Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini N AdateYour feedback matters!
Is it OK to have oral sex and anal sex with partner.in erotic movies girls are portraited enjoying them .is this natural. Will it cause any problem.
Hi, We are newly married and we are not planning for a baby immediately. So we can not really rely on protection i.e. Condom for birth control. So the question is : 1.Can we rely on condom? And is unwanted 72 good if taken once a month after sex? 2. How many times can she take the unwanted 72 pills? 3.any other mode of birth control?
I had my period last 16 June lekin abhi 16 July ho cough h what is the reason ki abhi tk mere period nhi hue h.I have already checked I am not pregnant. And blood test bhi krwa liya h.wo bhi normal h.plss some suggestions jisse mere period jldi se jldi aa jaye mere age 34 h.
I usually get periods after 3 to 4 months and we are planning for baby it has been 5 years we are having sex and as per other doctors I don't have egg but the process will take time almost a year I want to know some fast treatment by which I may conceive in a short period of time my age is 24 years.
I had spotting after 2 months of conception. I consulted my gynaecologist and she has given me naturogest 200mg tablet to eat morning and night. After taking that tablet , exactly after 2 hours I am feeling dizzy. I don't have the spotting now. Should I continue this tablet ?
My periods were irregular. Last month. I am planning for the baby. Accordingly the periods would be due on 28 april. I tested for upt on 25 april morning. It ws negative. Should I check again?
I am 8 month pregnant, during vomiting, blood is coming out at end of vomiting. Please tell if it normal or problem in pregnancy.
Can I participate in sex if my wife is in 2nd month pregnancy (not yet confirmed by doctor, it is confirmed our selves by observing regular menstrual cycle)
Here are some effective types of contraception
Hello everyone I am Dr. Meenu Goyal, a consultant obstetrician gynecologist at Goyal medical center Vasant Vihar. Today we are here to discuss about Contraception.
Choosing an optimal birth control depends on a variety of factors like your lifestyle, your age and your requirement. That is whether you want to space your pregnancy or you want to delay your pregnancy or you have completed your family and you want to just wind up with the family planning issues. Now if you are a young girl and you don't want to think about the pregnancy in the near future you can easily use the birth Control pills. They are the best measure for you.
The newer alternatives are not easily available in India. But the birth control pills cannot be used in a breastfeeding mother because it interferes with the breast milk so at that time the injection depo provera is a good solution for the nursing mothers. As it also helps in delaying pregnancy intrauterine devices with or without hormones is also a good alternative for a long duration of delaying of pregnancy. In India people normally don't want to discuss about the contraceptive measures that is why it is not being commonly used also its surrounded by lots and lots of myths but if you choose it correctly and wisely it helps you a lot.
If you want to discuss about this issue you can visit your nearest gynecologist or you can meet me at the Goyal's Medical Center, Vasant Vihar. You can also chat with me or text me or make a video call with me at lybrate.com. Thank you.
Liver does everything for you right from digestion, metabolism, immunity and the storage of nutrients to detoxifying your body. So, take care of your liver and it will inturn take care of you for better life.Thus, cleanse, rejuvinate and detoxify your liver with these to remain free from obesity, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive problems, allergies and many other health problems.
1. Garlic : To promote liver health, use fresh raw garlic instead of processed, minced garlic or powder.Eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves daily and include garlic in your cooking whenever possible.
2. Grapefruit : Drink a small glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or enjoy the whole fruit with your breakfast daily.Moreover, the flavonoid naringenin in grapefruit helps break down fat.
Note: If you are on medications, consult your doctor before taking this fruit as it may interact with certain drugs.
3. Beetroots: they are the best blood purifiers.Simply add fresh beetroots or juice to your daily diet. Make a powerful liver-cleansing salad with 1 cup of chopped or grated beetroots, 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon. Mix all the ingredients together and eat 2 teaspoons of it every 2 hours during the day for a week.
4. Lemons: lemon promotes mineral absorption by liver.Make lemon water at home by adding the juice of 1 lemon to a jar of water. You can even add chopped lemons to it. Drink this water at regular intervals. If desired, add a little honey.
5. Green Tea: By drinking green tea daily, you can help your body flush out toxins and fat deposits, while increasing hydration levels.Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily. If desired, sweeten your tea with honey.
Note: Avoid drinking green tea in excess as it can have an adverse impact on your liver and other body parts.
6. Avocados: The high amount of monounsaturated fat in avocados helps reduce low-density lipoproteins or “bad” cholesterol and increase high-density lipoproteins or “good” cholesterol. The liver easily processes good cholesterol.
Eat 1 to 2 avocados per week for a couple of months to help reverse liver damage.
7. Turmeric: The compound curcumin in turmeric induces the formation of a primary liver detoxification enzyme called glutathione S-transferase. It also helps regenerate damaged liver cells.Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water and boil it. Drink it twice daily for a couple of weeks.
8. Apples: An apple a day is the secret behind a healthy liver. Apples are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that helps remove toxins from the digestive tract and cholesterol from the blood, in turn preventing the liver from being overworked.
9. Walnuts: The high amount of the amino acid l-arginine in walnuts aids the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Moreover, walnuts contain glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which aid the natural liver-cleansing process.Munch on a handful of walnuts as a snack daily.
10. Broccoli: The high fiber content in broccoli improves the digestion process. Moreover, it contains fat-soluble vitamin E, an important antioxidant for the liver to carry out its functions.
Eat 1 cup of broccoli 3 times a week to keep your liver healthy.
Also, to keep your liver healthy, eliminate or reduce animal foods as well as alcohol, refined sugar, excess caffeine and processed foods from your diet. In addition, stop smoking as it causes significant damage to different organs of the body, including the liver
My wife is 53 years. We use to have sex often But of late she does not seem to be interested Any particular reason?
I was diagnosed with SLE in 1994. I am on omnacortil 10 mg. I have now been diagnosed with meniers disease and have vertigo. I have small cysts in my left breast and they bleed once in 10 days. I have a poor vision now and am dizzy. please help.
Hi doctor I had unprotected sex with my fiancé on 25 last month and after 30 mints she took I-pill. Her periods comes on 15/16 of every month. Tell me when we expect her periods this month !and is I-pill is safe to have.? We are going to get marry in couple of months.
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Dry skin tends to age faster as it is prone to wrinkles. A wrinkled skin loses its charm and elasticity. The whole concept of anti ageing revolves around keeping the sun hydrated and moisturized.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.