug to help her develop several mature eggs for fertilization, while you will receive estrogen and progesterone to prepare your uterus for pregnancy. Once her eggs are mature, your doctor will give her an anesthetic and remove her eggs from her ovaries by inserting a needle through her vaginal wall using an ultrasound for guidance.
From here on out, the procedure is just like that of in vitro fertilization (IVF). Your partner’s sperm or a donor’s sperm will be combined with your donor’s eggs in a dish in a laboratory. Two to five days later, each of the fertilized eggs will be a ball of cells called an embryo. Your doctor will insert two to four embryos into your uterus through your cervix using a thin catheter. Although it’s not a common practice, many experts say couples should consider transfer of a single embryo to avoid the risk of twins or triplets. Extra embryos, if there are any, may be frozen in case this cycle doesn’t succeed. If the treatment does succeed, an embryo will implant in your uterine wall and continue to grow into a baby. In about 40 percent of ART pregnancies using donor eggs, more than one embryo implants itself and women give birth to multiples