Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shail JaggiYour feedback matters!
I have teeth problem in teeth inside some geap is der any food I eat that place is paining what to do for that.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.
Hii Dr. I have 30 years old male and I have mouth ulcers problem every time. What I do for solved my problem.
I have a high tooth sensitivity. After having 2/3 pieces of home-made olive pickle I can't even eat meal due to tooth sensitivity. Please help me.
Hi, I am 27 year. Old, I had earlier fix my tooth by dental crown and now it again remove so I want again to fix my one front tooth so, please suggest now what I do? and also my current position is not so much to I do a dental implant so kindly request to you please, suggest other way. Please.
Hello Dr. Everyday morning when I woke up I am finding blood in my teeth. And my gum is very weak. Could you please suggest. Regards,
My teeth is paining is there any tablet or any medicine for this please suggest me as it is paining too much.
Myth 1: Tooth Loss Is a Normal Part of Aging Process - The fact is that tooth loss is a result of an oral disease, not the aging process
Myth 2: When You Grow Old You Get Dry Mouth - Absolutely Incorrect. Dry mouth (Xerostomia) issues can affect people of all ages, but it is more prevalent in old age mainly due to the medications (decongestants, antihistamines, diuretics and antidepressants) that are consumed for various other health concerns.
Myth 3:Bleeding Gums Are Normal While Aging – Not true. Gum bleeding can occur due to various factors like gum diseases, pockets and it is not related only to aging.
Myth 4: Periodontal Disease Cannot Be Treated in Elders - False. With the combination of scaling to eliminate hardened plaque and infected gum tissue and antibiotics periodontal cases are treated successfully.