Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini N Adate
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini N AdateYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor in pcod problem cured know 6 months how much weight reduced in 6 months I'm taking ayurvedic medicines 4 months started now so kouthaja triphala lehyam and other tablets and shatavari granule powder and ashokarishta weight now 64 kg and height 5.3 and age 24 years so please tell me I don't have ovarian cyst Follicle egg not growing.
My friend is 43 years old n she is not having periods from last two months. Is this a sign of menopause? Pls answer in detail she is very much worried because she is having inflammation in legs palms n thirst n headache.
Is it necessary for women to start calcium, vitamin d3 and any other supplement after 35 for healthy aging?
I'm 21 years old, I got my periods on Feb 7th and it's delayed for 2 months and I made urine test it showed negative and went gynecologist and she gave amenova 5 mg tablet to take three days for three times, the course completed and it's third day after course completed till now periods not occurred.
Hi. Its since 5 month of my delivery I'm suffering from body aches, hand and leg shivering, can't do any work I feel so tired and feel to faint and fall. There is severe leg aches and back pain. What can be done to cute this doctor please help me?
Sir me and my girlfriend were intimate about last night & I do not have any protection but I try to penetrate but I fail to penetrate about half inch it penetrate .and there is no sperm leaked but the time of penetration there is some pre-cum on my penis so there is any chance of pregnancy.
Before periods I am having pain on my breast and period comes late after 35-40 days and quantity of blood flowing is too much. What should I do in such case?
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.