Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shah Shilpa
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shah ShilpaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam. my mom have head ache problem when ever she heard a medium or larger sounds she will be suffered until she take any medicine please can you say precautions for this thank you in advance.
Dear doctor, I am 31 years old male and weights 77 kg. Sometimes if my body become overheated, there is a blood bleeding from my nose few seconds. Is it normal? What is the reason behind this. Thanking you in advance. Please explain.
A surgical procedure that is done to alter a deviated septum is called Septoplasty. When the cartilage in the middle of your nose is deviated and is out of position, it can create problems like pain in the nose, problems in breathing and nosebleeds. Septoplasty aims to correct the alignment of the septum so as to improve the airflow and rectify any breathing problem. This surgery is generally an outpatient procedure and can be done with general or local anaesthesia.
The septum is the cartilage that causes the division between the two nostrils. When the alignment of the septum falters, it is called a deviated septum. If the septum shifts to one side, then the size of one of the nostrils reduces and causes breathing troubles. Some people are born with a deviation in the septum, but often times it can be caused by an injury to the nose as well. Surgery is the only means to correct this deformity.
What are the risks associated with septoplasty?
Septoplasty is a major surgery, and just like any other surgery, it has its risks. The risks may include heavy bleeding, adverse reaction to anaesthetics used or infection of the site of surgery. The other risks that are associated with septoplasty include
- Profuse bleeding
- Decrease in olfactory senses
- Change in the shape of your nose
- A perforation in the septum
- Temporary sensation of numbness of facial area due to the effects of anaesthetics
- Collection of blood in the nasal space, which needs special medical attention to be drained out
- Sometimes the symptoms such as blocked nose, bleeding etc. may persist even after undergoing the surgery.
How to recover from the surgery?
After the surgical procedure, your doctor may ask you to take precautions in order to reduce the chances of swelling and bleeding. Depending upon the severity of the surgery, your doctor may advice you to abide by all of the restrictions such as:
- Curbing on activities such as aerobics and jogging which can put strain on your body. This precaution is practiced to maintain normal blood pressure in order to avoid nosebleeds
- Do not blow your nose
- Avoid wearing clothes that you have to take off by pulling over your nose to avoid brushing against it
- Put your head on an elevated platform when sleeping
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!