Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shail JaggiYour feedback matters!
Dear experts/specialists, Please help. I have an issue with bad breath. I visit dentist once in a year and according to him my teeth are very clean and maintained. Whatever bad breath is coming, it is occurring due to poor digestion, nasal drip or due to throat issue. Fyi, I have a running nose tendency while eating food, brushing teeth. I myself feel the bad breath within throat area and always feel that some food particles are stuck in throat and that is causing bad breath. Also, I read on Google that this may be due to liver not functioning properly. I want to get rid of this bad breath issue permanently so please guide about next to do's, which kind of doctor shall I see in Pune etc? Any help, advice would be highly appreciated.
My son 6 years old got cavity in left and right. I consulted a dentist. He advised me to go for root canal. Is it right?
How can I change my yellow teeth into white teeth. I have tried many pastes. But I can't change it. Can you help me.
I have an digestion problems and weekly ulcer even though I have a normal hygienic food. What precautions should I take sir.
I am 30 years old. When I am eating any hot and cold things I feel pain in my teeth. I used sensodine tooth paste but problem is still continue.
My male friend (age 23) facing a problem. His saliva getting dense from 3 to 4 days. Is this any disease? How to get rid of this?
Hi, I am udayan. I live in kolkata. How can I make my teeth white. Also I have a gum problem. Which toothpaste is best for me.
I am getting mouth ulcer after radiation is completed 2 years back, I got buccle cancer got operation and radiation in 2015, now I am facing ulcer problem in my lower lip and tong, please guide me, I am cleaning my mouth every time I take food. I am facing uncle problem past from 4 month.
I have got braces on since 3 months with some movement happened. Now I want to remove them, will all my teeth regain their natural position when they were without braces? My canine of upper jaw has come downwards, will it go up again after braces removal?
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.