Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shalaka KhedkarYour feedback matters!
I had tired eyes and dry eyes 4 months back. I showed to an ophthalmologist and he gave me tear drops. The pain dint went and he suggested MRI of the brain . The report was normal. He advised me to stop using the drops. The eyes are less painful and dry. But still the dryness has not gone completely and my eyes pain sometime. The problem is only with right eye. I work on computer and make sure to take breaks . Pls advise.
I an suffering from weak eyesight for last 6 year and I have skin disease then I feel so bad. Suggest what should be done?
I have eye problem I get head ache and eye pain daily and feel stressed at my back head what may be the reason?
Hiii I'm ganesh I have one bad habit to masturbate I don't know it's good or bad I want to know about advantage and disadvantages about this I do it every day if m not do this I feel very uncomfortable I also have asthma problem so that it so much affect on my breathtaking Please tell me about this. So much time I have eye problem like blood see. Please guide me Sir/madm.
I got something stuck in my eye it might be any dust particle. After 2 days my eye started swelling and a white coloured sticky liquid started coming from my eye. So what can I do with this situation.
I feel headache and in to eyes with but not know why it is so please tell me that how will we get well.
I am working in IT sector, so have to look to the PC for way too long and i use my mobile every time. What should i do to keep my eyes safe?
I have red eyes due to 6-8 hours working on laptop or desktop. This problem is always faced frequently 1 or 2 days. What should I do?
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.