Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShahidYour feedback matters!
I am a professional singer.I think m suffering from vocal chord hemorrhage.Normal e.N.T doctor don't take this seriously.Please suggest something better
I can't satisfy my wife. Once I sex in a 10 days and one time only. So I want more sex 2 to 3 time daily. So please suggests me.
The term 'addiction' is defined as a chronic weakening disorder for people, who use habit forming substances like tobacco, alcohol, drugs and others. Addiction has a propensity to make one feel ecstatic. Such substances are toxic and will soon prove to be lethal for a person. De-addiction is the process of disengaging oneself from the usage of habit forming substances. The process of de-addiction is slow; it requires a great deal of self-control and determination to achieve adequate results.
Why should you give up on the addiction of any kind and opt for de-addiction?
One must opt for the process of de-addiction owing to the following reasons:
1. It helps you to successfully diagnose the underlying psychiatric issues that are responsible for your habit formation
2. It helps you get rid of harmful practices that make your body toxic
3. It helps you to develop your morality and enables you to understand your responsibilities better, it clears your clouded judgement
4. You get a chance to develop your personal cognitive skills
5. It helps you regain your lost respect and dignity among your friends and family
6. It improves your relationship with your family and makes you a responsible member of the family
7. It improves your health conditions and allows to actively take part in your daily activities actively
What is the role of an addicts friends and family in the process of de-addiction?
The family members of the addict plays an important role in the process of de-addiction. Usually, it is the family members, who encourage the addict to give up on their addiction. The support and constant encouragement of the family enable the addict to pull through the steps of de-addiction with ease. Most addicts tend to give in to their temptation during the course of de-addiction, but if their family members keep an eye on the addicts actions closely and make it a point to provide them with necessary counselling and rehab facilities, then the addicts might not give in to their weak moment. The support of their friends is also indispensable, they look after their friend who has a history of addiction and ensures that he/she does not go down the same dark alley again.